The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

Re: The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a threa

IIRC Beez didn't have any control over the last Gundam stuff they released (Unicorn?) - the one that was being shipped from the continent without BBFC ratings. Andrew (I assume, I think it was via the Twitter account) said more than once that if they were in charge the prices would be lower but it was out of their hands.

Justin Sevakis has touched on why the bulk of Gundam isn't available: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/answerman/2013-11-01

Shiroi Hane said:
King Jimmeh said:
I think in the UK, Manga led the charge to half season box sets when they started releasing Naruto Unleashed, Bleach and Death Note and they were the last HUGE Shonen Jump shows (outside of Yu-Gi-Oh!). With those franchises leading the charge, ADV dying, and more fans getting frustrated at series not seeing full single releases before going to Boxsets (i.e. Noein), the half season/full season sets became more popular.
Death Note was released as singles (or rather two disc sets, like they originally planned to do for Hellsing Ultimate) - I still only have the first three volumes as I was collecting it with the Virgin/Zavvi exclusive figures.
Likewise, I collected the singles for the first season of Bleach; I remember this specifically as they were closely followed by a collection in a steel case which really annoyed me (I bought the case and gave my singles away). Thereafter I waited for the steel case to come out before buying (which is, again, why I still only have the first seasons...). It was only later they switched to doing half season sets.

Well it depends on your definition of singles. Manga did release Death Note in parts, but they were Double Disc sets (except for volume 4 annoyingly which is why I never finished buying it all). Bleach came out in Half Seasons from the beginning which were split generally between 3 and 2 disc sets. Its not like Eureka Seven or Gundam Wing which were 50+ episode shows where each individual release was one disc and about 4 or 5 episodes each to start with.

britguy said:
Yes and one of the reasons for bandai pulling out was because of the ridiculous losses some of the arms are making. I've heard half a million euros touted for losses by beez fr

Hard to say how much the losses were there - I know the numbers nowadays but not my place to say. You're going to face that in France and Germany anyway after not releasing new shows in ages as Kaze & Dybex closed the market off to Beez for the longest time there. I would say that the UK was actually very profitable though up 'til me leaving anyway (after that stats are vague for me).

So when you add all of the profit into the losses - it's likely not half a million anyway and if it were, that's not exactly a huge business absorption actually...

Best.

AP

Does anyone know if the upcoming Bebop BD release has the movie too? Or would I have to import the movie Separately? Thanks

Baggie_Saiyan said:
Does anyone know if the upcoming Bebop BD release has the movie too? Or would I have to import the movie Separately? Thanks
If you are referring to this,

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cowboy-Bebop-Co ... wboy+bebop

then it does not include the movie. It is a complete collection of the two parts that have already been released. There is talk of a possible Ultimate Edition which would hopefully contain the film but for the time being the film is only available on import if you are after the blu-ray,

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cowboy-Bebop-Mo ... +The+Movie

Note: you will have to check around first to confirm whether you can play it if you don't have a multi-region player.

Will the new Yu-gi-oh! GX dvd release be getting the complete series brought out on dvd or just up to were it was dubbed as the last season was never dubbed

Do all NIS America premium box sets eventually make it to a basic amaray release? I really want quite a few of their titles, none seem to be coming to the UK but I dont have the space to start collecting the premium titles

chrisjmuk said:
Do all NIS America premium box sets eventually make it to a basic amaray release? I really want quite a few of their titles, none seem to be coming to the UK but I dont have the space to start collecting the premium titles

