The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

As someone who cares primarily about streaming first over home video, this is a disappointment. I fully supported the FuniXCR cooperation and am annoyed that their being absorbed by larger media companies has caused the end of this.

I cross my fingers that this doesn't cause a huge bidding war again for exclusives. It has been frustrating enough during the time of the team-up with the likes of Amazon and Netflix paying more and Sentai starting up their own service.

I think sentai and CR will partner again as CR x FUNi is what made sentai go on its own. FUNi we still dont really know which of the shows outside AoT and MHA they get each season till a HV Boxart appears and tells us. So for me all shows I watch could be CR only we will see in Nov and next season. As I assume FT is FUNi but I doubt CR will lose it now.

I think sentai and CR will partner again as CR x FUNi is what made sentai go on its own. FUNi we still dont really know which of the shows outside AoT and MHA they get each season till a HV Boxart appears and tells us. So for me all shows I watch could be CR only we will see in Nov and next season. As I assume FT is FUNi but I doubt CR will lose it now.
Fairy Tail has always been available on both Funi and Crunchyroll

It's not all that bad. You could just use a different video website that has no video access restrictions (even if a show is region locked and is simulcasted on FunimationNow, Crunchyroll or HIDIVE).
It certainly isn't very hard to bypass online region locking, but the convenience of Crunchyroll licensing so many titles worldwide ex. Asia is that they're conveniently available on all their apps. I mainly use my PS4 for watching anime, and now there will (probably) be more shows that I'll have to hook up my laptop for.

It certainly isn't very hard to bypass online region locking, but the convenience of Crunchyroll licensing so many titles worldwide ex. Asia is that they're conveniently available on all their apps. I mainly use my PS4 for watching anime, and now there will (probably) be more shows that I'll have to hook up my laptop for.
Some vpns also provide a dns service. These dns services will usually allow you to change location like a vpn, this doesn't work with everything but it will allow you to access US Crunchyroll on a console. Doesn't seem to work on the Xbox One app anymore, but that app is borderline unusable anyway.

......"Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks?" ..... ? Well, that's... a unique name, if nothing else. No need to see if it's already copyrighted!

Back