The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

Does anyone have a definitive list of which gundam titles anime ltd are not going to release? I seem to remember it being movies only? But which ones are out in the US that I should pick up as anime ltd are not doing a release?

(I’m not asking about release dates as I know that’s a sore subject for some, I just wanna confirm which ones are not being released, I don’t care about the when even if it’s years after the US)

Cheers

Does anyone have a definitive list of which gundam titles anime ltd are not going to release? I seem to remember it being movies only? But which ones are out in the US that I should pick up as anime ltd are not doing a release?

(I’m not asking about release dates as I know that’s a sore subject for some, I just wanna confirm which ones are not being released, I don’t care about the when even if it’s years after the US)

Cheers
Anything available on DVD only in the US. Gundam Evolve, the Turn A movies, 0080 and X are DVD only in the US, but the latter two will probably receive a BD upgrade in the future. 0080 BD was released last year in Japan. X BD will be released next month in Japan.

I'm proficient-ish in Photoshop. Not entirely sure what you're looking for but if you let me know the details, I can certainly give it an attempt.
well some design skills may help too. all it is is adding HUDs, prompts and random screen names to a few stills. if you're familiar with claymore you could do a good fitting HUD, otherwise a pretty gothic one would do

Couldn't find any other thread for these questions, if there is any, please guide me there :D
1. Want to purchase the movies, is the original movie better for me? - I've read that 2.0 uses 3D-GCI and I'm not really a fan of that, but is it fine to just own the original and not 2.0?
2. Does anyone know if the three Ghost in the Shell (OVA's?) - Laughing Man, Individual Eleven and Solid State Society come in normal blu-ray cases, with slipcovers, in digipacks and so on? Really dislike digipacks, DVD-sized cases, LE/CE, basically anything that doesn't come in normal cases.
1. I'm guessing your talking about GiTs 1 (original film, before anything else) and 2.0 (innocence) you may as well look for them both the're different stories, I haven't seen 2.0 though, but if you want to start a collection get the original
2. haven't seen those as OVAs I have seen them as series though. they always pop up on my amazon recommends looking like standard editions. so you can get them, since they come up on amazon it shouldn't be that hard to find them

The UK versions of the SAC compilation movies come in standard Blu-ray cases with slipcovers.

There really is no point in GitS 2.0, it's pretty George Lucas tier unnecessary. Hey look, we replaced computer graphics from 1995 with computer graphics from 2008 so they now look totally out of place! Now there's a soft focus orange filter over everything like Innocence (but obviously it wasn't made with that in mind so it looks really weird)! Best of all - We replaced some lovely hand drawn animation with CGI that's going to age like Tank S.W.A.T. 01! Avoid.

Out of interest, does anyone know if Manga's Yu-Gi-Oh! Season 2 set is on its second print run yet? I want to buy it but I want it to remain consistent with my second print Season 1 set.

To those who own either MVM's release or Funimation's release (as the masters are exactly the same, if I'm correct) of Ergo Proxy on BD, are there any issues with the video, and also the Japanese audio (e.g. dropouts, etc.)?

To those who own either MVM's release or Funimation's release (as the masters are exactly the same, if I'm correct) of Ergo Proxy on BD, are there any issues with the video, and also the Japanese audio (e.g. dropouts, etc.)?
I don't really check jap tracks, but MVM's doesn't have any video issues. the only issue I have is if you drop it it will crack in a way where the middle disc flap will not be held in place... I tried to move a lot of blurays at the time...

I have MVM's, and watched through it with Japanese audio. Can't say I noticed any overt issues, but I wasn't exactly scrutinising it.

I don't really check jap tracks, but MVM's doesn't have any video issues. the only issue I have is if you drop it it will crack in a way where the middle disc flap will not be held in place... I tried to move a lot of blurays at the time...
I have MVM's, and watched through it with Japanese audio. Can't say I noticed any overt issues, but I wasn't exactly scrutinising it.
Thanks, guys. That helped my decision in whether I should buy the release in the future (which, in this case, I am), as I couldn't find any reviews of the BD release anywhere.

Back