The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

@IncendiaryLemon Based on this Amazon review, it looks like it does but only as a Dolby Digital track.
AUDIO:
Includes options to select preferred audio setting: DOLBY TrueHD English 5.1 w/Japanese Audio; DOLBY Digital: English 2.0 with U.S. Music; and Original Japanese.

***Personally I like the Dream Theater stuff (U.S. Music) in The History of Trunks. The thing I did not like was the transition to the End Credits, sadly the music makes a hard switch from "Through Her Eyes" to some generic DBZ music which kills the mood, unlike the the VHS version.

On blu ray seen a 3 disc set of fate stay night on amazon for 30 but then saw unlimited blade woks from 49.99 for part one are they the same series or different?

Arggh thanks for that

If you want a slightly more detailed explanation, Fate/Stay Night was a 2006 adaptation of the visual novel of the same name by Studio Deen that (from what I've heard, I've not seen it yet) seemed to mesh different elements from the three different routes in the visual novel (Fate, Unlimited Blade Works and Heaven's Feel) together, which was met with a pretty bad reaction from fans and is generally considered not amazing. Studio DEEN also made an Unlimited Blade Works film, which adapted that route, but I think reaction to that was similar to the show. Fast forward a few years and Ufotable then took a crack at making a Fate anime, this time adapting Fate/Zero, a prequel to the VN based on a novel written by Gen Urobuchi of Madoka Magica and Psycho Pass fame. Reactions were much more positive to this, and it's generally considered to be one of the best anime made in recent times. This was then followed up by Unlimited Blade Works, intended as a sequel to Fate/Zero, and fully adapting the route from the VN over 24 episodes as opposed to a single movie.

Basically, most people will tell you to avoid the Studio DEEN stuff, so if you're looking to make a start with Fate, I'd recommend Fate/Zero followed by the Unlimited Blade Works TV show.

Arggh thanks for that
Here's a video that might help to explain why it's recommended that you do watch Fate Stay Night before watching the rest of the series.
Again it's just an opinion but I watched FSN before watching Zero or Blade Works and it worked out fine for me since I enjoyed each series

just asking what's the difference between them without too many spoilers? vid shows that UBW is one arc and fsn is an adaption of what would be the most linear but has an original ending. I've seen UBW and zero but I haven't seen DEEN's work on it

I'd honestly recommend just watching FSN and seeing the differences between it and UBW firsthand, it's worthwhile in my opinion.

Back