UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Yup, that's what I was waiting for. Only title i'd missed pre April, shame I've missed so many since, maybe i'll have a better xmas sale next year if I don't catch up on things1
I picked it up as well, just waiting to see if they can offer Noein at that price

If my current luck with these sales holds then the only ones I don't have, and would probably pick up, will be bundled with titles that I already have. :rolleyes:

Oh well, at least it helps me to not spend £££s!

It had a s1 standard release that was sale last year. Putting the s1 AND 2 SE on sale screws the people who bought it last year

It isn't like the 12 days of christmas deals are only meant for those who partook in it last year. It does suck a bit, but there are worse things like not having a sale at all.

It had a s1 standard release that was sale last year. Putting the s1 AND 2 SE on sale screws the people who bought it last year
I'd have to disagree with the idea that people are being screwed over here. I mean does it suck for the people who bought Season 1 last year? Sure it does, however they're hardly entitled to Season 2 on sale because of it. As long as Anime Limited release Season 2 as a standalone at a decent price (meaning less than Season 1&2) then I fail to see the issue here.

Yeah. Nobody on these boards is as critical of pricing and business models as me (for any uninitiated onlookers: HdE thinks anime is overpriced in general and Aniplex are THE DEVIL.) But in all honesty, the Dandy preorder is a bloody good deal, given today's climate. I'd even wager that it's likely to ork out cheaper than the asking price for season 2 as a standalone, given that Andrew has already mentioned that'll be an online exclusive. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if that maybe didn't even materialise - nor would I blame anyone for it if didn't.

Anyway, why am I here? TO PAYPAL! There's dandy adventures in space to be ordered!

Yeah. Nobody on these boards is as critical of pricing and business models as me (for any uninitiated onlookers: HdE thinks anime is overpriced in general and Aniplex are THE DEVIL.) But in all honesty, the Dandy preorder is a bloody good deal, given today's climate. I'd even wager that it's likely to ork out cheaper than the asking price for season 2 as a standalone, given that Andrew has already mentioned that'll be an online exclusive. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if that maybe didn't even materialise - nor would I blame anyone for it if didn't.

Anyway, why am I here? TO PAYPAL! There's dandy adventures in space to be ordered!

I think there is a slight logical flaw here. I mean, just because the price of this deal might be cheaper than the eventual S2 stand alone might be, this price isn't the one that should be taken as the actual price. It's only going to be £20 odd for the next few hours, so if a S2 SE evaporates, and you weren't around for this deal or you didn't have the money, and the set is more expensive than a theoretical S2 SE stand alone would cost (so however much the S1 SE cost on launch) then you'd be getting screwed.

I think there is a slight logical flaw here. I mean, just because the price of this deal might be cheaper than the eventual S2 stand alone might be, this price isn't the one that should be taken as the actual price. It's only going to be £20 odd for the next few hours, so if a S2 SE evaporates, and you weren't around for this deal or you didn't have the money, and the set is more expensive than a theoretical S2 SE stand alone would cost (so however much the S1 SE cost on launch) then you'd be getting screwed.

Although, following that logic in a circular fashion, that scenario would make this deal more appealing, surely?

You raise a valid point though, and it speaks to an observation I've got on the sale this year. Although, in a spirit of fairness, I'd rather wait until the full 12 days' worth of deals are done with before I say anything about it.

Also: I feel that ANY discussion even remotely pertaining to Space Dandy needs to see us all ending our sentences with 'baby', baby.

Although, following that logic in a circular fashion, that scenario would make this deal more appealing, surely?

Sure, but there's no guarantee that if someone wanted it, they could afford it. It's Christmas, wallets are going to be tight, and some people might not be able to spare the expense. Plus, it's not like no one at all is going to buy the S1 stand alone after the deal ends. Retailers are still going to stock it, so if you bought it on a whim without researching, you would've just wasted your money.

Sure, but there's no guarantee that if someone wanted it, they could afford it. It's Christmas, wallets are going to be tight, and some people might not be able to spare the expense. Plus, it's not like no one at all is going to buy the S1 stand alone after the deal ends. Retailers are still going to stock it, so if you bought it on a whim without researching, you would've just wasted your money.

Hey, it's not like you don't have a point there, baby!

[Runs comb through pompadour.]

You're actually getting kinda close to some of the stuff I alluded to before, baby. Like I say, though, I want to see how AL's sale pans out before I say anything on the matter, baby.

I mean, groovy. No - wait! That's the wrong Dandy!

Last edited:
Back