The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Siren Visual in Australia has acquired the anime version of Monster.

They will release the 74 episode series in five volumes beginning from November 2013 on DVD. While there will not be a bilingual Blu-ray release as there are no HD masters available, the DVD will come complete with English dub, English subtitles and original Japanese soundtrack.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com.au/news ... es-monster

animefreak17 said:
HdE said:
Monster? Finally obtainable at last???

[Happy dancing ensues.]

i was doing this
http://youtu.be/GfPg5LjGYz8
lol that is awesome,kinda felt like doing that wee comedy dance also,that clip alone has cheered me right up but to finally have Monster on dvd really has made my day,i still have the first box set viz released years ago staring at me every time i look at my collection and it always annoyed the hell out out of me that they did not release the whole series.

You can bet that some will be annoyed there's no blu-ray and even I'm wondering why they felt the need to spread it across 5 sets rather then 2 or 3.

we should be grateful that its getting a release, i haven't seen monster maybe the series has lil arc,s for each boxset or maybe there trying to milk more money out of us

SnowWolf said:
You can bet that some will be annoyed there's no blu-ray and even I'm wondering why they felt the need to spread it across 5 sets rather then 2 or 3.
There is no doubt the Blu-Ray brigade will moan about it,but the rest of us are just grateful we will finally get to own a domestic release of one of the finest anime series ever made,but spreading it over five sets is strange,that works out about fifteen episodes per set.

Monster is something I've been curious to check out, glad the complete series will be released somewhere in the world! A UK release would be very interesting.

As for Blu-ray, in this case it's a digitally animated series from the early to mid noughties, so chances are it wasn't animated in HD anyway, a blu-ray wouldn't exactly make much difference :p It's great for older stuff shot on film, and new digital stuff that's in HD, but that curious period of early digital animation doesn't require Blu-ray.

Ath said:
Monster is something I've been curious to check out, glad the complete series will be released somewhere in the world! A UK release would be very interesting.

As for Blu-ray, in this case it's a digitally animated series from the early to mid noughties, so chances are it wasn't animated in HD anyway, a blu-ray wouldn't exactly make much difference :p It's great for older stuff shot on film, and new digital stuff that's in HD, but that curious period of early digital animation doesn't require Blu-ray.
I would say there is a good chance of a UK release at some point especially if the Guillermo del Toro tv adapation for HBO gets the green light it will no doubt gain more attention from the non anime fan base thus creating more fans and create more of a buzz and demand for a release of the anime,same goes for viz in the stateside.

That show sounds good, never knew what it was about.

Also when I clicked on that ANN link, it has Kids On The Slope all over it. You think that's worth a watch? I fear I may have to add it to my backlog of anime I purchase :p

-Danielle- said:
That show sounds good, never knew what it was about.

Also when I clicked on that ANN link, it has Kids On The Slope all over it. You think that's worth a watch? I fear I may have to add it to my backlog of anime I purchase :p
I watched most of it when it was airing, and I would say yes, do it! I know I'm excited for it.

In Funi release dates:
Eureka Seven AO's release has been moved to the 15th of October.
Michiko and Hatchin will be released on DVD/BD on the 17th of September, something else I have interest in watching.

Well after the last chapter needless really does seem to be nearly done heh

its one of the manga I wish had a western release though, along with to love ru and sora no otoshinono

Awesome news RE Monster =D

Also, don't know if anyone's posted this, but I've just seen Amazon list Bakuman 2 for a release on the 22nd July. Awfully quick after series one, considering the time 1 took to get here. I won't be picking it up (I didn't feel it was as strong as S1) but gives me hope we'll see the whole series released, still need to see 3.

Ath said:

It doesn't require it, but large blocks of color do naturally upscale quite well, and it can still benefit from enhanced color fidelity.

Back