The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

I know there is sites that provide high quality screenshots / screen caps of movies, I’m just wondering if there are any sites that provide high quality anime screen caps?

I know there is sites that provide high quality screenshots / screen caps of movies, I’m just wondering if there are any sites that provide high quality anime screen caps?
you could try in the anime section of the blu-ray.com forums, if you don't see what you're looking for just ask in the video quality thread and i'm sure someone will be able to help you

Two questions today :)

1. Is Tokyo Ghoul RE the last season to be made of TG? I was hoping there'd be more?
2. Where do people buy anime OSTS as well as Japanese artists/bands CDs from please? - after stuff like Psycho Pass, Tokyo Ghoul OST as well as TK and Ling Tosite Sigure albums etc.

1. Is Tokyo Ghoul RE the last season to be made of TG? I was hoping there'd be more?
2. Where do people buy anime OSTS as well as Japanese artists/bands CDs from please? - after stuff like Psycho Pass, Tokyo Ghoul OST as well as TK and Ling Tosite Sigure albums etc.
I can answer the first question: Yes, Tokyo Ghoul: re Parts 1 & 2 cover the entirety of the sequel manga of the same name. There hasn’t been any new content in the franchise since outside of a video game and the odd bit of Sui Ishida artwork iirc. Sadly, I can’t see a remake coming out anytime soon that adapts the mangas more faithfully a la Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.

TG:re is definitely the last part. With how it concluded I really can't see there being a sequel. I agree a faithful remake would be great though considering how much of a mess the anime was.

As for soundtracks I think AmiAmi, CDJapan and Mandarake (preowned) are good options.

Thanks both, that makes me sad over TG as I remember when I first started watching RE I had to ask what the hell went on between where that started and route A finished as I had zero clue what occurred with Kaneki or the Gourmet and was sooooooo confused. I'll invest in RE then, I held off buying but may as well now finish my collection.

Thanks for the store recommendations for CDs too Faust :)

I've used CDJapan and Ebay. You could also try Amazon.jp.
There's now plenty of artists on Spotify:

And some shows have there soundtracks on there:

Thanks both, that makes me sad over TG as I remember when I first started watching RE I had to ask what the hell went on between where that started and route A finished as I had zero clue what occurred with Kaneki or the Gourmet and was sooooooo confused. I'll invest in RE then, I held off buying but may as well now finish my collection.

Thanks for the store recommendations for CDs too Faust :)
Yeah Root A sadly doesn't follow the manga so there's a whole 70~ chapters worth of content missing from the anime version. Then the :re adaptation rushes everything else. One of those cases of the manga being better

Thanks digger, I'll look there too. The annoyance is there's only certain songs I am dying for and they fall across numerous albums. If I buy these off amazon as singles...can you burn these to cds as well as forever own the mp3 please?

I want:

Abnormalize (original and sinners of the system version)
Enigmatic Feeling
Katharsis
Unravel
Signal

Then just other album perks across the animes like Monster without a name from Psycho Pass.

TK has a new album coming out in April but I can't find any tracklisting and if there was at least half the above on it, I'd buy it.

Sinners of the System - anyone know when this will get a release please? I ADORE the opening scenes for these and was in awe seeing it at SLA on the big screen and I need that awe back.

can you burn these to cds as well as forever own the mp3 please?
You know I've never tried! I brought a few albums off iTunes back in the day, but I worked in an office back then so didn't need them to be portable like that. And when I did I brought an iPod.
But I'm guessing those were DRM protected anyway, but this site reckons it isn't a problem for Amazon stuff:

Now-a-days I only have a CD player in my car, but I mostly only drive to work and back, so a little pointless. The vans we have at work are now radio or Bluetooth only, so I use Spotify a lot or rip CDs and put the Mp3s on my phone.

I have a cd player with ipod dock in my dining room still. It gets a LOT of use out of me when I'm cleaning or chilling in my yard so I'd love these songs on disc. The K-ON cassette dual disc album gets SO much play when I clean.

Found a cd with Abnormalize and Enigmatic feeling on which makes me happy but if I can just burn Prime singles doing that's more cost effective albeit less pretty as I love proper cds. I do rarely buy CDs now. Lil Peep being the last one.

I have the free use Spotify aka the useless one :( haha.

I still use CDs quite a bit, especially in the car, as I travel a lot for my job. The one office I travel to is three hours away. I do still buy some anime OST CDs, but also burn my own mp3 CDs. I've copied quite a few OST or concert videos from YT and then ripped the audio to MP3 and burn onto CD-R to use in my car.

I bought second hand Rotel amplifier and CD player seperates when I was about 15 and it turned me into a audio snob for life. You can’t get better than CD quality (except maybe Blu-ray audio or SACD, but those aren’t exactly common, even less so with music I enjoy) so for me it’s CD, flac or bust. MP3 and streamed music sounds pretty bad to me, but I guess it’s acceptable in a car (my car’s too old and basic to even have a stereo, and there’s no way you’d be able to hear music above the engine and road noise anyway) :p

MP3 is not the greatest sounding format, but it is fine for in the car, especially if the music was free. The factory sound system in my car is fairly decent, but most MP3 music of a decent bit-rate still sounds good enough. Music I really like I'll buy on CD, but I don't use commercial CDs in my car anyway, they are strictly for use at home. I'll make a copy of them to put in the car, because that environment is not favorable for keeping CDs pristine. I do have a small SACD collection at home, and yes, they sound amazing compared to regular CD.

Rotel, eh? Nice. I used to buy and sell vintage stereo equipment as a side business on eBay back in the early 2000's, had all kinds of high end audio equipment from the 70's and 80's come and go through my home - I would test them out in a separate vintage system setup for a short while and then sell them off when I would get other vintage equipment in. Still have a few pieces left over at home, including a 1974 Marantz 4270 quadraphonic receiver, some Carver amps, a few pairs of Large Advent speakers, and a pair of Infinity Quantum 5 speakers.

Which audio & subtitle options are included inthe UK DVD release of Dominion Tank Police?
As the packaging shows foreign countries age ratings (like some Beez releases), I wonder if it's also including some foreign language options.

Which audio & subtitle options are included inthe UK DVD release of Dominion Tank Police?
As the packaging shows foreign countries age ratings (like some Beez releases), I wonder if it's also including some foreign language options.
For the original Dominion Tank Police, it was released in two separate parts of one disc each. Each disc contains two episodes. Both discs are English-language dubbed only, so there are no subtitle or audio options.

The follow-up OVA, New Dominion Tank Police was released by Manga Entertainment and has all six episodes on one disc. This has options for Japanese 2.0 stereo, and English-dubbed in either 5.1 surround or 2.0 stereo. The optional subtitles (not locked) are based more off of the dub script than the original Japanese. Subtitles are English only.

Hope that helps.

Back