UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Are the lagann movies integral to the series or are they just more for fans who want more?

I watched a few episodes ages ago and didn't like it much but I still ended up getting the series on Bluray very cheap. I haven't got round to watching them yet though.

Thanks. That saves my money at the most expensive time of the year!

It's funny how half the sales seem to be new/upcoming releases despite the whole 'nothing after April' line. Not complaining as they're great deals, just not for me.... Baby (I had to get one in even if I am late to the party... Baby)

It's funny how half the sales seem to be new/upcoming releases despite the whole 'nothing after April' line.
To be fair they did say "There will be a mixture of offers on already released titles and pre-orders for upcoming releases.", so it's not really surprising.

Anyhoo, already have the UE so I'll be passing today again.

Passed on everything so far myself. Would be nice to get an offer on the Gundam Movie Trilogy in the sale.

Also AL have confirmed on twitter that the final item in the sale will be the mystery box.

Last edited:
Are the lagann movies integral to the series or are they just more for fans who want more?

I watched a few episodes ages ago and didn't like it much but I still ended up getting the series on Bluray very cheap. I haven't got round to watching them yet though.
As mentioned they're mainly recaps, but there are 2 SIGNIFICANT changes towards the ending of the series.

One I can't mention as it'd be spoilery, and while it doesn't affect the actual outcome, I'd say it was a large deviation from the series.

The side character deaths simply don't occur in the final battle in the movie, only Kittan winds up dead

The other is, and I quote:

Atsushi Nishigori said:
The breasts of Yoko are bigger in the movie.

Passed on everything so far myself. Would be nice to get an offer on the Gundam Movie Trilogy in the sale.

Also AL have confirmed on twitter that the final item in the sale will be the mystery box.
Andrew may have mentioned it here but there has been no official announcement that the movie trilogy is coming to the uk (and that the FR set has Subs)

Andrew may have mentioned it here but there has been no official announcement that the movie trilogy is coming to the uk (and that the FR set has Subs)

It is officially coming to UK about same time as France, but the release is slightly delayed as the material is old as balls really so if you pre-order from Amazon.fr expecting it before the UK, you'd be misguided I'm afraid ;). We'll get it online in the nearish future once the date is set that we know delivery will happen on :).

AP

Back