The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

Re: The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a threa

I've heard stories about there super fast international delivery, you have ordered from them right? How long did it exactly take? CDjapan take a month, granted I pick the cheapest shippinglol. Yeah the pre-payment thing is on Amazon.com and that was pretty badass, saved on the £8 royal mail fee.

I do love this film, thinking I will save up, then.

Baggie_Saiyan said:
I've heard stories about there super fast international delivery, you have ordered from them right? How long did it exactly take? CDjapan take a month, granted I pick the cheapest shippinglol. Yeah the pre-payment thing is on Amazon.com and that was pretty badass, saved on the £8 royal mail fee.

I do love this film, thinking I will save up, then.

I love the film too. I ordered Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica: Rebellion from them, arrived in 3 days.

3 days yo! :eek: It takes longer for some stuff dispatched within the UK!

Estimated total: £45.96, I should be able to make that before Uni starts on 29th.

Baggie_Saiyan said:
3 days yo! :eek: It takes longer for some stuff dispatched within the UK!

Estimated total: £45.96, I should be able to make that before Uni starts on 29th.
Amazon JP have never taken more than 4 days to deliver something to me. It's quite nice ordering from them assuming they don't cock up the customs status on the parcel.
In error they marked my Ghost in the Shell SAC BD Box as duty to be paid, so I had DHL after me trying to get me to pay. A quick email to Amazon JP's English help address got the problem sorted within 24 hours though and it did arrive without any further issues.
To be fair to them I've only had it happen once in all the times I've ordered from them, and by the sounds of it it's a very easy mistake to make.

Baggie_Saiyan said:
Sorry to double post.
Hmmm.. Knit the following text into your brain, and this is for everybody...

If you want to post again in a thread where you have the last post, you do the following:
Step 01: Open notepad on your laptop/pc.
Step 02: On the last post of the thread which should be yours you press "quote" or "edit".
Step 03: Copy or cut the post.
Step 04: Paste it into Notepad.
Step 05: Hit backspace on the webpage so you're back on the forum thread where you want to post once again.
Step 06: Very important: hug something.
Step 07: Just above the quote and edit button you should see an exclamation mark and a cross. Hit the cross.
Step 08: Succeed deleting the post.
Step 09: Go back to the thread, your post should be gone. (If not you need to refresh your page because it's showing a cached webpage)
Step 10: Hit reply. (If you hit it with your shoe neither I, Rui or Arbalest are responsible for the damage to your monitor)
Step 11: Write your new reply.
Step 12: Copy or cut your initial post from Notepad.
Step 13: Hug something, fast!
Step 14: Paste your initial post underneath the new post, or above. Depends on what your style is.
Step 15: Hit submit, and now instead of annoying people with double posts you just have a "2 for the price of 1".

Seriously, this is one of the things I teach members of forums where I'm a superior. I'm not the biggest fan of double posts, neither of "EDIT".
The latter I should explain by saying there's a chance I don't notice the edit because the forum doesn't notify edits as new posts.
I did such an edit with this post in the Project Improve The UK thread.

Baggie_Saiyan said:
Is this the only way to get 5 cm per second on BD with Dub?
Currently it may be the only way, but Anime Limited is normally going to release 5cm/s as part of the Shinkai Collection in 2015.
Though I must note that won't be cheap either due to it being a collection of movies. I hope they don't go overboard with all kinds of physical extras that drive up the price.
I would find it annoying that the only version available would be an Ultimate Edition-like set I can't afford at all.
I do however realize some people on AUKN really prefer that treatment... So I'd be fine with the Patema Inverted approach with a Collector's Edition and Ultimate Edition.
But well.. Another thing I know is that Andrew said he would have an update for us at the start of the summer and there hasn't been an update yet. XD

kuuderes_shadow said:
November has the sad honour of being the first month since I started paying attention to the UK anime industry about 2.5 years ago to have a grand total of zero new releases that I am even remotely interested in. Then again, quite a few of the series over the past few years that I have been most eager to buy have also been ones that have been singled out as not performing very well. I wonder how long it will be before zero release months become the norm.
Zero release months itself won't be the norm anytime soon. Silent periods, if I may call them that, have been there on a yearly basis.
But months with titles you have zero interest in could happen again for sure, if your taste in anime doesn't equal what is being released you are out of luck. Simple as that.
The pro of those months without titles you're interested in is that you'll have more money to spend another month. ;D

Having a look at my blog's anime schedule I believe The Wings of Honneamise is the only interesting (for me) title that's getting released in November.
- Bayonetta, Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods, One Piece and Dragon Ball I'm not interested in at all.
- Bunny Drop and Blast of Tempest I'm not interested in buying DVD-only because of DVD-subs...
- Nekomonogatari White I'd wait for to see if they'll do a "Monogatari Second Season" collection in late 2015 or in 2016.
- Samurai Champloo... Let's say I'm walking on the edge.

