The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

It's possibly worth noting that the Spice and Wolf Novel Collection is $150 for a book that contains 17 books worth of content, which isn't quite so bad really (the individual releases would probably add up to a similar amount).

At least, that's what it seems to be. I'm not sure if I'd want a book that large, though I suppose it'd be something interesting that could potentially make for a nice display.

Last edited:
At least, that's what it seems to be. I'm not sure if I'd want a book that large, though I suppose it'd be something interesting that could potentially make for a nice display.
Yeah, this seems like a book that's not really designed to actually be read, just sit in a collection and look nice. I'm almost tempted to drop the $150 for a copy myself, since I love Spice & Wolf and I've only read the first 3 volumes of the novels... but I typically do most of my reading of LNs/Manga in my bed for an hour or so before I go to sleep, and a big 17 volume tome isn't really conducive to that style of reading... I think the dinner table is the only place in the house I could reasonably read it comfortably.

It's possibly worth noting that the Spice and Wolf Novel Collection is $150 for a book that contains 17 books worth of content, which isn't quite so bad really (the individual releases would probably add up to a similar amount).

]I'm almost tempted to drop the $150 for a copy myself, since I love Spice & Wolf and I've only read the first 3 volumes of the novels.]QUOTE]

You don't need to put down $150, because UP1 has it for £70 ($92)... well... it's still expensive... but if Spice and Wolf economics taught me anything, it's that a saving is a saving!

Looks like the lineup for Scotland Loves Anime is up, or at least Glasgow. Link to UKA article

Friday, 14th October
23:00 - Belladonna of Sadness

Saturday, 15th October
13:40 - Momotaro, Sacred Sailors (plus The Spider and the Tulip short)
16:15 - Pigtails
20:20 - Kizumonogatari: Parts 1 and 2

Sunday, 16th October
12:15 - Anthem of the Heart
15:00 - Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV
17:30 - Mystery Film

And now Edinburgh has been added to the UKA article...

Monday, 17th October
The Place Promised in Our Early Days

Tuesday, 18th October
The Garden of Words
Voices of a Distant Star

Wednesday, 19th October
Belladonna of Sadness

Thursday, 20th October
Princess Arete

Friday, 21st October
Accel World: Infinite Burst
Kizumonogatari: Parts 1 and 2
Harmony
Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV

Saturday, 22nd October
A Silent Voice
Momotaro, Sacred Sailors
Your Name.
Redline

Sunday, 23rd October
Girls und Panzer der Film
Pigtails (with director Q&A)
Persona 3 the Movie 1: Spring of Birth
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time

Lol, I booked the wrong week off work (booked final week of Oct for SLA instead of Edinburgh weekend), what a complete doughnut. Luckily I hadn't booked accommodation. No chance work will move it around, sigh.

Edinburgh looks killer good! Not only is GUP, Your Name & Kizu there but A Silent Voice, such a good line-up.

Yeah Edinburgh looks pretty great, I'm very curious to see how Belladonna of Sadness and Momotaro, Sacred Sailors do in terms of ticket sales.

I'll probably pop into Edinburgh for Harmony, Kingsglaive, Your Name, Redline, Pigtails and I'd love to see The Girl Who Leapt Through Time on the big screen as I love that movie a lot. Maybe a few others, don't know a whole lot about some of them so some research may be needed.

So uhh next year do you reckon they'll show kizumonogatari 1, 2 and 3? For this year just going a bit smaller scale for anime cinema viewing with going to see akira in a pretty close showcase cinema but if I have a job next year then going for a weekend would net me a lot of anime films I wouldn't necessarily be able to see otherwise.

Another demi-human/monster girl type series is getting an anime adaptation.

CrbJWY2VUAArwsS.jpg

Interviews with Monster Girls (Demi-chan wa Kataritai Comedy)
Monsters of legend walk among us, going by the name “demi-humans.” Ever since he's discovered the “demis,” one young man has become obsessed with them. So when he gets a job as a teacher at a high school for demi-girls, it's a dream come true! But these demis, who include a rambunctious vampire, a bashful headless girl, and a succubus, have all the problems normal teenagers have, on top of their supernatural conditions. How to handle a classroom full of them?!
Kodansha Comics have the license to the manga and will be releasing Volume 1 this November.

White Fox will be animating the new anime adaptation of Peace Maker Kurogane. The new anime is due at some point in the future. White Fox is known for animating Akame ga Kill!, The Devil is a Part-Timer!, Re:ZERO, Steins;Gate and Utawarerumono: The False Faces.

d5026652af48ea3dfeea5664f574de991473878373_full.jpg

Studio GONZO animated the first adaptation back in 2003/2004 which was then picked up by ADV Films and Funimation.

Back