The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

Re: The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a threa

Is heavens lost property season 2 a fat blu ray like black lagoon & spice and wolf or like season 1 in a dvd case?

Sora Takeuchi said:
Is heavens lost property season 2 a fat blu ray like black lagoon & spice and wolf or like season 1 in a dvd case?

From the photo UP1 have up for the set it looks like a fat blu-ray

I was looking at the price of the Psycho Pass collection being released by MangaUK and wondered ..is there a reason why this show is more expensive than others of the same length? Take Steins Gate complete or the two separate BD parts of FMA: Brotherhood that make 60 odd episodes all together, how come those are 25-32 quid but Psycho Pass is 40? It can't be the slipcase, that surely wouldn't add a tenner or so onto the price.

I think Shiki complete was the same when it was released into a collection .. why are some shows more pricey than others? Did they pay more for the license? Part of the contract? etc

@Danielle in this case it is because this is the first version of Psycho Pass to be released. Steins;Gate had two individual volumes released at around £20-£25 each, if they were combined as one set from the off you'd be looking at the same price as psycho pass. As forfor FMA:B, it has been released on DVD, a few volumes on BD previously etc.

Their later releases as complete collections can be released at lower prices because the cut is offset by what they made when they were sold as individual releases.

britguy said:
@Danielle in this case it is because this is the first version of Psycho Pass to be released. Steins;Gate had two individual volumes released at around £20-£25 each, if they were combined as one set from the off you'd be looking at the same price as psycho pass. As forfor FMA:B, it has been released on DVD, a few volumes on BD previously etc.

Their later releases as complete collections can be released at lower prices because the cut is offset by what they made when they were sold as individual releases.

ohhhh! That's interesting to know, thanks!

Hi guys, I haven't bought a physical release of Highschool DxD yet, but having pre-ordered the limited ed of season 2, just wondering, if Manga's release will be able to fit in FUNi's artbox, thanks.

Baggie_Saiyan said:
Hi guys, I haven't bought a physical release of Highschool DxD yet, but having pre-ordered the limited ed of season 2, just wondering, if Manga's release will be able to fit in FUNi's artbox, thanks.

The Funi LEs can only hold 2 slim Blu-ray cases (Part 1 LEs are exception). Given Manga (& the UK) use standard fatter cases you could only fit 1 case in the artbox.

Cheers for the comments on that anime guys. I'm still a dubber even if it sounds like it might be a below par one. Will perhaps search the interwebz for costs and stuff.

Another review/opinion I'm after please. I was in FOPP perusing the anime and stumbled upon Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero. What do people think?

It seemed to have got a lot of flack, me I find it amusing, kind of dragged near the end, the fact that there isnt a second season, made the ending suck all kind of ass.

If you wanna watch a harem type show were the main guy is actually pretty cool then go for it.

For the record I give it a 7/10.

Can you watch the Evangelion Rebuild movies without watching the series?

Sora Takeuchi said:
I've watched the movies without watching the series, and have suffered no ill-effects.

-Danielle- said:
Another review/opinion I'm after please. I was in FOPP perusing the anime and stumbled upon Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero. What do people think?

Kinda a middling show to be honest

Had tons of potential to do interesting things but it turns out that having a vary strong MC is not so great, or at least not the way they handled it. They did something interesting part way through that took things in an unexpected direction but then dragged that arc on for too long. It did end with a potentially interesting new story arc starting so I would probably pick up season 2.

VoxPhantom said:
Sora Takeuchi said:
I've watched the movies without watching the series, and have suffered no ill-effects.
Good to hear, can't find the series at a decent price anywhere

britguy said:
Hey guys, thoughts on The Twelve Kingdoms?

A magnificent fantasy show which started off slowly but ended up being one of my favourite series ever. Excellent music too.

R

Is hellsing ultimate complete on UK bluray? I thought there were 10 episodes but the 2nd volume only goes up to 8. I want to get them but I'm not wasting money if it's unfinished and the publisher has no intention of finishing it.

serpantino said:
Is hellsing ultimate complete on UK bluray? I thought there were 10 episodes but the 2nd volume only goes up to 8. I want to get them but I'm not wasting money if it's unfinished and the publisher has no intention of finishing it.

Volumes 9 and 10 are coming out early 2015 (best bet is either January or February).

NormanicGrav said:
serpantino said:

Volumes 9 and 10 are coming out early 2015 (best bet is either January or February).

Thanks. I'll wait till it's out then. Had heard they weren't going to but might have mixed it up with something else.

Back