The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Sucks to hear that 'Slopes might be delayed but its totally understandable & I'd rather they delayed it than have a faulty version on sale.

Dannielle said:
Sucks to hear that 'Slopes might be delayed but its totally understandable & I'd rather they delayed it than have a faulty version on sale.

Indeed, in fact I think we'd be looking at bonus points for MvM if they can get us a fixed release, too often they blindly release what they have received from the US/Aus despites the warnings of a problem.

Pretty sure those are the original classifications from 20 years ago. Under details it gives the classified dates as 24/01/1994 and 24/12/1993.

The new BBFC site definitely has problems. Half the info is hidden and you have to click through to get to it and the search results are limited to 10 per page.

Ath said:
Pretty sure those are the original classifications from 20 years ago. Under details it gives the classified dates as 24/01/1994 and 24/12/1993.

The new BBFC site definitely has problems. Half the info is hidden and you have to click through to get to it and the search results are limited to 10 per page.

If that's the case why is are they coming up with along with titles such as Hellsing Ultimate as that makes no logical sense to me?

robot monkey said:
Ath said:

If that's the case why is are they coming up with along with titles such as Hellsing Ultimate as that makes no logical sense to me?
The search results seem to be in a weird order, mixing current things with random older selections rather than being chronological. The same thing happens when I search for other studios like Paramount. Guess that's another thing the BBFC need to sort out for the website.

Ath said:

Rage. Would have been some sweet releases right there.

Rui said:
Otaku-san said:
Just Passing Through said:
Cat Planet Cuties has been delayed again to 8th July. They converted the video from NTSC -PAL, but forgot to retime the subtitles.

And nothing of value was missed

I understand if signs where missing from an important piece of plot line like a letter, but guy's you're more weebo then me and even I can grasp what half the signs mean without it being pointed out

If that was true, people wouldn't bother subtitling anime at all and everyone would watch it raw. I don't think it's at all unreasonable for people to complain about words on signs not being translated, especially when they are paying for a translated product and the sign subtitles exist on another subtitle track, which they can't use with the version they want to watch due to the limitations of the disc.

Furthermore, in the post you quoted it is clearly stated that the subtitles are mistimed, not that the sign subs are missing. Mistimed subtitles are a pretty major problem (as the company acknowledged). Please don't post ill-considered things for the express purpose of antagonising others - we have rules about that.

Well I was expressing how I usually watch something. But I understand for those who wish to see it subtitled, and the show in question has a hybrid track hence the statement. You have to admit though, there are times in a show, say when the protagonist happens to go to a shop/store. The placards in Kanji, but he happens to read it out anyhow. Then you get a show like Kyōran Kazoku Nikki and the entire backdrop is covered in text. Otherwise subtitle forumites you have my pita, while I have the wholemeal

Aww yes I did mean the product at whole. Say it louder though, I think people might have noticed me
I did enjoy the maracas scene, but that's all I got from it
I'm sure the only one I've antagonised is myself:

"How dare you sir! They make valuable place mats"
I know but have you watched it?
"Course, and the strobe lightings gone"
HUZZAh! I'm a changed man, Give me my timed signs and I'll be on my way.. 1:['

PS I pm'd you too, not to do with this but you won't notice otherwise

Last edited by a moderator:
Really, we should be addressing the real elephant in the room, that being converting NSTC to PAL.

What a silly thing to do in the wizbang future year of 2013

ConanThe3rd said:
Really, we should be addressing the real elephant in the room, that being converting NSTC to PAL.

What a silly thing to do in the wizbang future year of 2013

Who know's Conan, maybe some people still phone it through

Back