The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Already 20 shows are affected - that's way more than 1/5.
And as most shows had their first episodes finished before the start of the new season, the number will most likely increase even further.

Already 20 shows are affected - that's way more than 1/5.

The only anime from this season that have been postponed after already starting are:
IDOLiSH7
Houkago Teibou Nisshi
Fugou Keiji
Appare-Ranman
Shokugeki no Souma
Bungou to Alchemist
Digimon Adventure

That's 7 out of 46.

If you add ongoing ones from previous season it's 12 out of 74 overall.

The other delayed stuff are things that hadn't actually aired, and there's 28 things listed on MAL's thread.

The only anime from this season that have been postponed after already starting are:
IDOLiSH7
Houkago Teibou Nisshi
Fugou Keiji
Appare-Ranman
Shokugeki no Souma
Bungou to Alchemist
Digimon Adventure

That's 7 out of 46.

The other delayed stuff are things that hadn't actually aired, and there's 28 things listed on MAL's thread.
I don't see why you're debating this. In terms of TV anime there's 19 delays which is already pretty high and I see no point in specifying the difference between anime that got delayed before or after airing. In the end they both got delayed and we'll be seeing more of this in the coming weeks.

I just got told I was wrong when I wasn't, and felt the need to demonstrate that I wasn't. That's all.

And personally I do see a difference between stuff that was postponed in advance and stuff that was postponed during the airing - the latter means that people started watching only for them to then have to wait ages for a continuation, whereas for the former it may as well have just been scheduled later to begin with.

I just got told I was wrong when I wasn't, and felt the need to demonstrate that I wasn't. That's all.

And personally I do see a difference between stuff that was postponed in advance and stuff that was postponed during the airing - the latter means that people started watching only for them to then have to wait ages for a continuation, whereas for the former it may as well have just been scheduled later to begin with.
I mean sure that will affect people but it did seem like you were pointing out that difference to enforce your view that not many series have been delayed. Sorry if there was a misunderstanding

The total number of 74 also includes shorts and iirc also series not airing weekly. It also includes several shows that most likely never hit the west (not officially nor fansubbed)

MAL ommits Detective Conan TV in their list - maybe as they haven't officially blamed Corona for the hiatus - and with the other 7 series delayed before airing that makes 20.

Anyone who can follow it raw without understanding Japanese probably already owns the movies!

I can't follow 3 even WITH subs! I've only seen it once though...

No captions (subs). Japanese only.
Balls. 😬

Still, I'm gonna (re)watch them anyway. They're the cinema versions of the films rather than the home video versions. I've seen 3.0 twice already but 2.0 only once — all the way back in 2011.

Technically I've never seen 1.0 at all! 😯
The closest I've seen is 1.01.

These numbers are gonna get confusing. Just wait until the home version of the last of the four films. Evangelion 3.33+1.11 anyone? 😅

I can't follow 3 even WITH subs!
Yes. No bloody wonder.

You are (not) alone in that. 😛

I love 3 so much at this point it’s worth the boring 1.11 and bizarre changes in 2.22. I also like Mari more than I used to as I can tell she will be important.
The problem with 3 is I can’t say the rebuilds are for newcomers.

It seems Gits has not a got dub yet it says “pending” on languages and a pop up saying safety is paramount so seems it couldn’t be completed prior to COVID
☹️ Wonder why they released the dub trailer if it wasn't complete and ready to go. Certainly it was released (well the tweet NG posted was) after Funimation announced they had postponed dubbing for the time being. So they must have known it wouldn't be ready.
Well that frees up some time. Maybe I could watch the entire franchise in Japanese, probably be done before this is all over and work resumes!

Back