The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Well, I never thought a straight up DB(Z) Movie 14 would ever appear, but I guess I was wrong! Looking forward to seeing it, eventually...

In the new batch of Sentai solicitations, it's confirmed that Mayo Chiki won't be dubbed, which will no doubt mean that MVM's release next year will be sub only too.

Siren Visual were hinting at Dream Eater Merry on Facebook.

I'd link, but I can't be asked.

MVM's Twitter:

"So it turns out Mayo Chiki is NOT being dubbed. We've pushed this back to 2013 now."

"We're planning on releasing Rozen Maiden: Overture for November to replace Mayo Chiki - will be up for pre order later today."

How odd! Well, I'm glad I wasn't that interested in Mayo Chiki. I already have the new Rozen Maiden but nice to hear good news with the bad, I guess :D

R

Well that's somewhat confusing now, are MVM hoping that Mayo either gets a dub from elsewhere or hoping Sentai change their minds in the long run?

I guess there is always the possibility of not wanting to release a sub only the month before Christmas.

reborn said:
Well that's somewhat confusing now, are MVM hoping that Mayo either gets a dub from elsewhere or hoping Sentai change their minds in the long run?

I guess there is always the possibility of not wanting to release a sub only the month before Christmas.

Sentai have gone back and dubbed a series if it sells particularly well subbed, Clannad being a case in point.

You know, after the likes of Xenoblade and The Last Story with their excellent British dubs, I'd actually kinda be curious to hear a British dubbed anime again. Not like that BBC Lum the Invader Girl dub (though that was funny!), but a faithful dub that just happened to use a British cast. It'll never happen of course but I can dream!

Wouldn't say no to a good ol'fashioned punched up MangaUK dub with gratuitous swearing, iffy acting and dodgy American accents, even if it'd sell about 8 copies now. :p Just need an ultra-cheap, super violent OVA that Japan will license on the cheap...OK, back to reality for me.

Ath said:
Not like that BBC Lum the Invader Girl dub (though that was funny!), but a faithful dub that just happened to use a British cast.

"I'll put a fiver on that bird in the bikini!"

Back