The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

This could well be good news for the home video front, but not for the streaming I currently have Netflix, Amazon, Hidive and Crunchyroll, now I'm going to have to add Funimation to that as well.

Sounds like everything during the partnership is staying FUNi so Franxx and stuff but I may have read it wrong
We still don't know for sure for Franxx Home video rights since Aniplex Japan is holding those rights and maybe for the internationnal too, Streaming rights where not handled by Aniplex, thus why FunimationXcrunchyroll get that title.
It might be a Kiznaiver case all over again expet Funi is remplacing CR for Franxx.

We still don't know for sure for Franxx Home video rights since Aniplex Japan is holding those rights and maybe for the internationnal too, Streaming rights where not handled by Aniplex, thus why FunimationXcrunchyroll get that title.
It might be a Kiznaiver case all over again expet Funi is remplacing CR for Franxx.
Maby problemen not. Cos off the dub is from fundi

This is excellent news, the entire Crunchyroll x Funimation deal was a complete joke.

With Crunchyroll hopefully now partnering up with Sentai FILMWORKS this could be a huge benefit to all distributors in the UK and Australia in terms of easier access to home video rights. Hopefully Anime Ltd, MVM and Manga/Animatsu can bag some of the big shows that we have been missing out on, considering the relationship that the UK distrutors have with Sentai. This new deal will also benefit the UK & Australian distributors in terms of disc sharing especially when it comes to disc authoring and licensing costs.

This could well be good news for the home video front, but not for the streaming I currently have Netflix, Amazon, Hidive and Crunchyroll, now I'm going to have to add Funimation to that as well.
Yeah, I was just about to get rid of Funimation as most of the backlog that isn't on Crunchyroll is nearly done and so are the shows I was watching dubbed because that's was how I had watched previous series (ie Steins;Gate and Free!)
Now I'm guessing to keep up with the current shows each season legally I will have to keep it :-(

Back