The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Oh christ. We have to go through that again?

Nothing against the show, but I'm not sure I can deal with it's fanbase for 12 more weeks. They completely ruined season 1 for me. I only saw episode 1, but I'm reasonably sure I already know the best of the rest of the jokes, because people got ridiculously overexcited and couldn't keep their traps shut.

Let's hope they learn self-restraint in time for season 2...
Well you don't havvee to listen to all the opm fanbase unless there are people that you knew irl that hyped it up loads.

I didn't watch One Punch Man until it had finished if I remember right and I didn't have it spoiled for me, then again I only really use this site and y'all are a lovely bunch (well.....most of the time :p ).

Anyway, I'm pretty hype for another season.

Last edited:
IRL, on Twitter, on the forum.

It's like the freaking Walking Dead, you can't escape One-Punch Man fans (One-Punch Fans?) without mass-homicide.
Honestly I did a pretty good job at avoiding them somehow. I initially dropped the show at episode 4 because the video was late at the time but I'm glad I watched the rest at anime club.

I'm honestly suprised OPM is getting a season 2 this quickly. Usualy they have to go though like a bazillion hoops (not to mention let enough manga happen) to get a season 2 (and not just a Cour 2 of something) going.

Better to strike while the iron's hot I suppose - there's clearly demand for it. There are four volumes of the manga out in Japan beyond what the first season covered, and there'll probably be at least two or three more by the time the show airs - matching the first season's 7 volumes adapted. So fingers crossed, it should be OK.

Of course, it might all end up like Tokyo Ghoul Root A...

My point is usually they spend like a small eternity between seasons on hot ticket items like AoT et all (presumably to ensure a 26 episode two cour show over a more quickly produced 1 cour show that only needs half the chapters and to ensure every last person in Japan is happy with it it feels)

When asked recently on twitter about the possibility of a third season for GitS: SAC, Kenji Kamiyama replied:

"I want to report a new in the near future may. Can looking forward to it?"

Some people are interpreting this as a hint that more SAC anime is on the cards, but clearly nothing concrete yet.

Some people are interpreting this as a hint that more SAC anime is on the cards, but clearly nothing concrete yet.

What I wouldn't give for some fresh SAC!

I have to wonder, though - the landscape has changed an awful lot since the secnd season of that show wrapped. Especially when it comes to dubs. Stand Alone Complex would lose a lot if it came back without Mary McGlynn, Richard Epcar and Crispin Freeman. As well as all the other Bang Zoom! regulars who worked on it. I'm not sure of half the cast are even DOING any voice work in anime now.

What I wouldn't give for some fresh SAC!

I have to wonder, though - the landscape has changed an awful lot since the secnd season of that show wrapped. Especially when it comes to dubs. Stand Alone Complex would lose a lot if it came back without Mary McGlynn, Richard Epcar and Crispin Freeman. As well as all the other Bang Zoom! regulars who worked on it. I'm not sure of half the cast are even DOING any voice work in anime now.

The VA's you've listed are all still active (McGlynn even had a role in Arise)...

The VA's you've listed are all still active (McGlynn even had a role in Arise)...

Yeah, I know. My question is more how easy it would be to get them back to reprise their roles. Mary McGlynn showing up in Arise doesn't really seem liek something you can read too much into... I mean, I'm not seeing her crop up in many other Funimation dubs.

(That said, I had a real 'spit coffee everywhere mid mouthful' moment recentlywhen Richard Epcar showed up in Michiko & Hatchin.)

Since Bandai shut up shop in 2013, Bang Zoom! have been a lot less active in dubbing anime, and I know that sme of their classic rostr of VAs - the guys and gals you used to hear on EVERYTHING - aren't working as much. There are even some notable voices that we just don't hear anywhere near as much. Remember how Steve Blum used to be everywhere? I have it from the man himself that he's not in anime like he used to be.

My point is really just that the landscape has changed. I'd like to think the powers that be could 'get the band back together' for any new SAC. But I guess at this stage, worrying about it too much amounts to clutching at clouds in the sky.

Would love it if it happened, though!

Back