The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Wonder why it took so long for it to get a license in america? Considering a lot of people loved the manga i would have through it would have been picked up before now

ConanThe3rd said:
Just Passing Through said:
And Manga have stated on Twitter that sub only Blue Exorcist is a go!

No delays. No dub.

EDIT: To clarify, no delaying for a dub. They've said previously that they may re-release a dub version later.
F**king, Morons.

No Conan, they are not morons, Manga are victims of this new Neon Valley service, they had NO idea that it would be dubbed or when. MangaUK have planned this release since March and to see this happen is really unfortunate for them and to see them stick with the sub-only release is the right decision in my view. Maybe wait for a full collection release and put the dub in.

Oh and the Detroit Metal City license is up there with Ristorante Paradiso, hell yes!!

Still buying the subbed version of blue exocist cause i don't care if my anime is subbed or dubbed. Manga should be congraulated for sticking to their guns on this one!

Reevothemusefan said:
ConanThe3rd said:
Just Passing Through said:
And Manga have stated on Twitter that sub only Blue Exorcist is a go!

No delays. No dub.

EDIT: To clarify, no delaying for a dub. They've said previously that they may re-release a dub version later.
*******, Morons.

No Conan, they are not morons, Manga are victims of this new Neon Valley service, they had NO idea that it would be dubbed or when. MangaUK have planned this release since March and to see this happen is really unfortunate for them and to see them stick with the sub-only release is the right decision in my view. Maybe wait for a full collection release and put the dub in.
I'm sorry, I'm not hearing any bussiness sense in here. All I hear is an open invite to import the full experience ala Durarara.

If Manga want to loose money, that's fine, but there will be no sympathy at the breadhouse from me.

Is there anything Sentai hasn't licensed? Detroit Metal City is an interesting one. I would've been first in line had they been dubbing it (at only 12 half-length episodes and with a premise seemingly ripe for a Steven Foster script, going sub-only is surely a missed opportunity) but since they're not I'll stick with me (legit, fyi) HK release.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Is there anything Sentai hasn't licensed? Detroit Metal City is an interesting one. I would've been first in line had they been dubbing it (at only 12 half-length episodes and with a premise seemingly ripe for a Steven Foster script, going sub-only is surely a missed opportunity) but since they're not I'll stick with me (legit, fyi) HK release.
Clearly, the only thing ADV have learned by going bankrupt is how to welch on thier debts.

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/06Nu7_4QL1w?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/06Nu7_4QL1w?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
(That is if you can hear it over the fangirl squealing). Looks like a solid dub (other than Kotetsu's voice >>). Nice to finally hear Barnaby's - even if it is just one line.

EDIT: Panel revealed Barnaby's actor to be Yuri Lowenthal.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Sentai have Qwaser (no, not that. The notorious boob-sucking anime). Half the internet says HELL YEAH, the other half says BAN THIS SICK FILTH.
I'd rather watch that than drool trading. :lol: Now if someone can slap Sony into releasing Blood+ that would make my year.

ConanThe3rd said:
VoxPhantom said:
Cancel the sub-only release and make people wait up to a year for a dubbed release? People would rip into them for another cancellation.
Technically speaking, it would be a delay. Which is a slightly less final beast to cancellation.

Course, they have no balls to speak off so it's easy just to pap out the easiest option and call it a day.
Can you honestly say that if they had cancelled the sub-only release in favour of a later dubbed release, you wouldn't be ranting just as much about that?

Back