The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

According to the latest BBFC "minutes" brief, Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid will be cut by the BBFC. The specific language used about cuts necessary throughout suggests it could be quite heavily. :oops:
Never finished watching it, had no intention of buying it, and I now plan on importing the US release as a point of principle. Great job BBFC. Take your pointless censorship and shove it.

It’s also released years ago, I know loads of people who imported so it wouldn’t do well even if not censored but censored yeah hope it don’t get released now as it will never sell

Well I think its not gonna get a release at all. Because people can import the uncut version i think silly to cut it pay to print the cut discs and sell it. Its not gonna get licensed here i think

Well I think its not gonna get a release at all. Because people can import the uncut version i think silly to cut it pay to print the cut discs and sell it. Its not gonna get licensed here i think

Is it also available to stream? If so, you can see the series online with all the censored bits still in.

For someone to go through the cost of putting it through the BBFC, I'd like to think the licence was already secure. However, I do think it'll be ditched, no one is going to want to watch a show that's been cut to ribbons like that.

You would have to print your own discs you can’t use FUNis. And it’s censored people will import and it’s been out 18 months anyway. So yeah I don’t think it’s getting a release

Wait, since when was Valkyrie Drive: Mermaid getting a UK release? (not that it matters to me since I bought the US BD release last year). Because I was under the impression a show like that would never get released over here. Makes me wonder if shows like Testament Of Sister New Devil is the limit of what the BBFC can take, cause there is some pretty almost hentai level stuff in the mini OAV episodes of VD:M

This BBFC news is what revealed someone planned to release it. And it was the ages of the characters that got it censored not the content. If the ages in Testament are fine it should be okay, I mean AL are already releasing it so it should have been BBFC'd fine

Haven't seen it mentioned here before that Third Window Films will be releasing a new restoration of Macoto 'son of Osamu' Tezuka's 1985 film The Legend of the Stardust Brothers in early 2019

Does anyone know if the Aus release was uncut?

Either way, I'm really surprised someone actually bothered with this title. I would love to know who thought that was such a good idea because I can't imagine it would be MVM/AL/Manga

Does anyone know if the Aus release was uncut?

Either way, I'm really surprised someone actually bothered with this title. I would love to know who thought that was such a good idea because I can't imagine it would be MVM/AL/Manga

DVD only might have been MVM using AU assets, but that was before they announced they were moving away from DVD as a format.

Back