The Q & A Thread (for questions that do not need a thread)

I think the key is, you've really got to make sure you're enjoying what you're watching. Or what's the pont?

Personally, I've just come out of a long period of not being especcially fussed with anime. Or ANYTHING, really. I've been overworked, which has knackered me out to the point that I haven't much felt like doing anything with my free time beyond sleep. And I actually stopped watching a couple of shows I was halfway through, because I just had this huge feeling of 'yeah, that's pretty cool, but whatever.'

I just started watching anime again with a bit more enthusiasm. Finished off Humanity Has Declined (Youtube review will happen! Short version: It's bloody brilliant!) and I'll pluck something else off the shelf tonight. For me, the big thing is, if watching anime starts to feel like a chore, it's time to give it a break. I never worry that I've grown past my love of anime, because this has happened a few times over. And every time I go back to the stuff, I'm reminded why I love it.

Wow... that was all a bit deep and soul baring, wasn't it? I dunno what's come over me!

What are Discotek like for region free Blu-rays? I noticed Barefoot Gen 1 & 2 on Deepdiscount, but it's only just come out so it's untested. I noticed the compatibility thread only mentions DVDs for Discotek though.
Also any chance it'll be released here?

What are Discotek like for region free Blu-rays? I noticed Barefoot Gen 1 & 2 on Deepdiscount, but it's only just come out so it's untested. I noticed the compatibility thread only mentions DVDs for Discotek though.
Also any chance it'll be released here?

I believe Discotek have been assked about this at conventions, and their reply has basically been that their Blu Rays are region locked at the specific request of their licensors. The multi-region shenanigans begin and end with their DVD releases, alas.

Boo. Can't even console myself with buying the manga as it seems the company who released them have recently started releasing the volumes on hardback and stopped the paperback! Volume 3 seems especially hard to find weirdly.

Boo. Can't even console myself with buying the manga as it seems the company who released them have recently started releasing the volumes on hardback and stopped the paperback! Volume 3 seems especially hard to find weirdly.

Argh! I feel your pain. If there's one thing you can rely on, it's that any lengthy manga series will have at least one insanely tricky to find / ludicrously overpriced volume. It's EXACTLY that kind f thing that's deterred me fromchecking out things like Berserk and Battle Angel Alita.

It's EXACTLY that kind f thing that's deterred me fromchecking out things like Berserk and Battle Angel Alita.
Well good news on the latter at least, as it’s currently being re-released in both print and digital (Comixology) by Kodansha.

Well good news on the latter at least, as it’s currently being re-released in both print and digital (Comixology) by Kodansha.
Looking at Wordery it's a hardback deluxe for the original series. There is Last Order in paperback omnibus editions and a new series called Mars Chronicle coming next year.

Just wondering, if you had a broken case like this, would you go as far as asking for a replacement case or just do this:

(Pin holding the middle trey in broke, holding it using the leaflet holder)

(Just generally interested what people usually do)

image.jpeg

Just wondering, if you had a broken case like this, would you go as far as asking for a replacement case or just do this:

(Pin holding the middle trey in broke, holding it using the leaflet holder)

(Just generally interested what people usually do)

I don't hold broken keepcases against distributors or retailers. If one arrives broken, I just replace it myself.

If it's obviously been damaged in the post then I'll complain to whoever I bought it off, but if it's not obvious where the damage occured I generally just replace them myself, especially if it's just a standard case.

Does anyone know if the new BD of Kite is genuinely uncut? The top review (one of only two that actually refer to this particular release, thanks a lot Amazon) seems to suggest it isn't, and I can find almost no information on it anywhere, even ANN doesn't seem to have it listed or have mentioned it's release at all.

Does anyone know if the new BD of Kite is genuinely uncut?

DVD
Box runtime: 60
Disk runtime: 53:06

Bluray
Box runtime: 50
Disk Runtime: 51.24 (Note, some of this includes message quoted)

Fakku
Episode 1: 27:06
Episode 2: 26.05

(Note: I don't have a copy of the Directors Cut so unable to confirm runtime or what the cut was. but I can assume....)

Bluray seems Uncut with the following comment at the start of the film

"Please Note:
In an effort to provide the viewer with the best high definition restoration of kite, some imperfections and content differences exist due to the condition of the original film and video elements"

Hope that helps

Is there any anime that looks as good as Made In Abyss, but without the gory bits?

The Ancient Magus Bride and Laputa Castle in the sky are the only ones I can think of
Thanks. Been watching the former on CR and enjoying it (up to episode 3 so far), and seen the latter on Film4 a few times. Great suggestions. :)

Girls Last Tour
That's my favorite anime from Autumn 2017 :D. I liked it so much I decided to get the first 2 volumes of the manga and plan to buy it when MVM release it on Blu-ray. I actually got into watching it when I was first looking for something new to watch on HIDIVE when gave up watching Made in Abyss. Very glad I did.

does anyone know if Amazon have, or are still moving series from strike to regular video? I'm just wondering how long it's taking them don't see much of what strike had so far

Back