The following Premium sets have been given a standard edition release:
- Anohana: The Flowers We Saw That Day (Complete Set - Blu-ray/DVD Combo)
- Arakawa Under the Bridge (Season 1 Set - Blu-ray (BD-Sized) and DVD (DVD-Sized) separately)
- Arakawa Under the Bridge x Bridge (Season 2 Set - Blu-ray/DVD Combo)
- Bunny Drop (Complete Set - Blu-ray/DVD Combo)
- Cardcaptor Sakura (Set 1, Set 2 and Set 3 - DVD)
- Ghastly Prince Enma Burning Up (Complete Set - Blu-ray (BD-Sized))
- House of Five Leaves (Complete Set - DVD)
- Kimi no Todoke (Set 1, Set 2 and Set 3 - Blu-ray/DVD Combo)
- Natsume's Book of Friends (Season 1 & 2 Set - DVD)
- Occult Academy (Complete Set - Blu-ray (BD-Sized))
- Our Home's Fox Deity (Set 1 and Set 2 - DVD)
- Pandora's Hearts (Set 1 and Set 2 - DVD)
- Toradora! (Set 1 and Set 2 - Blu-ray/DVD Combo)
- Wagnaria!! (Season 1 Set - DVD)

Ground Control to Psychoelectric Girl, Love Live! School Idol Project and Katanagatari should be next in line for a standard edition.

So Danganronpa: The Animation - what's the likelihood of this heading west (and into the UK)? I love the games and would like to own the anime.

Cel said:
So Danganronpa: The Animation - what's the likelihood of this heading west (and into the UK)? I love the games and would like to own the anime.

MangaUK did express interest in the show on their Twitter a while back so it's a possible license for them, I'd say it has more of a chance than most other shows of coming over here eventually. I'd expect an announcement of a pick up at either the October or May expo if I'm being honest.

It's possible but right now it's up to Funimation to sort out the home video release over in the states since UK relies on them.

In the event that Danganronpa does get released with an English dub and also out in Australia, I can guess Manga Entertainment will try and pick it up (would be cool if they could cross promote the anime whenever Another Episode gets localised).

Yukifan said:
Hi, could someone who owns the Limited Edition Revolutionary Girl Utena Sets (like this one http://www.amazon.com/Revolutionary...?ie=UTF8&qid=1412437816&sr=8-1&keywords=utena) tell me if the sets are good quality? I've seen someone on another forum saying they're quite flimsy and break easily so I'm not sure if I want to pay out £75 for them.

I have them all. They're fairly standard chipboard boxes with thinpak cases inside and mine are completely undamaged, so I'm not sure what those people are talking about. I guess if they're badly squashed in transit the thinpaks might break just like any other release?

The only issues I recall with them are that the black printing will show white scuffs or creases if you're rough with the boxes (like any dark-coloured chipboard set) and there's a small typo on the front cover of the second booklet which they fixed with a label. Both issues are minor.

They look gorgeous on the shelf. Mine are always face-out on display.

R

Rui said:
Yukifan said:
Hi, could someone who owns the Limited Edition Revolutionary Girl Utena Sets (like this one http://www.amazon.com/Revolutionary...?ie=UTF8&qid=1412437816&sr=8-1&keywords=utena) tell me if the sets are good quality? I've seen someone on another forum saying they're quite flimsy and break easily so I'm not sure if I want to pay out £75 for them.

I have them all. They're fairly standard chipboard boxes with thinpak cases inside and mine are completely undamaged, so I'm not sure what those people are talking about. I guess if they're badly squashed in transit the thinpaks might break just like any other release?

The only issues I recall with them are that the black printing will show white scuffs or creases if you're rough with the boxes (like any dark-coloured chipboard set) and there's a small typo on the front cover of the second booklet which they fixed with a label. Both issues are minor.

They look gorgeous on the shelf. Mine are always face-out on display.

R
Thanks for the info. I suppose they were just blowing things out of proportion.

Sora Takeuchi said:
Sora Takeuchi said:
Do you get charged import fees ordering directly from madman?
Anyone Know?

Yes you should, but smaller items do sometimes get overlooked as in Just Passing Through's case.

If it's coming from outside the EU you should assume you'll get hit by customs (and it's a bonus when it gets past them). Also remember that a proper company cannot get away with deliberately down valuing or marking as a gift so the threshold is pretty low.

Is there any Australian websites to import anime from were you don't get import feed?

Back