The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

May have to buy that Siren DVD of Hakaba Kitaro. I'm not going to purchase it immediately though, in case NISA turn around and reveal a beautiful combo pack LE >_>

I want to buy Sentai's Tsuritama but...Sentai :/

R

Discotek have just announced another new licence on there facebook page.Monster Rancher Season 1 English dubbed boxset.Episodes 1-26.Coming In December 2013.They will also release the English dubbed seasons 2 and 3 in boxsets in 2014, along with a complete Japanese language English subtitled 1-73 boxset also in 2014.

Doraemon666 said:
Discotek have just announced another new licence on there facebook page.Monster Rancher Season 1 English dubbed boxset.Episodes 1-26.Coming In December 2013.They will also release the English dubbed seasons 2 and 3 in boxsets in 2014, along with a complete Japanese language English subtitled 1-73 boxset also in 2014.
AAWWWWW YEEEEEAAAH.

Now, where's my Shaman King release, anyone?

73 episodes! I didn't care for Monster Rancher but I might support that just on principle. They need to get Moncolle Knight over next since the last few JP DVDs I need are almost extinct in shops >_>

R

Doraemon666 said:
Can Hype be more get? I honestly don't think so.

Well, not without getting Medabots and doing the same (Though you can simply just not translate Spirits, thanks, Discotek)

Monster Rancher!?!? Oh god I am still fangirling from the very end of tonights episode of Waterloo Road and now this!

*dies*
*revives*
*runs around in circles*
*squees for eternity*

ConanThe3rd said:
Joshawott said:
The World God Only Knows season 3 coming this summer

And fudge Conan...licensing Medabots. That might be the smartest post you've ever made.
Man, besides 4kids' nonsese, the early 2000's wern't that bad to children in terms of dubbing japanese cartoons and showing them on TV. Heck, even Ultimate Muscle and Shaman King (Series I'd love to see similar treatments for) are brilliant little dubs.

True but they still couldn't resist cuts and tweaks, albeit not on the same level as some other shows

I definitely think there's a market to bring those shows out on DvD nonetheless

Hell, I'd buy the English dub of Duel Masters season 1 in a heartbeat.

♫ Who's the kid with the spiky hair?~ ♫

I'd love to see a release for Yu-gi-oh and Shaman King. The only company that seem to be interested in these "old shows" though are Discotek in the US with their separate sub/dub releases of Samurai Pizza Cats and Monster Rancher.

TMNT 2003 will always redeem 4kids in my opinion and makes me think they should have kept going down that original programming route.

ConanThe3rd said:
Joshawott said:

And fudge Conan...licensing Medabots. That might be the smartest post you've ever made.
Man, besides 4kids' nonsese, the early 2000's wern't that bad to children in terms of dubbing japanese cartoons and showing them on TV. Heck, even Ultimate Muscle and Shaman King (Series I'd love to see similar treatments for) are brilliant little dubs.
I really liked Shaman King. That needs a release here too.

Rosencrantz said:
ConanThe3rd said:
Joshawott said:

True but they still couldn't resist cuts and tweaks, albeit not on the same level as some other shows

I definitely think there's a market to bring those shows out on DvD nonetheless
It's levels of severity. Hell, before I was aware of just how bad the edits for Cardcaptor Sakura were, I was largely convinced that American anime fans were merely spazzing out about nothing as was standard procedure (the "international" edit wasn't the complete mess the Kids WB airing was. Heck, Australia even changed the opening to an English version of Catch you, catch me (and they did the other two, apparently )

Hell, the same people who did Cardcaptors went on to do Medabots so make of that what you will.

Though let's not have any potential domestic CSS dvd release be dub only. That would only end in tears.

ConanThe3rd said:
It's levels of severity. Hell, before I was aware of just how bad the edits for Cardcaptor Sakura were, I was largely convinced that American anime fans were merely spazzing out about nothing as was standard procedure (the "international" edit wasn't the complete mess the Kids WB airing was. Heck, Australia even changed the opening to an English version of Catch you, catch me (and they did the other two, apparently )

Hell, the same people who did Cardcaptors went on to do Medabots so make of that what you will.

Though let's not have any potential domestic CSS dvd release be dub only. That would only end in tears.

It would have to be a separate dub and sub release. Hope they do it though.

Back