The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

devilrules666 said:
Oh well it's only a few weeks delay. Nothing to worry about :D

I might actually get it reviewed before the release date!

What worries me about Sentai's licensing right now, aside from the volume of it, is that they're basically throwing darts in the dark, licensing shows which haven't even aired yet. Unless they've got very favourable terms and an option of later refusal, they may wind up with a shop window full of turkeys that no one wants.

Just Passing Through said:
What worries me about Sentai's licensing right now, aside from the volume of it, is that they're basically throwing darts in the dark, licensing shows which haven't even aired yet. Unless they've got very favourable terms and an option of later refusal, they may wind up with a shop window full of turkeys that no one wants.

Seems a lot like history repeating itself, some of the prices ADV paid for some shows compared to some other shows boggles the mind.

Through sheer number some of the liscences must be bad shows, it'd be crazy not to have some kind of deal/agreement in place. Perhaps a token non-refundable upfront fee with options to fully commit to releases?

Shiroi Hane said:
fabricatedlunatic said:
I'm not exactly sure of what happened with the whole Sojitz business, but wouldn't Funimation just avoid a repeat of whatever it was that led to them suing Sentai? Once bitten...
ADV got investment from Sojitz/ARM (and, apparently, some moles working to sabotage them) which they used to buy a load of titles (at inflated prices).
FUNimation just got the titles. ARM doesn't even exist any more.

I'm still massively confused as to how Adv owe's Funi money tbh. Surely they owe the company they didnt pay, rather than a company that later liscenced the same titles Adv had.

To be honest I don't know how much of a difference this ever actually makes. Series that get rave reviews while airing end up as sales duds while stuff which nobody even bothered digisubbing can be a surprise seller. The western market seems completely unpredictable when it comes to sales figures, even when compared to its own online buzz.

Snapping up anything which looks even remotely marketable, with a cute lead or two they can slap on a DVD cover, could be as sound a strategy as anything else.

R

New JoJo's Bizzare Adventure TV Anime in october and a CyberConnect 2 (Recent Naruto Games) game around the same time
Get HYPED!
emotdance.gif

Rosencrantz said:
I'm still massively confused as to how Adv owe's Funi money tbh. Surely they owe the company they didnt pay, rather than a company that later liscenced the same titles Adv had.
ADV owed money to Sojitz. According to FUNimation, part of their agreement with ARM was to act as a creditor for that debt.

FUNimation is complaining that ADV, instead of using their assets to clear this debt, sold them back to themselves (in the guise of S23 etc) for below market value.

Shiroi Hane said:
Rosencrantz said:
ADV owed money to Sojitz. According to FUNimation, part of their agreement with ARM was to act as a creditor for that debt.

FUNimation is complaining that ADV, instead of using their assets to clear this debt, sold them back to themselves (in the guise of S23 etc) for below market value.

Ah, that makes a lot more sense now

I thought my Japanese friends were hallucinating when they started screaming about the Sailor Moon thing briefly. Awesome.

If France is getting LotGH, I am too! Excellent timing as I was tempted to get the JP boxes and can now save some cash for the summer.

R

reborn said:
Someone linked this from ANN:

http://www.moon-chase.com/2012/07/break ... d-in-2013/

And it will also be broadcast to all countries at around the same time.
Wow, JoJo's Bizzare Adventure The Animation? Sailor Moon Kai? Hype Level, it's over 9000.

Tell me Moffat and the Disney XD staff are being fired out of a cannon into the sun for their crimes against Doctor Who and Inazuma Eleven respectively whilst Pokemon Adventures is replacing Pokemon BW 2 and I think we're on track for best week ever.

Haven't seen this posted, but apparently Manglobe's forthcoming Hayate series is not the third season, but rather a reboot.
That's probably for the best, the first season was kneecaped by being on what passes for Children's TV in Japan and the stupid release Bandai did and the second season was just a load of "meh".

Rui said:
I thought my Japanese friends were hallucinating when they started screaming about the Sailor Moon thing briefly. Awesome.

If France is getting LotGH, I am too! Excellent timing as I was tempted to get the JP boxes and can now save some cash for the summer.

R

Someone has spotted that it's a Kaze license...

Twitter
Pic

Too much to ask for English subs?

If Kaze have licensed it, does that mean it may appear on Anime on Demand? Probably not give their recent lack of activity, but still, there might be a chance.

Bon les news sur les box DVD des Héros de la galaxie : 4 box DVD avec les 110 OAV, 59€ le box, sortie prévue en fin d’année normalement.
Pardon my French, but that's somewhat cheaper than one would have expected for a title so old as this.

Could be interesting, but I'm willing to bet it'll be another stand alone defeat the uber villain set in the Z timeline. Which I won't mind as long as it's good and has Piccolo, Vegeta and Tien being awesome and Yamcha getting owned :)

Back