The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

Re: The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a threa

Baggie_Saiyan said:
Up1 has AoT Part 2 listed as "normally delivered within 7-10days"
http://www.up1usa.com/Details/A1984-Att ... y+++Artbox
Surely this is a mistake?

It's just the LE artbox entry that's marked at 7-10 days. I know they added that entry in after the other two, once they'd secured stock of the special art box version, so perhaps it's flagged wrong in their database? I'll send them an error report and see what happens.

Ok, I have a question,

Is there anywhere that lists all the light novels that are currently available in the Uk? (in English obviously).

I've bought a few on Amazon before, but it's hard to know what's out there beyond obvious ones like SAO and Haruhi.

Lutga said:
Ok, I have a question,

Is there anywhere that lists all the light novels that are currently available in the Uk? (in English obviously).

I've bought a few on Amazon before, but it's hard to know what's out there beyond obvious ones like SAO and Haruhi.

http://englishlightnovels.com/list-of-light-novels/

Bear in mind that some of these series were dropped partway through. Also, Aria is only available as an e-book. There are also a few things missing from the list, and a few things that are on the list that technically aren't light novels. And some of them are very rare so you can give up on the idea of buying all of them unless you've got a few thousand pounds sitting around that you don't know what to do with.
But that's the most accurate list that I know of.

Anyone ever see Jungle Book Shonen Mowgli? I just came across a VHS tape I have of it from years ago. I never knew it was an anime!! Over here it was 'The Jungle Book: The Adventures of Mowgli'. Nostalgia! My sister and I loved this as kids, it's kinda just clicked into place why I thought the animation was so great etc.

Kurz Weber said:
Two questions on Rurouni Kenshin (Samurai X) releases from over here.

https://uk.webuy.com/product.php?sku=70 ... -FDtvldXuo Is this the ova series and does anyone have a picture of it?

https://uk.webuy.com/product.php?sku=70 ... -FEVvldXuo An what is this is this the series or a mixture of the movies/OVAs etc.

I'd avoid CEX for buying dvd's at all costs, unless they have one in a local store that you can go and check over in person before you buy. You can get away with Blu-rays from them most of the time but every dvd I have ever ordered from them comes scratched to hell, I swear they must store them loose in a box and kick it around or something because some of the bits I've ordered are the kind that most people would cherish that were mail order only (such as some Hong Kong Legends dvds).

If you really must take the risk then pay by paypal so you can raise a complaint and get a refund because they ignore all communications too and the stores won't take back stuff bought online.

serpantino said:
Kurz Weber said:

https://uk.webuy.com/product.php?sku=70 ... -FDtvldXuo Is this the ova series and does anyone have a picture of it?

https://uk.webuy.com/product.php?sku=70 ... -FEVvldXuo An what is this is this the series or a mixture of the movies/OVAs etc.

I'd avoid CEX for buying dvd's at all costs, unless they have one in a local store that you can go and check over in person before you buy. You can get away with Blu-rays from them most of the time but every dvd I have ever ordered from them comes scratched to hell, I swear they must store them loose in a box and kick it around or something because some of the bits I've ordered are the kind that most people would cherish that were mail order only (such as some Hong Kong Legends dvds).

If you really must take the risk then pay by paypal so you can raise a complaint and get a refund because they ignore all communications too and the stores won't take back stuff bought online.

I have ordered from Cex alot and more or less all of the items have came in very good condition. The only thing I would not order of them in anime that comes in the same type of box as bleach seasons 9+ as they get damaged really easily.

serpantino said:
Kurz Weber said:

Ino CeX are one of the worst shops in the world i've had wrong items sent, wrong discs and broke items. But it's more of a question on the releases and not about actually buying from CeX.

Kurz Weber said:
Ino CeX are one of the worst shops in the world i've had wrong items sent, wrong discs and broke items. But it's more of a question on the releases and not about actually buying from CeX.

From what I've seen on amazon the 2nd one contains all 6 OVA's and Samurai X movie. The first one looks to be the 3 OVA's: Trust, betrayal, reflection and the Samurai X movie.

Right I found FREEDOM on Rightstuf as available again. Remind me how bad was the Manga UK version? I'm not sure if I feel spending £70 (+20% VAT & £8) on the set is worth it (as much as I like the look of it and yes I enjoyed the series).

NormaicGrav, why don't you buy from one of the other sellers on Amazon France (who have international shipping unlocked)? The other sellers are cheaper than TRSI when you factor in the customs fee.

IIRC the Manga UK version had out-of-sync sound so it's terrible.

R

Rui said:
NormaicGrav, why don't you buy from one of the other sellers on Amazon France (who have international shipping unlocked)? The other sellers are cheaper than TRSI when you factor in the customs fee.

IIRC the Manga UK version had out-of-sync sound so it's terrible.

R

I tried but the seller doesn't sell to the UK (and the other one with 99 Euros doesn't look trustworthy).
Some items in your order can not be shipped to the selected address. Please select another address to view the estimated total value of your order.

Rui said:
But you might avoid the customs fee. :twisted:

ilmaestro said:
Rui said:
But you might avoid the customs fee. :twisted:
That's true. I did avoid them dozens of time earlier in the year especially with Gunbuster vs Diebuster which was a frickin huge box because of the Right Stuf's catalogue and that set was about £60-ish.

I found some used sellers on Amazon UK going for about £60 saying it's 'Like New'. Might ask them about the box's condition.

Sweet! I guess I'll hold of importing then, especially since UP1 have sold out of the Ltd packaging.

UP1 USA seems to be down on my end, has anyone experienced this issue? They better not get rid of the site...

Back