The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

Re: The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a threa

Yeah couldn't access it last night.
So I just went on the UK page and accessed the US site via there.

Does any one think that it is possible that new video group could release Shaman King on dvd? seeing as they have now released Yu-Gi-Oh! and are also releasing Beyblade & GX.

^^ I'd love shaman King to get released uncut. Always wanted to watch it.

I would like it to get released uncut, only ever seen the cut version, been hoping someone would release shaman king on dvd for a few years now and new video group seems to be the only possibility of that happening.

Rui said:
Cool, I'd love to hear what you think of it when you get a chance to watch the first season :)

R

9 episodes in and it has really started to grow on me. It's rather charming at times and others just outright funny. Gonna order the second set soon as these releases are fantastic.

Another post? Strange man ;)

Edit - aha the Devils number. I really do need to buy the devil is a part timer

A friend messaged me earlier asking if I knew about an old anime series.
This is the information he gave me, but i'm stumped. Anyone know what it is?

I remember the girl was with a little boy looking up to the city of heaven. Only the elite and rich live there and no one from below can ever ascend.

The little girl had some mark and she knew she had to go back to heaven.

At one point the girl is approached by a man that wants to shoot her for some reason and she has all of these mad blades that come out and chop him to pieces

Interesting concept, any idea how old the anime is (before 2000 or before 2005 etc.)? Might help lower down the possibilities or maybe an extra sentence of plot details?

He said ' It was more than 5 years ago, maybe a lot more'.

Will see if I can get him to remember anything else.

Edit: Wait, could it be Saikano/She, the Ultimate Weapon? I've never seen it before so I'm not sure if it's the same plot, but I googled 'anime assassins' and gunslinger girl came up and whilst I was reading through the plot and it said 'If you like Gunslinger Girl, you might like...' and the image for Saikano has blade type things coming from a girls body

Image: http://www.anime-planet.com/images/anime/covers/92.jpg

Well, it does seems to fit the bill, 2005, boy and girl, blades from within. Although I can't find any info about the Elysium bit (heaven just for rich folk). This actually seems fairly interesting and I see it's been licensed by MangaUK.

Does anyone know what packaging UP1(USA) use for the LTD sets? I've ordered Devil is a PT with DBZ S7 (Sep 29) and held them together, figuring if they do get more in stock awesome if not I'll get Manga's release.

I don't think its Saikano, it's been many years since I watched it but I don't recall anything regarding heaven being involved, might be wrong though.

It sounds similar to something I've looked up before but I cannot for the life of me figure out what it was, hopefully someone else can cause it's gonna bug me..

Edit: Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan is what I'm thinking of, dunno if it's that as I've never seen it but from what I've read about it ..maybe?

Like Grave of the Fireflies, I've never been able to bring myself to re-watch Saikano.

Baggie_Saiyan said:
Does anyone know what packaging UP1(USA) use for the LTD sets? I've ordered Devil is a PT with DBZ S7 (Sep 29) and held them together, figuring if they do get more in stock awesome if not I'll get Manga's release.

Same packaging at UP1. My recent order of largish DvD/BD sets came in a box wrapped in bubbled wrap with brown paper to fill out the space.

Edit: Wait, could it be Saikano/She, the Ultimate Weapon? I've never seen it before so I'm not sure if it's the same plot, but I googled 'anime assassins' and gunslinger girl came up and whilst I was reading through the plot and it said 'If you like Gunslinger Girl, you might like...' and the image for Saikano has blade type things coming from a girls body

Definitely not Saikano, there's no hint of a city in the sky/clouds/heaven where the rich live

Back