The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Doraemon666 said:
Just Passing Through said:
Good news for some i suppose,not something i,d go for and the lack of a Blu-Ray release might disappoint some hardcore Gundam fans,but overall a great release from Rightstuf.

For the Blu-ray there is the direct to the world bank-breaking option from Bandai, and always has been. I doubt they'd relinquish that to any local distro in a hurry. But there are still plenty of fans who refuse to upgrade to DVD, and this is great news for them.

Doraemon666 said:
Good news for some i suppose,not something i,d go for and the lack of a Blu-Ray release might disappoint some hardcore Gundam fans,but overall a great release from Rightstuf.

For the Blu-ray there is the direct to the world bank-breaking option from Bandai, and always has been. I doubt they'd relinquish that to any local distro in a hurry. But there are still plenty of fans who refuse to upgrade to DVD, and this is great news for them.
Yeah very true,and its a good sign that they will maybe release more Gundam in the future,Turn A Gundam being the top of my list or even Gundam ZZ would be awesome.

Sort of underwhelming... well, I'm glad for the people who don't want their Unicorns in HD, and hopefully it will lead to more Gundam in future.

R

Rui said:
Sort of underwhelming... well, I'm glad for the people who don't want their Unicorns in HD, and hopefully it will lead to more Gundam in future.

R
Yeah i think we all had out expectations a bit to high,i suppose after there last couple of announcements being Rose of Versailles and Space Adventure Cobra i was hoping for another classic,i was hoping and praying that it was going to be Oniisama e... or another Osamu Dezaki classic,Ashita no Joe,Aim for the Ace or Nobody's Boy:Remi springs to mind,i just thought they,d keep the trend of Dezaki show,s going.

VERY pleased to see that Unicorn is getting another release. However, I'm not going to get TOO excited until I see details of pricing. I'm leery of importing from the States now since my last few orders all got slapped with handling fees.

Bandai dropped the ball with Unicorn's marketing BIG TIME in my opinion. I've heard (from nothing remotely constituting a reliable source, mind you) that the first Unicorn DVD they put out didn't even sell 1,000 copies. So kudos to Nozomi for taking the risk.

SUPERB Gundam, from what I've seen of it so far.

HdE said:
VERY pleased to see that Unicorn is getting another release. However, I'm not going to get TOO excited until I see details of pricing. I'm leery of importing from the States now since my last few orders all got slapped with handling fees.

Bandai dropped the ball with Unicorn's marketing BIG TIME in my opinion. I've heard (from nothing remotely constituting a reliable source, mind you) that the first Unicorn DVD they put out didn't even sell 1,000 copies. So kudos to Nozomi for taking the risk.

SUPERB Gundam, from what I've seen of it so far.
If you do not want to order direct from the states your best bet is to order it from United Publications if you are worried about handling fees.

With the blu-rays being far too expensive, I brought the 1+2 and 3+4 DVD sets last year, so I'm glad to hear it, so long as they get to 5 and onwards :)

ColdCobra said:
With the blu-rays being far too expensive, I brought the 1+2 and 3+4 DVD sets last year, so I'm glad to hear it, so long as they get to 5 and onwards :)
Found this statement from Rightstuf on the ANN forums,Part 3(eps 5,6)will be this fall.Part 4(ep 7+featurettes/extras)we are hoping to be very close to the Japanese release in Spring 2014.

Doraemon666 said:
ColdCobra said:
Found this statement from Rightstuf on the ANN forums,Part 3(eps 5,6)will be this fall.Part 4(ep 7+featurettes/extras)we are hoping to be very close to the Japanese release in Spring 2014.

Glad to hear it!

Dannielle said:
Manga's latest set of pre-orders for July onwards is up ..no actual dates, artwork or buttons to order yet but, its worth keeping an eye on: http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=sr_st?key ... eleasedate

Interesting, they have Bleach "Complete Series 11" listed with 2 discs. I guess since the season next up is only 16 episodes it might not be getting a Part 1 and 2, but 16 on two discs is a little much, three discs surely?

If you've been waiting on Kaze for Black Lagoon OVA and Mirai Nikki, things may be moving again, as Funimation have announced the US release dates.

August 2013 for them both, which I would hope would mean that they get UK releases this autumn at least.

And in other news.

Daisuki is Up and Running!

At the moment it's streaming Prince of Tennis OVAs and some Gundam, 15 episodes for the first day. There's a page to vote for prospective new series to watch, and it's also worth registering for the prize draws. 1000 bits of merchandise to be won, and you can enter once a day.

EDIT: Saw the ANN article and realised that I was not seeing
Lupin III: Part II
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Sword Art Online

The cockblocking has already begun :(

Sword Art Online

I'm seeing these if you first go to 'store' and then select the relevant publisher. Only a couple of episodes of each though.

FourthLion said:
Sword Art Online

I'm seeing these if you first go to 'store' and then select the relevant publisher. Only a couple of episodes of each though.

But clicking on them gives you...

The possible causes are as follows:

- The page is temporarily unavailable.
- You requested a page that you are not authorized to view.
- Authentication was unsuccessful, etc.

Use the search form or links below to find the video or products you are looking for.
We hope you continue to enjoy our services at DAISUKI.

Bolded for emphasis.

In good news,
Siren Visual has licensed Monster!

I sense a potential UK announcement at MCM!

Back