Samurai Harem (Asu no Yoichi): Complete Collection: $16.99
DeepDiscount MSRP: $24.95
Correct MSRP: $49.98
Release Date: 5/11/10
You're Under Arrest - Full Throttle: Complete Collection 2: $13.60
DeepDiscount MSRP: $19.95
Correct MSRP: $39.98
Release Date: 5/4/10

Ordered Hell Girl to complete it and the harem anime for no good reason.

We (UKers) have to pay +$6 for shipping.

mangaman74 said:
http://hmv.com/hmvweb/displayProductDetails.do?ctx=280;-1;-1;-1;-1&sku=995661

Shigurui Death Frenzy (Bluray) £6.49 at HMV

Err... wow? Hopefully it hasn't gone all expensive by tomorrow, I wanna place an order.

.hack//roots: AL Box Set -- £14.99

Not a good anime, but a very good price. These £15 R2 AL sets are hard to turn down after seeing Beez previously want £60 for 26 episode series.

.hack//roots is a prequel to the G.U. games made AFTER the first game, and set not long before. With Bee Train in charge, what this means is that .hack//roots is near enough totally pointless - adding next to nothing of value, since Haseo develops in the games - and is full of lengthy staring contests. And the soundtrack is terrible.

I ordered it simply because I own all the .hack games, and all the other .hack anime. Plus, I want to support these cheapo Beez releases.

Genshiken: Season 2 - Premium Collection: $19 + $4 Shipping

DVD Pacific are back, and the price hasn't changed.

...HOWEVER, ye be warned: they now charge instantly for pre-orders, have no membership system and there are reports they cancel all orders made and not sent in a week. (Whether this affects pre-orders is unknown.)

I went for it: I have the first Genshiken art box, and it's not very likely I'll ever get the second set for so little again.

Before entering hibernation once more, I had a looksee at PlayUSA.

Rozen Maiden: Complete Series Box Set - £17.99

I pay around £40 for both Rozen Maiden sets, don't like it very much... and a complete collection comes out; costing under half of what I paid. Wonderful!

Air: Complete Series - £11.99

I paid around the same for the ADV art box set. It sent me to sleep, resulting in me on-holding it.

I'll be sure to shave my chest and put rocks behind my pillows when I make my next attempt at finishing the anime equivalent of Gremlins (art wise)...

Hell Girl (re-release) Box Set: £16.99

I got the previous box set for around the same; from DVD Pacific. I also recommend it.

Shin Chan: Season 1 Box Set (4 Discs) - £7.99

Misprice.

I really wouldn't wait for such an improbable licence acquisition, Kirrimir. As is evident, importation can be an affordable solution for those desiring niches within the niche. Practical reasons not to order the R1 release are far from plentiful.

Play are now selling the complete Claymore collection for £18. Not a bad deal... unless you're called 'Fabriluna' and are intent on living in denial.

Back