The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Nice cover art for Occult Academy (mmm, thigh highs) but I'm not so sure about the show itself.

Mardock Scramble. I seem to recall some doubt over whether Kaze were to release the edited version or the Director's Cut (which runs an additional four minutes, mostly sex scenes I believe).

Well, the BBFC have classified both. 15 for the 62-minute edited version and 18 for the 66-minute Director's Cut. It seems unlikely that Kaze will be putting out two separate DVD and Blu-ray releases (only one of each is listed at retailers) so I'm guessing each copy will include both versions of the film on separate discs. Maybe?

fabricatedlunatic said:
Nice cover art for Occult Academy (mmm, thigh highs) but I'm not so sure about the show itself.

Mardock Scramble. I seem to recall some doubt over whether Kaze were to release the edited version or the Director's Cut (which runs an additional four minutes, mostly sex scenes I believe).

Well, the BBFC have classified both. 15 for the 62-minute edited version and 18 for the 66-minute Director's Cut. It seems unlikely that Kaze will be putting out two separate DVD and Blu-ray releases (only one of each is listed at retailers) so I'm guessing each copy will include both versions of the film on separate discs. Maybe?
Considering Anime-on-line lists Mardock Scramble as an 18, I assume that at least, we'll be getting the uncut.

MB stuff sounds very bad. :( Would feel really weird if they were no longer around.

Rui said:
And now Sentai has announced The Book of Bantorra.
This is a strange one. Not new enough to be "ooh shiny and exciting", not old enough to be "ooh, didn't think we were going to get that one"... and still right there on Crunchyroll if anyone wanted to watch it. Which probably isn't the best idea, anyway.

Just googled the Book or Barratorra and saw this image

02_04.jpg

What is going on with her proportions!!

Her right arm in particular looks twisted - and look at that deformed hand.

With Media Blasters...they better survive long enough for the Squid Girl blu-ray!

ilmaestro said:
MB stuff sounds very bad. :( Would feel really weird if they were no longer around.

Rui said:
And now Sentai has announced The Book of Bantorra.
This is a strange one. Not new enough to be "ooh shiny and exciting", not old enough to be "ooh, didn't think we were going to get that one"... and still right there on Crunchyroll if anyone wanted to watch it. Which probably isn't the best idea, anyway.

Book of Bantorra was only up for about six months on Crunchyroll. I remember taking a break from it about two thirds of the way through, and when I came back to it, it was off the site. So this anouncement interests me.

Is it just me or have Sentai been doing an ADV the last couple of weeks, Every other day there's a new license announcement.

Niconico will be streaming Senki Zesshou Symphogear & Milky Holmes 2 from this weekend:

"Episode 1 and 2 will be available on Friday, February 3rd 6:30AM (PST).
Symphogear will continue to be uploaded every Friday at 6:30 AM (PST).
This anime will be available for U.S, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, and South Africa."

Source: http://blog.niconico.com/information/20 ... ogear.html

"Episode 1 and 2 will be available on Sunday, February 5th 9:30AM (PST).
Detective Opera Milky Holmes 2 will continue to be uploaded every Sunday at 9:30AM (PST).
This anime will be available for U.S, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, and South Africa. "

Source: http://blog.niconico.com/information/20 ... mes-2.html

N.B. Pacific Standard Time (PST) is GMT -8 hours, so Milky Holmes won't be available until 17:30 UK time.

Aces! Wonder why it took them so long to sort out.

Just Passing Through said:
Book of Bantorra was only up for about six months on Crunchyroll. I remember taking a break from it about two thirds of the way through, and when I came back to it, it was off the site. So this anouncement interests me.
Whoops, guess it's right what they say about assumptions. I "took a break" from it after one episode, and had only the very vaguest of intentions to go back to it, so I apologize for not noticing it going missing. ^^;

Back