And then we have Space Dandy...:
Lutga said:
I really don't know what to think of Space Dandy - I haven't seen any of it yet but pre ordered on the strength of ATA's previous packages. Someone said it was a bit like Red Dwarf, and that convinced me.
I really don't know what to think of Space Dandy either, and haven't seen any episodes of it as well.
I'm not convinced I'll like it, and I just can't afford spending that much on an anime I'm not convinced of.
kuuderes_shadow said:
I very much advise you to try an episode before you buy.
Not my style. (And not part of my current policy.)

I believe I'll be awaiting the complete series collection ft. both seasons in 2016.
britguy said:
I like Random zany cartoon comedy like Adventure Time and Regular Show so I think there's a good chance i'll enjoy this.
I haven't really had a chance yet to watch either of those cartoons.

NormanicGrav said:
Also you're better off watching it subbed because Sentai is known for their mediocre dubs.
Okay, who the hell spreads these lies?! Go wash your tongue! NOW! *kicks NormanicGrav* NOOOOWWW!!!!

Good... Now, where is my chainsaw? ;P

I'm an "edit" user. I think deleting a post just to add it again is too much effort. After all, at least I'm putting effort into even editing when I could just, lets say....double post ;) :p

EDIT: I also do this sometimes when I edit so as you said, people are aware something has changed, if I deem what I'm saying "important" or something I really need a reply on only of course :p

So, I've heard Aus Blu Rays are the same region as us in the UK, so my question is, where's the best place to import Aus titles?

Dannielle said:
So, I've heard Aus Blu Rays are the same region as us in the UK, so my question is, where's the best place to import Aus titles?

UP1 has some titles in their catalogue, or you can try buying direct from Madman or Siren as they ship overseas. Dunno about Hanabee.

Just Passing Through said:
Dannielle said:

UP1 has some titles in their catalogue, or you can try buying direct from Madman or Siren as they ship overseas. Dunno about Hanabee.

Funky, thanks!

What does 'special order' mean on UP1. I want to order some volumes of Berserk but noticed most of them are special order?

Kurz Weber said:
What does 'special order' mean on UP1. I want to order some volumes of Berserk but noticed most of them are special order?

From their faq ""Available to order" or "Special order only", this is an item we would have to specially order for you from publisher directly as we do not carry stock in our warehouse.
(May take longer then 7 to 10 days, as we normally have to wait for publisher to reply to stock requests)"

Emulsion said:
Kurz Weber said:

From their faq ""Available to order" or "Special order only", this is an item we would have to specially order for you from publisher directly as we do not carry stock in our warehouse.
(May take longer then 7 to 10 days, as we normally have to wait for publisher to reply to stock requests)"
Oh ok might just use Amazon instead then, thanks for the quick reply.

Kurz Weber said:
Emulsion said:
Kurz Weber said:

Oh ok might just use Amazon instead then, thanks for the quick reply.

I asked them this before, it's basically the same as ordering normally before but will take a bit longer to arrive.

NormanicGrav said:
I asked them this before, it's basically the same as ordering normally before but will take a bit longer to arrive.

I've noticed it tends to be the high value stuff, things like Aniplex sets after the initial release. Makes sense, neither UP1 or middle men distributors would want to hang onto expensive stock without a buyer, so they need to go back to the source to get stock.

Okay so some FMA advice needed.

I have Parts 1-3 from Manga (on BD of course!) some guy I met online is willing to sell me Collection 2 on BD for £10, brand new problem is it is locked, and I don't want to be restricted to my laptop. So, I am looking at buying Manga's Parts 4 and 5(cheapest came to £32 for both) or Manga's collection 2 (cheapest came to £28), so I dunno what to do.

I have a question: What do people tend to do with old 'singles' - ie. 4 ep volumes from 'back in the day'.

If you see these for low prices online, do you pick them up? Do they still form a core part of your anime collection, or do you look to get rid of them at the first opportunity?

I know some people have said about taking them out of cases and just putting them in binders/sleeves - but in the case of 'vintage' shows like Evangelion for example, where the singles are the only version of the show to come out in the UK, does this not void the 'value' of the singles, in the instance that you might ever sell them on?

I remember seeing a promotion a US site did once where you could buy a box of 20 random singles off them, and you wouldn't know what it contained until you opened it.

If it's a show that's hard to get hold of otherwise or it's particularly good price then I will pick them up.

I bought the 3 singles of Rumbling Hearts and also the 6 of Tsubasa (with pretty art box!). Also, just recently, I bought Chrono Crusade over 7 singles for my younger sister which came to just over £17, which I thought was pretty good.

Back