The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Dannielle said:
Eh, i can understand that they want to make us happy after all the cancellations & considering the demand for Spice & wolf was pretty high but they really shouldn't announce anything till its solid.
They could make us happy by not treating us as fools or idiots or by branding customers as trolls having been ignorant etc themselves.

For anyone interested, the American distributor of Toradora! (NIS America) has Volume 1 and Volume 2 Premium Edition in stock again on their website:
Toradora! Volume 1 Premium Edition
Toradora! Volume 2 Premium Edition

But ordering from NIS America directly for international buyers is quite expensive. They send the order with USPS Priority Mail International and it costs 32 GBP (Express Mail International or UPS costs even more...).

However Amazon US has made a request for a new shipment too, so if all goes well, they will have it in stock again. They have much better shipping prices and maybe they even add a discount :)

Why is this news? For people who didn't hear it yet, the Premium Editions went out of print long time ago and they were impossible to find on a normal price, especially Volume 1's Premium Edition.

For interest:
Toradora! Vol 1 Premium Edition Unboxing

Hehe, I just got my volume 2 Premium Edition in the mail today. It did take quite a while to arrive from UP1 though (I ordered it on 19th January). Also, I got my volume 1 LE second hand from afoia earlier this month. Counting how much I spent on them both...£72, so I feel quite relieved xD (although if you count the volume 1 standard edition I'm trying to unsuccessfully sell on eBay, it's £102 >>).

Toradora, heard of it but never looked into it. Might do so later.

Sentai Filmworks has once again announced a license, this time in the form of Gintama The Movie.

Source

According to a list of "The top 50 foreign language films of the last decade" on Den of Geek, the 29th best foreign language film of the 2000s was "Howl's Moving Castle". The live action version of "Casshern" came 47th.

Some of the list is quite good, I've seen about a 3rd of the films listed and some of them do deserve to be in the list. Not sure I'd agree with Casshern though, I thought the movie was a badly edited mess even if the idea was interesting.

Just Passing Through said:
Madman Ent set the release date for Puella Magi Madoka Magica V1 as 18th April, BD and DVD, LE and Standard...

You know that it'll never see the HD light of day here so...
My AniplexUSA volume 1 LE has already been on its way since Thursday morning =3

Personally, I think the Italians got the best deal in terms of a Limited Edition. Shame I can't speak Italian.

devilrules666 said:
Shame that show is in singles. I would buy it if it was in 2 sets or a complete boxset :(
Being fair, it's only one extra set.

It's a far swipe from what Japan would love to put under in their desperate attempt to hide anime from people.

As always Conan you make complete sense. :) I would hate to collect anime in Japan. What with like 2 eps a disc for certain shows it must be expensive to buy it over there :D

This is what Kaze give Europe, but not the UK!

Blu-rays of Fate/Stay Night, Blue Exorcist, Code Geass, and 5cm per Second.

You'd have thunk that they'd at least put English language assets on 5cm per second and sell that through Manga, or do Manga have exclusive rights to that in the UK? In which case they'll be stuck, failing to sell 3000 copies!

To be fair, France has always had more and better releases than the UK. Much as I'd like to see Geass and 5cm on BD here, I'm not holding my breath.

ConanThe3rd said:
devilrules666 said:
Shame that show is in singles. I would buy it if it was in 2 sets or a complete boxset :(
Being fair, it's only one extra set.

It's a far swipe from what Japan would love to put under in their desperate attempt to hide anime from people.
In Japan, wasn't Madoka Magica released over 6 volumes? Anyways, I'm perfectly fine with buying singles for 12/13/14 episode shows. It's only 25+ episodes where I prefer half-season sets.

You'd have thunk that they'd at least put English language assets on 5cm per second and sell that through Manga, or do Manga have exclusive rights to that in the UK? In which case they'll be stuck, failing to sell 3000 copies!
Europe gets Blue Exorcist blu-ray ("Blu Exorcist"? Gurdurr) with only French subtitles...T_T

Manga have previously tweeted that they need the OK from the licensor for a UK release.

https://twitter.com/#!/MangaUK/status/1 ... 8082567170

Back