UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Paradox295 said:
So, anyone else's Gundam 00 orders cancelled by Select Cheaper? They told me that they ran out of copies :(

Yeap, me too. Said they had dispatched, and then a couple of days later said they had no stock and the dispatch notice was a mistake :(

Find-DVD altered me to some SERIOUS MVM box set bargains, and a little bit of searching for myself lead me to discovering a number of others. I only ordered one set due to me either owning the others in full, or owning most of the volumes... and the set I ordered was Witchblade, even though I own the individual volumes.

...Oh, yes, and rejoice, Lupus: these are R2 bargains!

Witchblade Box Set -- £19.49

Black Lagoon Box Set (S1 & S2) -- £18.49

Basilisk Box Set -- £20.49

Speed Grapher Box Set -- £19.49

Gun Sword Box Set -- £20.45

Gungrave Box Set -- £22.95

Samurai 7 Box Set -- £15.68

Love Hina Box Set -- £16.95

Tenjho Tenge Box Set: £17.99

Black Cat Box Set -- £19.49

Burst Angel Box Set -- £17.99

Durial666 said:
Virtually all of them have gone up in price. But thank you for making light of these bargains.

That's a shame, but most of the prices are still the cheapest around, regardless of the increases.

Witchblade and the complete Black Lagoon collection for £24 each are still super-bargains. I double-dipped on Witchblade due to it being a 9/10 of mine, and I would've also gone in for the BL set if not for me owning the two lovely individual box sets already.

Also, just in case some of you missed these previously...

Basilisk (2007) Box Set: £17.99
NOTE: According to PlayUSA's picture and release date, this set is the full size, $89.99 art box set. I just realized and ordered in case it's the real deal.

Baccano Box Set: £17.99

Desert Punk Box Set: £17.99

Peach Girl Box Set: £17.99

Berserk Box Set: £17.99

Mushishi Box Set: £17.99

Gungrave Box Set: £17.99

Phoenix Box Set: £12.99

Galaxy Railways Box Set: £17.99

Maria Holic Box Set: £17.99

Ramen Fighter Miki Box Set: £11.99

Girl's High Box Set: £12.99

Rocket Girls Box Set: £17.99

Tide-Line Blue Box: £17.99

Otoboku Collection: £15.99

Tenchi Muyo! GXP Box Set: £17.99

Black Cat Box Set: £16.99

Le Chevalier D'Eon Box Set: £17.99

Princess Princess Box Set: £14.99

As long as the box sets above are still in circulation, PlayUSA WILL get you the sets in question... they'll just take a lengthy period to do so.

That-Bastard-Bad-Guy-Aion said:
Also, just in case some of you missed these previously...

Galaxy Railways Box Set: £17.99

Tenchi Muyo! GXP Box Set: £17.99

Be wary of these two. Funimation never upgraded the packaging on these. Apparently they are still the environmentally friendly card sleeve sets, so be prepared for scuffed discs, straying adhesive, and the immediate requirement to find a decent case, or set of cases to store them in, leaving the card sleeve to one side just for the artwork.

You gotta love Manga's box set prices. Top tier anime for bottom tier prices.

I received another MVM box set email this morning. Since I no longer have much on my Find-DVD watchlist, it might be worth you having a look around at the MVM box set prices on your own to see if there are any other bargains.

Berserk Box Set: £22.78 (it was £18, when I was emailed...)

Do note that you can still get the 'remastered' R1 set from PlayUSA for less.

Daphne Box Set: £17.95

Edit: Found one more...

Ah! My Goddess Box Set: £17.91

There are a few seemingly random anime discs priced at £7 in HMV at the moment, I picked up the two volumes of Hellsing Ultimate I was missing last week. They are even cheaper on the website and the first three series sets of Bleach can be had for less than £12 each.

Here are some more prices from PlayUSA's random pricing system:

Eden of the East: Complete (DVD) - £17.99

Blade of the Immortal: Complete (DVD) - £17.99

Ordered both. I always said I'd give Eden another chance if I could get it on DVD, just like in the case of Casshern. And, though I dropped the BotI manga because of the sketchy art not combing well with the action, I see no reason not to give it a go in anime form after being impressed by its kickarse opening.

Hetalia Axis Powers: Season 1 (2 Discs) - £15.99

I'm kind of interested in Axis but the set only has 130 minutes worth of content. I'd rather wait for a bigger release.

I was just checking through some of my prices posted before, and Base.com have readjusted a lot of their prices; going even lower than they originally did before the prices went up.

Three super bargains:

Black Lagoon: Seasons 1 & 2 Box Set - £17.95

Witchblade Box Set: 17.95

Basilisk Box Set: £17.95

I double-dipped on the BL set. I'd also go in for the Basilisk set, if not for me (disappointingly) receiving the cheapo R1 box set when I took a chance with PlayUSA recently...

Cheers Aion. I'm already past my DVD quota for this month but I just couldn't let that Black Lagoon Box Set get away from me with that price. Just hope it is the Seasons for a price like that.

Back