The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

I thought some scenes looked pretty good, but the "what are you" scene looks pretty cheesy. I'm still holding a reserved opinion since I haven't found a live action adaption that I've liked yet.

I need a proper trailer before I decide to watch it. Manga have also stated that they were looking to re-release the original film back into Cinema's the same way they did with Akira.

First teaser trailers for live-action GitS. You know, it actually looks quite decent.

Ghost In The Shell - YouTube

It's always impossible to judge these things from a minute's worth of edited footage, but that looks pretty good, in my opinion. I like the approximation of the original movie's title logo (the lettering and typography nerd part of my bran notices these things.)

HOWEVER - there's some worrying stuff there as well. Aramaki firing a gun? The context of that scene will determine a lot. But it feels wrong. Similarly, shaking, apprehensive Motoko? Also feels wrong.

I will admit, though - I got a positive feeling from that shot which obviously mimics the opening shot of Oshii's movie. Fingers crossed! I would VERY much like to go and see this in a cinema and come out without feeling like it sucked.

Last edited:
Yeah, based on the teasers I'm feeling better about the film, but I won't judge a live action adaptation of a previously non-live action property before I see it...

Yeah, based on the teasers I'm feeling better about the film, but I won't judge a live action adaptation of a previously non-live action property before I see it...
I, conversely, adhere to no such principle!

ejNJ4J5.jpg" width="400px

Contrary to what we previously thought, Jerome confirmed to me via Twitter that we are getting a complete Series 16 of Bleach at some point.
That's good to know, not sure if I'll bother picking it up at this point but it's nice to have the option should I decide against the BDs.

First teaser trailers for live-action GitS. You know, it actually looks quite decent.

Ghost In The Shell - YouTube
Every time I see something new in relation to this I become a little more optimistic. I mean, I was never on the "You shouldn't be making this!!" side and have always been pretty open to the idea, but I never thought it would actually be good....I really want this to be good though ;_;

I wonder if they'll sell it outside the event.
Unsure, Shaft have put out a couple of the previous comiket "exclusive" releases for standard retail a little down the line. But at 4 minutes, I imagine it'll end up as an extra on whatever the next Madoka project is.

If you're utterly mad, there's a couple of pricey copies of it and the exhibition book for sale on eBay. I picked one up as the exhibit looked pretty cool...

Unsure, Shaft have put out a couple of the previous comiket "exclusive" releases for standard retail a little down the line. But at 4 minutes, I imagine it'll end up as an extra on whatever the next Madoka project is.

If you're utterly mad, there's a couple of pricey copies of it and the exhibition book for sale on eBay. I picked one up as the exhibit looked pretty cool...

Could I get a link?

You can't put a price on art maaaaaaan.

But you're right, the price is totally irresponsible. When my copy turns up I'd be happy to share the contents for those wanting to see them, to save you some cash.

Oh christ. We have to go through that again?

Nothing against the show, but I'm not sure I can deal with it's fanbase for 12 more weeks. They completely ruined season 1 for me. I only saw episode 1, but I'm reasonably sure I already know the best of the rest of the jokes, because people got ridiculously overexcited and couldn't keep their traps shut.

Let's hope they learn self-restraint in time for season 2...

Back