UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

lol, I will accept any and all abuse for not looking on Amazon and HMV myself considering that they were the sites you mentioned for the set. For £6.49, that's ordered.

ilmaestro said:
lol, I will accept any and all abuse for not looking on Amazon and HMV myself considering that they were the sites you mentioned for the set. For £6.49, that's ordered.
Any and all abuse, you say? This is an opportunity not to be missed.

Polynesian! Gyroscope! Anthropithecus! Technocrat!

Edit: Ophicleides! Crook! Shipwrecker! Rhizopod! Pockmark! Iconoclast! Certified ignoramus!

haddock.jpg

Right, its not really a sale...but price checking before the prices for ADV titles jump, i've seen a couple of decent prices for complete titles:

Azumanga Daioh
Via: www.cex.com
Azumanga Daioh, Vol 1: £4.00
Azumanga Daioh, Vol 2: £3.00
Azumanga Daioh, Vol 3: £3.50
Free Delivery
Total: £10.50

Via: www.amazon.co.uk
Azumanga Daioh - Vol. 6 - Graduation! [DVD]
Sold by zoverstocks
£2.97
Azumanga Daioh - Vol. 5 [DVD]
Sold by zoverstocks
£2.65
Azumanga Daioh - Vol. 4 [DVD]
Sold by zoverstocks
£1.51

Total: £17.63

Paniponi Dash
Via: www.amazon.co.uk
Paniponi Dash Vol.1 [DVD] - Paniponi Dash; DVD
Sold by Amazon
£3.99
Paniponi Dash Vol.2 [2005] [DVD] - Paniponi Dash; DVD
Sold by PCWorldTrading
£1.94
Paniponi Dash Vol.3 [DVD] - Paniponi Dash; DVD
Sold by selectcheaper
£3.66
Paniponi Dash Vol.4 [DVD] - Paniponi Dash; DVD
Sold by selectcheaper
£3.72
Paniponi Dash Vol.5 [DVD] - Paniponi Dash; DVD
Sold by selectcheaper
£3.44
Paniponi Dash Vol.6 [2005] [DVD] - Paniponi Dash; DVD
Sold by Amazon
£2.99

Total: £19.74

I don't think anyone's posted these HMV pre-orders yet?

Sword Of The Stranger - £5.99

Rin Daughters Of Mnemosyne Complete Series 2dvd - £11.99

Escaflowne Anime Legends 8dvd Box Set - £14.99

Hack Gu Trilogy - £10.99

Pet Shop Of Horrors - £9.99

Also, I ordered the following from PlayUSA, after checking through their pre-orders this morning: http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/1514/clipboard02tu.jpg

Genshiken DX:TV Series 1 And OVA Collection (4 Discs) - £17.99

This sucks for Genshiken fans who already own S1. Why? 'cause the only way to get the OVA episodes is to buy this **** or the crappy Kuji-something DVDs. It's a great deal for cheap/slow people, mind you...

Shattered Angels: Complete Box Set (2 Discs) - £11.99

A spin-off of that legendary 5-6/10 yuri anime, Kannazuki no Miko. Need I say more?

Casshern Sins Pt.1 (2 Discs) - £17.99
Casshern Sins Pt.1 (2008) (Blu-ray)- £17.99
Casshern Sins Pt.2 (2 Discs) - £17.99
Casshern Sins Pt.2 (2008) (Blu-ray) - £17.99

It's weird for me to be ordering an anime I dropped due to its sloooow pacing, but I love the shows post-apocalyptic setting and doom & gloom atmosphere. It'll prove to be worthy of £36, I think.

Big Windup: Complete Collection (4 Discs) - £17.99

I know sod all about baseball. I do, however, know it's one of the higher rated anime out there, and that it'll be new enough in my eyes to be worth a looksee for £18.

Kodocha: Season 1 Box Set (6 Discs) - £17.99
Kodocha: Season 2 Box Set - £17.99

I may be proved wrong about this series, but its read-up and high rating made me think it'd be worth a go when these sets are going for so little.

Hell Girl: Two Mirrors - Vol.2 Collection - £17.99

After canceling and having a few orders canceled, I finally decided to order both of the Hell Girl 2 sets. It may only probe to be 7/10 entertainment, but I know it'll be entertaining enough to watch from the comfort of my bed.

Project Blue Earth SOS: Complete Box Set (2 Discs) - £15.99

It doesn't strike me as being worth £16, but...

La Corda D Oro Primo Passo: Vol.1 - £17.99

Ditto.

Mermaid (dropped originally, but worth another go with a Funi dub) and Code Geass R2 (set 2) were also ordered.

Shigofumi, under VAT minimum limit, done :p
Isn't FUNi FMP BD not the remaster, or certainly doesn't look anything like as good the jp version does.

Foolish Cocker. Clearly you lack eyes, as well as my refined taste, since both FMA: B DVD sets are available to pre-order for £15 each. My math may be weak, but even I know £15>£18.

In any event, the pound wavering between 1.4-1.5 makes this importing anime business very straightforward, I find. If you want new DVDs, hope that PlayUSA sell for £17.99 or less--the £18 prices pretty much always being the cheapest for us Brits due to currency conversion and postage costs elsewhere. And if you want second-hand DVDs, look on SS/Wherehouse during their free shipping/20% off periods--no other store on the net allowing users in Europe to get DVDs for the same price as yanks.

Meh, I didn't even know what the UK DVDs were going for. The BD sets, however, are £7 cheaper than the lowest-priced UK equivalent. And since the first set was region-free, there's a good chance the second one will be too.

Back