The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Since noone seems to have picked up on this yet i may as well fire it out. It looks lie BlazBlue has been confirmed to get an anime adaptation as of last night. Quite fitting considering that arc systems are about to celebrated it's 25th anniversary soon as well.

For a bit more on it, here's Siliconeras article on it

Arbalest said:
Since noone seems to have picked up on this yet i may as well fire it out. It looks lie BlazBlue has been confirmed to get an anime adaptation as of last night. Quite fitting considering that arc systems are about to celebrated it's 25th anniversary soon as well.

For a bit more on it, here's Siliconeras article on it
Looking forward to it, might need to replay Calamity Trigger (and get started on the two Continuum Shift games) in advance of this coming out. :)

VoxPhantom said:
Looking forward to it, might need to replay Calamity Trigger (and get started on the two Continuum Shift games) in advance of this coming out. :)
You might as well just get Continuum Shift Extend, since it has the CT and CS storylines.

Dannielle said:
I recall people discussing it here, so .. according to @Hanners1979 Bakamonogatari does contain the Character Commentaries. https://twitter.com/Hanners1979/status/ ... 2935334912
I can't tell you how glad this makes me for having blown over a hundred quid on the Aniplex version. Oh well, at least I got a box and a booklet out of it grumblegrumble...

Good for the fans not stupid enough to pay Aniplex's price, though!

fabricatedlunatic said:
Dannielle said:
I recall people discussing it here, so .. according to @Hanners1979 Bakamonogatari does contain the Character Commentaries. https://twitter.com/Hanners1979/status/ ... 2935334912
I can't tell you how glad this makes me for having blown over a hundred quid on the Aniplex version. Oh well, at least I got a box and a booklet out of it grumblegrumble...

You get Japanese Bluray quality. I doubt the AU/UK release will.
Nisemonogatari for example is 11 episodes, and the episodes alone take up 78.8 Gigs. Add another 10 gigs for menus, the NCOP/EDs and trailers.

Won't the AU/UK release have the same disc count, being as they're using Aniplex's masters? I suppose Hanabee/MVM may use smaller capacity discs (assuming Bakemono uses BD50s) though.

Also, does this mean that Hanabee will be using Aniplex's subtitles or producing their own? I wouldn't mind double-dipping for non-blinky, white dialogue subs...

Awesome that Monster is finally getting a complete release. I'll hold out for a bit to see if it gets picked up here, but if it looks unlikely then I'll get the import.

The dates for Scotland Loves Anime for this year have seemingly been confirmed. I'm going to double check that's the week I've booked off from work for the Glasgow one and that'll be me all set to go again. Hope we get some more excellent premiers.

Mangaranga said:
fabricatedlunatic said:
Dannielle said:

You get Japanese Bluray quality. I doubt the AU/UK release will.
Nisemonogatari for example is 11 episodes, and the episodes alone take up 78.8 Gigs. Add another 10 gigs for menus, the NCOP/EDs and trailers.

I doubt the majority will notice the difference in quality and I personally would rather pay a lot less money and have a slight decrease in quality than the other way around.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Dannielle said:

Wasn't the discussion of commentaries related to Nisemonogatari earlier? I'd personally always assumed Bake would have them and that I'd paid a large price for having a release that much sooner than everyone else (in fact at that time there was no sign of a UK/Aus release)

BlazBlue Alter Memory details
The staff behind it all looks really meh until you see the Assistant Director (Seiji Mizushima).

EDIT: Okay, I just watched the dub preview for HighSchool DxD and FUNimation, we need to talk. No one says "See you on the flip side" or "that was dope" any more. Especially not Koneko.

I've tried numerous times to sit through the story modes of BlazBlue games, but I just can't. It's a load of convoluted nonsense, and I don't have much faith in the anime being able to straighten it out.

Joshawott said:
EDIT: Okay, I just watched the dub preview for HighSchool DxD and FUNimation, we need to talk. No one says "See you on the flip side" or "that was dope" any more. Especially not Koneko.

Oh wow that was awful. I thought I was listening to a parody when I first heard it.

Also, I'm a bit disappointed Ishiwatari isn't working on any of the sound for the Blazblue anime.

fabricatedlunatic said:
I've tried numerous times to sit through the story modes of BlazBlue games, but I just can't. It's a load of convoluted nonsense, and I don't have much faith in the anime being able to straighten it out.
> Fighting games in general

Greenmeido said:
Joshawott said:

Oh wow that was awful. I thought I was listening to a parody when I first heard it.
> Recent FUNimation dubs in general.

Back