The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Hopefully, they'll negotiate them in for season 2 as extras. That would be an acceptable solution to me.

R

Eh, my edit hasn't gone through. Reading the post on ANN, I added "ah, at least their reasoning is fair enough. I wish they could have printed up a quick and dirty DVD with it on to add in though, or even included the raw as an extra."

But yeah, adding it as an extra if and when they release season 2 (did they already announce that?) would be great.

edit: doh, I started editing my post on a different PC and never hit "submit".

Multiboxing AUKN!

They haven't announced season 2 yet, but since they seem to be licensing everything of worth lately I have my hopes up :D

R

ilmaestro said:
I thought Iron Man was a disaster from the few episodes I watched, was X-Men any better?

Oh I agree, but a lot of people liked it and I don't understand why. X-men I thought was good, but you may like it more (or maybe less) if you're a Cyclops fan. He's a bit mopy over Jean but it's more about how he gets over it, unlike the wrist-slitting X3/ Wolverine and The X-men Cyclops' attitudes.

It was pretty good overall too though, the characterisations were accurate, though Emma Frost was made much less morally ambiguous and there were a tad too many new non-comics characters (especially with the massive tease in the ED showing Magneto and Juggernaut, there's also brief appearances by Deadpool, Colossus and iirc Nightcrawler and Gambit in a set of blink and you'll miss cameos). It's basically a vague Japanified adaptation of the Proteus story, with added Hellfire Club. Storm doesn't get to do much but Wolverine has his moments without overshadowing everyone else and Armor and Beast do alright too.

Rui said:
Funimation have announced they have the Sengoku Basara movie and, as a pleasant surprise, Level E.

R

EXCELLENT!

I wonder if this has had any sort of impact on Manga apparently flip flopping on their 'we won't - oh, yes we will' attitude to Sengoku Basara 2?

Funimation said this on their homepage, though, "acquired the broadcast, home entertainment, and streaming rights to the complete anime series, Level E". Since it already has a legal stream I'm expecting it to appear on DVD eventually. The Sengoku Basara movie is targeted for the end of this year, so it will probably be next year at the very earliest for Level E since no date was announced.

R

Back