The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Digimon Adventures...bloody hell, thats not something I expected to see come up on a license list anytime soon. I remember watching that on TV what...10 years ago?

ilmaestro said:
This seems like an odd criticism, to me (I appreciate you might not be "criticizing" them, as such) - If you just don't want to buy this BD collection at that price anyway then I can understand, but if that isn't the case then having just paid £45 or whatever for the DVDs has little bearing to me on a second £300 purchase that is still four months away. Just imagine the pound was worth only slightly less against the yen!

If only imagining it often enough made it true :D

I'd like to upgrade my DVDs at some point (for the audio mostly, as I'm PALphobic), but I don't want it enough to pay for a gorgeous proper release when I could allocate that cash to new shows. I'm hoping for a Baccano-style US version since the gap between releases has been tiny in the west. I don't think a full priced 'import' via Aniplex USA will sell that much for that reason; the brand new stuff is far more appealing than a rerelease, even if it's a lovely, well done rerelease. So there's a chance...

R

alexrose1uk said:
Digimon Adventures...bloody hell, thats not something I expected to see come up on a license list anytime soon. I remember watching that on TV what...10 years ago?
Zero Two. They have already released Adventures so this would ony be a surprise if sales had been really bad (thankfully it looks like they weren't since I'm hoping for a Tamers release some day)

Just Passing Through said:
Digimon Adventures 02: Second season. Planned for June release. Will take fan feedback from first season into account.

I wonder what this will entitle, the second set of Adventure was an Improvement in most ways over the first part! (they even added the Original Japanese Opening as an extra Feature on the second set)

Shiroi Hane said:
Zero Two. They have already released Adventures so this would ony be a surprise if sales had been really bad (thankfully it looks like they weren't since I'm hoping for a Tamers release some day)

No, I realise it's 02, it's just kinda surprising to see stuff like this being licensed after such a long time, I mean I remember seeing this stuff on TV a decade ago (or it feels like it was that long ago), I mean I guess some stuff like Bebop has been going for donkeys, but I always see shows like that being 'relicensed', whereas this makes it sound like its been the first time this has been properly released.
I actually quite enjoyed these when I was younger, never saw much of Tamers, but I think I saw most of Adventure 01/02, Frontier and errrm, the one that came after...savers or something was it?

That's what caused the surprise, it seems...rather...late.

So Madman haven't confirmed a physical release of Guilty Crown?

And if Manga want me to not import Ookami-san, they had better follow suit with their announcement soon.

Fugglemation.

"broadcast, home entertainment, merchandising, mobile, and streaming rights"

... OK. I guess that's just legal speak rather than any indication of what they're actually going to do with the show? Either way, I shall stick to the JP release rather than pick it up from Funi in the latter half of 2014.

They're saying DVD/blu-ray for Haganai, but I think 2014 might be a little optimistic. I'll put my wager on 2016, and it will still be before we get Index ^^;

Good news for me though as I wouldn't mind picking it up and don't desperately burn to see it ASAP.

R

If I remember correctly, a new Toradora manga volume is released in Japan once a year. I also felt that the manga's pacing at the start was so much better, in regards to Ryuji and Taiga growing closer.

Joshawott said:
If I remember correctly, a new Toradora manga volume is released in Japan once a year. I also felt that the manga's pacing at the start was so much better, in regards to Ryuji and Taiga growing closer.

Toradora started its life as a series of light novels, the last of which was published to coincide with the end of the anime adaptation. The manga is just another (on-going) adaptation of those light novels.

Hanners said:
Joshawott said:

Toradora started its life as a series of light novels, the last of which was published to coincide with the end of the anime adaptation. The manga is just another (on-going) adaptation of those light novels.
Yeah, I knew it started as light novels; just didn't know the novels had ended yet.

I wish they'd get picked up and licensed too.

I picked up some of the meaning from this excerpt from the link:

____
       /      \   
      / ─    ─ \   
    /   (●)  (●)  \
    .|       (__人__)     |    __
     \    ` ⌒´ / ̄ ̄⌒/⌒   /
    (⌒\     /  IS  /     /
    i\  \   ,(つ    /   ⊂)
    .|  \    y(つ___/,__⊆)

____
       /      \