The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

I'll shoot you a PM should I run into any difficulties if that's okay. Although looking at the prices of external BD drives it doesn't seem that much cheaper than a dedicated player tbh.

BD drives where cheaper at one point, but now for an internal one for example they are £60. The big makes of external drives seem to be OOP since the ones my friend has from Samsung is no longer sold.

BD drives where cheaper at one point, but now for an internal one for example they are £60. The big makes of external drives seem to be OOP since the ones my friend has from Samsung is no longer sold.
My internal LG was around that price, I think it still may be, but ripping may be the best choice for use on pretty much anything and to be sure that you've got past a region lock.
I would rant, but I'm just gonna say obviously ripping is a bit sketchy. Back in the video nasties era you could bootleg anything, nothing protected content, but now we have the technology that makes things easier to share there are more laws to restrict what you can share. Ripping music or video is always under scrutiny of what you're more likely to do, personal use or illegal sharing

Yeah I was quite shocked when I saw the price of an external drive (my PC case has no bays for an internal one), probably see if I can find a 2nd hand one at this point, or just go for a dedicated RF player.

YuYuYu Question

As I've now finished WaSuYu, I've got the choice between rewatching Season 1 or watching the Hidamari recap episode

Would I actually loose anything important if I watched the whole YuYuYu again? As in, does Hidamari add anything that makes it flow into Yuusha no Shou better?

YuYuYu Question

Would I actually loose anything important if I watched the whole YuYuYu again? As in, does Hidamari add anything that makes it flow into Yuusha no Shou better?
After finishing WaSuYu myself I was sort of wondering the same. I decided to at least rewatch one particular episode/scene from the first season, just to see whether it actually matches the events of WaSuYu: The scene where Yuuki and Tougou meet the bedridden Sonoko.

After that I watched the recap episode and it actually contained said scene (although slightly shorter, but otherwise unchanged). For the rest it just contained the pivotal scenes/events, narrated by Tougou, but nothing new for as far as I could tell (perhaps the very first scene).

So, no, you won't miss out on anything important if you rewatch YuYuYu instead of watching Hidamari. ;)

After finishing WaSuYu myself I was sort of wondering the same. I decided to at least rewatch one particular episode/scene from the first season, just to see whether it actually matches the events of WaSuYu: The scene where Yuuki and Tougou meet the bedridden Sonoko.

After that I watched the recap episode and it actually contained said scene (although slightly shorter, but otherwise unchanged). For the rest it just contained the pivotal scenes/events, narrated by Tougou, but nothing new for as far as I could tell (perhaps the very first scene).

So, no, you won't miss out on anything important if you rewatch YuYuYu instead of watching Hidamari. ;)

Awesome thank you! I will watch it all as I loved the series, and after WaSuYu, I think it deserves it
I have no idea how much I actually needed to spoiler this reply... oh well

Anyone know if the funinow app (specifically for iphone) is actually worth using? Just had a quick look at stuff on there, after trying various things on there without subbing as y’know, I’d like to make sure it works.
I found a few I couldn’t watch without signing up because “mature content” then I got a video up, only the advert didn’t load. I was stuck with a black screen, it made for interesting watching. Later I loaded a different video, the ad played this time! The only issue when the episode played it had no sound, I checked if the phone was on mute. No joke. It wasn’t. So basically yeah, is it like that for all? Does it improve with subscribing?

Still not working for you guys? I tweeted @AmazonHelp last night and got the stand "turn off and on again". So I have tried again with a video.
Get in on the action so they know it's not just me:
Twitter
Still not working for me, I messaged them this morning, and they said they're aware of the problem and they're working on it.

Back