The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

Do we know yet what happened with The Boy and the Beast? Are Studio Canal just dithering, or do they no longer hold the licence for it?

Dunno about Studiocanal, but I got tired of waiting and imported it (The US BD is Region B compatible). But knowing my backlog, I'll probably watch it after there's a UK release!)

Just wondering, now that I have my 4k monitor, is there any anime available in 4k yet? Japan is usually the first to embrace tech and I'm seeing a few 4k discs in HMV now (albeit not of anything I'm actually interested in).

They've released Gundam Thunderbolt December Sky on 4K Blu-ray in Japan. It's apparently native 4K and not an upscale too.

Blame is going to be make for 4K when it airs on Netflix. I would only expect a handful of films or special projects to be made in 4k in the immediate future. It will be years even before 1080p is standard.

Blame is going to be make for 4K when it airs on Netflix. I would only expect a handful of films or special projects to be made in 4k in the immediate future. It will be years even before 1080p is standard.

I think they also said at least some of Sidonia would be re-rendered in 4K. And there's definitely a 4K scan of Belladonna of Sadness available, I just don't think anybody has actually released it in 4K format yet.

But for reference, both Blame and Sidonia are CG animation from Polygon Pictures and 4K is a Netflix delivery standard, so, unless there's a conscious effort from other people, we probably won't see much 4K anime forthcoming.

I'v been scratching my brain all evening trying to remember if this is an anime I watched or not, but I remember there's a show, somewhat romantic, and later in the series you find out in a flashback that two of the characters (boy/girl) met just after a funeral of one of their parents on a riverbank. One of them cheered the other up after having attended the funeral. Think maybe a can of soda may have been involved....who knows lol.

Any one recognise this scene?

I'v been scratching my brain all evening trying to remember if this is an anime I watched or not, but I remember there's a show, somewhat romantic, and later in the series you find out in a flashback that two of the characters (boy/girl) met just after a funeral of one of their parents on a riverbank. One of them cheered the other up after having attended the funeral. Think maybe a can of soda may have been involved....who knows lol.

Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru! springs to mind when I read your description, but it was a while ago I watched it, so I'm probably wrong.

Reminds me of a scene from a Japanese live action movie called Our Little Sister

Anyone know if there's a reason Hellsing Ultimate 9 and 10 haven't been released here yet, or if they ever will be?

I'm kind of tempted by the BD sets of 1-4 and 5-8 from Manga, but if there's never going to be a 9 and 10 I'll hold off and import them all from somewhere I can get a matching set.

Anyone know if there's a reason Hellsing Ultimate 9 and 10 haven't been released here yet, or if they ever will be?

I'm kind of tempted by the BD sets of 1-4 and 5-8 from Manga, but if there's never going to be a 9 and 10 I'll hold off and import them all from somewhere I can get a matching set.

Manga UK have lost the licence, so if any sets do come out, it won't be from them, so they won't be matching even if they ever do get a UK release. Madman's release of 9 and 10 looks identical to how Manga's 1-8 do, only with different age ratings, so if you could live with that, it'd probably be cheaper than importing them all.

It was touched on in the latest podcast and Andrew said he believes Manga do still have the license, or at the very least when they asked about it they were told it was not available. The whole situation is kinda infuriating tbh.....

Manga UK have lost the licence, so if any sets do come out, it won't be from them, so they won't be matching even if they ever do get a UK release. Madman's release of 9 and 10 looks identical to how Manga's 1-8 do, only with different age ratings, so if you could live with that, it'd probably be cheaper than importing them all.

I think Manga's response was 'Ask Funimation'. They have the license. Maybe even ask Andrew as AL are releasing Funimation stuff now.

Ehh... The massive Australian age rating stickers are pretty obnoxious and horrid. Anyone know if it's one of those releases with a reversible cover? Even if it does have a reversible cover though, I'm not really impressed with the idea of paying twice as much for half as many episodes. The US release of 9 and 10 is considerably cheaper (from some Amazon sellers it might even come in below the import threshold) but then the first volume is much more expensive than the UK release. Goddamn it.

Ehh... The massive Australian age rating stickers are pretty obnoxious and horrid. Anyone know if it's one of those releases with a reversible cover? Even if it does have a reversible cover though, I'm not really impressed with the idea of paying twice as much for half as many episodes. The US release of 9 and 10 is considerably cheaper (from some Amazon sellers it might even come in below the import threshold) but then the first volume is much more expensive than the UK release. Goddamn it.

No, the cover isn't really reversible. There is an image, but it's not meant as a reversible.

I was wondering whether Anime Limited's DVD version of Space Dandy was free from the problem with missing opening/ending subs that the BD has. Can anyone confirm?

Urrgh. My saga with my order of the Heroic Legend of Arslan sets from Marvelio on Amazon has taken a turn.

I just discovered that the Blu Rays will have been sent via DHL Global Mail. Had I realised this in advance, I'd never have ordered them.

I received an email purportedly from DHL asking me to click a link for tracking information. As I'm aware that scammers very often try to pass themselves off as DHL and (to my knowledge at the time) I wasn;t expecting anything from them, I simply deleted the email.

Can anyone confirm if this is the standard practice for DHL Global Mail? My previous experiences with DHL as a courier have been universally terrible, so I've never used this particular service.

It all looks a bit suspect to me, to be honest. So if anybody can clarify or offer some reassurance, it'd be MUCH appreciated.

Back