The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Perhaps nowadays they specifically say "home entertainment" rights because they're not actually sure which format we'll all be on by the time it makes it to release. Blu-ray might be a distant memory by the time Index and co appear.

R

Oh wow, I legit keep on forgetting they even have that show. :lol: Probably one of the easiest things to market in the last ten years imo, and yet they still sit on it.

Rui said:
Perhaps nowadays they specifically say "home entertainment" rights because they're not actually sure which format we'll all be on by the time it makes it to release. Blu-ray might be a distant memory by the time Index and co appear.

R
And we'll have colonies on the moon before Shakugan no Shana II, Shakugan no Shana S and Shakugan no Shana: The Movie are released.

Rena Ryuugu said:

YEEEESS THERE IS A GOD! HALLELUJAH!

Aniplex USA have posted a picture of the Puella Magi Madoka Magica volume 2 LE:

Madoka-Magica-V2-Assets_lrg.jpg

I'm glad that they decided to use the Japanese volume 4 as the "main" cover; as the volume 3 looks really plain (I assume it'll be the reversible cover). The only change I would have suggested would be to feature Sayaka on the LE box instead of Mami (due to everything else in the set screaming Sayaka and Kyoko) and Sayaka, y u no blu-ray disc? C'mon - she's blue! *shot*

Other than my biased love towards Sayaka; it's a really awesome looking set.

I'm glad that we get two posters (I guess the other one is to make up for the lack of stickers, like v.1 had?). While they're still double sided, the more the merrier! (I currently have the volume 1 poster on my wall, with the side of all the characters minus Kyoko).

I'm still undecided about whether to buy my volume 2 LE from RightStuf or UP1. If anyone ordered volume 1 from UP1, how long did it take to arrive?

devilrules666 said:
How many eps are on the disc?
Each volume of Puella Magi Madoka Magica contains 4 episodes. One of the discs shown is the Blu-ray (I assume it's the Kyoko disc), while the other is the DVD (I'm guessing the Sayaka disc).

It's a lot better than the Japanese though - each volume only had 2 episodes!

I love Aniplex USA photos, even though the set doesn't contain all that much, materially, with it all spread out excitingly it really whets the appetite.

I'm potentially in for a long wait as the last two volumes are in the same order ;_;

R

Joshawott said:
I'm still undecided about whether to buy my volume 2 LE from RightStuf or UP1. If anyone ordered volume 1 from UP1, how long did it take to arrive?

I ordered mine from UP1 not wanting to go through the hassle of customs, Royal Mail ransom notes, etc. I got mine two days after its release on the 14th.

Was a little odd actually - I normally receive packages from UP1 the next day.

Glad I pre-ordered all 3 volumes at the same time. The artbox for Vol.2 looks yummy.

AntAce said:
Joshawott said:

I ordered mine from UP1 not wanting to go through the hassle of customs, Royal Mail ransom notes, etc. I got mine two days after its release on the 14th.

Was a little odd actually - I normally receive packages from UP1 the next day.

Glad I pre-ordered all 3 volumes at the same time. The artbox for Vol.2 looks yummy.
I received my Volume 1 from RightStuf on the 20th. So yeah, a difference of 4 days and not having to find the really out of the way Royal Mail depot.

Cool.

Back