The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

Re: The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a threa

Morbo86 said:
Is it just my 'My Anime List' that seems to be messed up?

Example, alot of shows have 9001 episodes. examples are but not limited to Angel Beats, Akira, Baccano, Blue Gender, Cowboy Bebop

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/morbo86

Yeah MAL is a bit screwed up for now (everyone is affected, no danger though), should be fixed quite soon.

Morbo86 said:
Is it just my 'My Anime List' that seems to be messed up?

Example, alot of shows have 9001 episodes. examples are but not limited to Angel Beats, Akira, Baccano, Blue Gender, Cowboy Bebop

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/morbo86

So long as you leave the shows on your list there shouldn't be a problem. One of the anime moderators had their account compromised and the hijacker changed the data of a whole load of anime entries

OK, a question I've been musing over for the past few months...

From my point of view, we've started to see a 'slowing' of the market compared to a year or so ago. Sales are down, release schedules are starting to slacken a little. Manga UK is coming to the end of some of its big money-making franchises, MVM and Anime Ltd seem to be on the rise. Are we set for a sea-change in the UK anime market? Will 2015 bring a less crowded market than we saw this year?

Obviously it's difficult as streaming services are starting to really catch on - but it feels like the UK market is crying out for the kind of release that'd do serious numbers - and I've always wondered whether a super busy schedule helped affect that, as people simply didn't have the money to buy every show, meaning sales across the board were watered down instead of concentrated on a few select titles.

Lutga said:
OK, a question I've been musing over for the past few months...

From my point of view, we've started to see a 'slowing' of the market compared to a year or so ago. Sales are down, release schedules are starting to slacken a little. Manga UK is coming to the end of some of its big money-making franchises, MVM and Anime Ltd seem to be on the rise. Are we set for a sea-change in the UK anime market? Will 2015 bring a less crowded market than we saw this year?

Obviously it's difficult as streaming services are starting to really catch on - but it feels like the UK market is crying out for the kind of release that'd do serious numbers - and I've always wondered whether a super busy schedule helped affect that, as people simply didn't have the money to buy every show, meaning sales across the board were watered down instead of concentrated on a few select titles.

I think we are definitely seeing a shift, Anime Ltd put a lot of effort into their releases compared to the other companies. MvM seem to have realised they can do a similar thing with their Fate Zero release.

I don't see any show doing big big numbers, most fans already know what the big titles are and will buy them so having fewer 'non big' titles won't really boost them. It is possible that smaller shows will do slightly better given buyers cash is not spread over so many shows, then again on the flip side some sales are bound to be lost, fans buy the show they want to watch, they don't generally pick 1 of the 3 instead of 1 of the 5 titles being released in a given week to buy.

November has the sad honour of being the first month since I started paying attention to the UK anime industry about 2.5 years ago to have a grand total of zero new releases that I am even remotely interested in. Then again, quite a few of the series over the past few years that I have been most eager to buy have also been ones that have been singled out as not performing very well. I wonder how long it will be before zero release months become the norm.

kuuderes_shadow said:
November has the sad honour of being the first month since I started paying attention to the UK anime industry about 2.5 years ago to have a grand total of zero new releases that I am even remotely interested in. Then again, quite a few of the series over the past few years that I have been most eager to buy have also been ones that have been singled out as not performing very well. I wonder how long it will be before zero release months become the norm.

No Interest in Space Dandy?

Baggie_Saiyan said:
Is UP1USA down for anyone else?

It's down for me too, which is annoying since I wanted to know if they are processing my recent orders (sigh).

Yeah, I wanted to check if my cancellations went through so I can order Godzilla from DVDWORLDUSA. Really dont wanna wait till Oct 27 for the UK release.

britguy said:
kuuderes_shadow said:

No Interest in Space Dandy?

If I were to buy every title in November in order of most to least interested, Space Dandy would be the very last thing I would buy.

I really don't know what to think of Space Dandy - I haven't seen any of it yet but pre ordered on the strength of ATA's previous packages. Someone said it was a bit like Red Dwarf, and that convinced me.

Lutga said:
I really don't know what to think of Space Dandy - I haven't seen any of it yet but pre ordered on the strength of ATA's previous packages. Someone said it was a bit like Red Dwarf, and that convinced me.

I very much advise you to try an episode before you buy. If you like its style of humour, then you'll be wanting to get it. If you don't then you'll want to stay well clear of it. From what I've seen, there's about a 50/50 chance of being in either category.
I haven't seen Red Dwarf so I wouldn't know how comparable the two are.

I'm going in blind for Space Dandy, barring images i've seen from episode screen grab and a trailer. I like Random zany cartoon comedy like Adventure Time and Regular Show so I think there's a good chance i'll enjoy this.

Baggie_Saiyan said:
Sorry to double post.

Is this the only way to get 5 cm per second on BD with Dub?

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/CWF-503

Seems rather expensive for a 60 min film, granted I have not checked Amazon JP yet but don't expect it too be much cheaper

Cheers.

The Global Edition? For now (assuming Andrew sorts out a way) yes.

Granted, the Global Edition includes English dub and subtitles for 5 Centimeters per Second in addition to including Voices of a Distant Star and She & Her Cat with English subtitles (film and short film are Standard Definition not HD) plus an English translated booklet and Makoto Shinkai Interview with subtitles.

So yeah I'd say it's worth it. Also if you do consider I suggest ordering from Amazon JP for faster delivery and Custom Pre-payment to avoid getting customed.

Back