The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

White Fox will be animating the new anime adaptation of Peace Maker Kurogane. The new anime is due at some point in the future. White Fox is known for animating Akame ga Kill!, The Devil is a Part-Timer!, Re:ZERO, Steins;Gate and Utawarerumono: The False Faces.

d5026652af48ea3dfeea5664f574de991473878373_full.jpg

Studio GONZO animated the first adaptation back in 2003/2004 which was then picked up by ADV Films and Funimation.
Happy news. The first adaption is one of my fave animes.

Would be nice if someone licensed the manga. Tokyopop licensed Peace Maker as I had the first 6 volumes but they never finished it.

Sweet, shame I can't finish watching the rest of the first season on CR anymore.

Can I just take this opportunity to recommend My Little Monster to everyone. Maybe if the CR viewings get high enough a new series will be commissioned. It's heart breaking, heartening, relateable, hilarious, unique. The best anime since 2005.

I never got into the Eccentric Family before it left Crunchyroll (I didn't like the first episode but had wanted to give it another shot), so it's unlikely I'll dip into the second if the first doesn't come back.

ANN is reporting that Crunchyroll will be streaming the I've Always Liked You movie in October, it's based on HoneyWorks songs. This comes thanks to Aniplex. I'll definitely be giving it a watch, if nothing else to support CR's move to get more movies but also, more importantly, because I really like HoneyWorks.

Recently finished Eccentric Family & after a bit of a shaky start I ended up loving it, the character of Benten has to be one of the most interesting I've had the pleasure of watching & I hope the second season expands on her.
Hopefully CR can get the rights back..

Hoping that Deadly Sin's Anime is a full cour or two adaption.

Personally wasn't the biggest fan of the Eccentric Family - it felt a little too highbrow, even for me, but I can see the appeal of it - and it definitely is a real trailblazer for something completely different from 99% of the shows that come out every season.

Interesting to hear your take. It's been a while since I've watched it (I think I got over half way through), but I didn't get that vibe at all. It didn't feel particularly high brow or trailblazing, just good warm hearted family fun really, albeit definitely with a bit of emotional depth and feeling to set it apart.

And I don't say it wasn't high brow as an insult to the show, as pretentious shows (*cough* Flowers of Evil *cough*) don't usually tickle my fancy.

I very much enjoyed The Eccentric Family/Uchouten Kazoku, I can't say I expected a second season but I'd be up for it (hopefully it'd be at least as good as the original). It's kind of an odd show but I liked the examination of a fairly non-standard culture and I particularly liked the family/character elements as well.

Can I just take this opportunity to recommend My Little Monster to everyone. Maybe if the CR viewings get high enough a new series will be commissioned. It's heart breaking, heartening, relateable, hilarious, unique. The best anime since 2005.
My Little Monster/Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, really is a great show. I don't think it'd be likely to get a second season at this point but I'd have considered a second season of Eccentric Family even less likely so I suppose you never know.

I don't have faith and any of these projects that revolve around meddling with old beloved Gainax works, from the sequel to FLCL to this and Blue Uru. It's time to stop.

I don't have faith and any of these projects that revolve around meddling with old beloved Gainax works, from the sequel to FLCL to this and Blue Uru. It's time to stop.
I can't quite sum up how I feel about this stuff, but I think you're probably on the money here.

I realise it can't make the originals retroactively worse, and it may even generate interest in the original. But I'm not sure if I can cope with the idea of a continued continuity to something that ended so well. Even if against all odds it's good, I can't see them recapturing the magic of that era. Possible I'm just being selfish though.

Back