The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

I'd be totally happy importing that if only they finish releasing the damned thing. Stupid Viz. I don't understand how they could make enough on Nana and Honey & Clover yet not Monster?

I know it's early days, but it's safe to say I'm significantly underwhelmed by Daisuki so far. Geoblocking right from the start was already giving me a warning sign. The few videos that are available, don't seem to work on Google Chrome! I actually have to open them in Internet Explorer! :p Even then, the video quality was very disappointing.

Anyway, there's definitely a lot of work to do if they even want to compete with the likes of Crunchyroll. I want it to improve though, as more options are always welcome.

Funimation's August releases:

Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail OVA (DVD/Blu-ray) - 6/8
Haganai: Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai (DVD/Blu-ray) - 6/8
Eureka Seven AO - Part 1 (DVD/Blu-ray)
Future Diary - Part 1 (DVD ONLY) - 13/8
Fairy Tail - Part 6 (DVD/Blu-ray) - 20/8
High School DxD (DVD/Blu-ray) - 20/8
Guilty Crown Part 1 (DVD/Blu-ray) - 27/8
Guilty Crown Part 2 (DVD/Blu-ray) - 27/8

August is going to be a very good month for me, I've been waiting a while for a few of them.
I will 100% be importing Black Lagoon, Haganai and both parts of Guilty Crown. Astral Ocean is a maybe since I've only seen 9 episodes of E7.
Future Diary being DVD only pretty much makes it a no buy from me. This isn't a surprise at all though with the way Kadowa are and all.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Funi is ALIVE!

...and the only one I really want is DVD-only ;_;
Funi you say that (GEDDIT, HAHAHAHA I'M SO FUNI).
I thought I was the only one who thought their output as of late has only really been old/naff shows or new collections.
Hopefully their releases won't be crippled like Sentai's, although I am expecting Guilty Crown to be sub locked.

Wow, yeah, that blows. Would actually have bought Mirai Nikki with a BD release.

Daisuki... I'm not sure about. I can watch CR and Funi's geoblocked stuff fine and I still can't see the Madoka episodes on there, so I wonder if they are even up and running properly yet.

Mangaranga said:

KADOKAWA!!!! (shakes fist)

Ahem...Hoping Kaze can wing a BD of Future Diary out of em for us, maybe for the winter. Though I shudder to think what they'll do to the disc authoring. I actually am curious to see if the BBFC will have a problem with one of the later scenes in Future Diary but we'll get to that when it comes I guess. I still need to pick up the Funi Black Lagoon set on BD, maybe i'll see if UP1 have it at London Expo.

Guilty Crown is hilarious but gorgeous yet I'm in no particular rush to buy it. I'll grab MangaUK's BD release of it at some point down the line. I genuinely liked Eureka Seven AO so I'll also get the UK BD of that when it comes.

Let's not forget the Engrish in Daisuki too:
The winners will be contacted by e-mail separately which will take the place of an announcement of the prize winners.

Also, what videos (if any) can UK viewers actually watch?

With FUNimation - FINALLY some news on HighSchool DxD! I do hope whoever gets Future Diary here can abuse our Region B position.

Ath said:
Guilty Crown is hilarious but gorgeous yet I'm in no particular rush to buy it. I'll grab MangaUK's BD release of it at some point down the line. I genuinely liked Eureka Seven AO so I'll also get the UK BD of that when it comes.
I only really get UK BDs of bad shows or shows I don't care about, for example I'll probably get the MangaUK Blood C BD.
At least then I don't have to wait or suffer any issues they somehow add in.
Joshawott said:
I do hope whoever gets Future Diary here can abuse our Region B position.
Let's just hope it's not Kaze... Maybe Manga can do a Deadman Wonderland with it?

Just Passing Through said:
EDIT: Saw the ANN article and realised that I was not seeing
Lupin III: Part II
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Sword Art Online

The cockblocking has already begun :(
And any interest I had is gone.

ilmaestro said:
Ath said:
I actually am curious to see if the BBFC will have a problem with one of the later scenes in Future Diary
Which one?
Episode 23, When Yuno and Yukiteru have sex. They're still 14-15 and it doesn't hold back much so I'm curious to see if the BBFC invoke the Protection of Children act.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mangaranga said:

August is going to be a very good month for me, I've been waiting a while for a few of them.
I will 100% be importing Black Lagoon, Haganai and both parts of Guilty Crown. Astral Ocean is a maybe since I've only seen 9 episodes of E7.
Future Diary being DVD only pretty much makes it a no buy from me. This isn't a surprise at all though with the way Kadowa are and all.

Ah at last Haganai is being released, seems like an age since I watched that on Funi's Youtube

Why am I not surprised that Funi have been forced to DvD only the other release I was waiting for. Reminds me of when they did that survey and asked if we would buy DvD only stuff, I made it clear while I did it for one title if it became regular I'd be waiting, guess I'm waiting then.

RACS is listing Mirai Nikki as a combo pack, so while he might be completely wrong it is possible there is still some discussion about the spec. All of these cases where there's obvious doubt about DVD-only just make me hold back on buying until the BD-only set slinks out later now :/

I wonder why Funi decided to put an entire year's worth of solicitations in one month. I shall be buying some.

R

Rui said:
RACS is listing Mirai Nikki as a combo pack, so while he might be completely wrong it is possible there is still some discussion about the spec. All of these cases where there's obvious doubt about DVD-only just make me hold back on buying until the BD-only set slinks out later now :/

I wonder why Funi decided to put an entire year's worth of solicitations in one month. I shall be buying some.

R

look at it this way, at least we can get our hands on them more quicker

Might just be something minor, but I noticed Funi are asking $20 more than usual for the LE Part 1 of Guilty Crown, non LE is not affected.
Maybe they are planning something or just have to charge more, I don't really care either way. The idea of an artbook or something like that would be nice.

EDIT1: From Mania
Guilty Crown, Part 1 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo LE) - 250 minutes - $89.98 - 8/27/13
- Preliminary info (subjected to change): Art Booklets
YES

EDIT2: If anyone wants the LE Katanagatari sets then you'd better order now.
http://www.mania.com/aodvb/showthread.p ... 39&page=18

EDIT3: The US release date of From Up on Poppy Hill is the 3rd September.

EDIT4: There appears to be some confusion about Eureka Seven AO already - A Youtube video by Funi states that it will be available on the 15th of October, unless they are talking about part 2.

Ath said:
ilmaestro said:
Ath said:
I actually am curious to see if the BBFC will have a problem with one of the later scenes in Future Diary
Which one?
Episode 23, When Yuno and Yukiteru have sex. They're still 14-15 and it doesn't hold back much so I'm curious to see if the BBFC invoke the Protection of Children act.
They won't need to invoke that act when the video recordings act works for stuff like that too.

Ath said:
ilmaestro said:
Ath said:
Which one?
Ah, maybe. I want to say that the fact I didn't immediately think of it makes me believe they won't have a problem, but I'd have to go back and check if I was just mentally shutting it out for some reason...

Back