The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Woohoo, the Manga UK dub for Mamo. Even the Manga UK DVD doesn't have the Manga UK dub. In Discotek We Trust.

As for Golden Boy, how is it that no UK distributor has ever picked that up? If there's no improvement to the video I'll pass as I have the first ADV release.

Getting the Manga UK dub for Mamo is pretty impressive in itself, but the fact that they've somehow managed to get the Toho dub with Peter Fernandez is really going that extra mile.

I'm consistently impressed by Discotek and would be willing to carry their staff back from no-man's-land during a horrible trench war if they can secure the Manga UK dub for their upcoming release of Space Adventure Cobra.

Professor Irony said:
I'm consistently impressed by Discotek and would be willing to carry their staff back from no-man's-land during a horrible trench war if they can secure the Manga UK dub for their upcoming release of Space Adventure Cobra.

I thought I read somewhere that this was a problem because of the PAL timing being different, though that doesn't explain everything, it seems.

Cool rescues but I have them already and don't watch dubs. Looking forward to the hints for their other Lupin special acquisition to bear fruit, however.

R

In the case of Cobra, I think it could be an issue with getting rights for the replacement Yello soundtrack.

I didn't realise they had any further Lupin specials in the pipeline though. Might be nice if they could put Bye-Bye Liberty Crisis out again.

Steins;Gate English Cast Revealed:

Okabe - J. Michael Tatum
Makise - Trina Nishimura
Mayuri - Jackie Ross
Daru - Tyson Rinehart
Suzuha - Cherami Leigh
John Titor - Patrick Seitz
Mr. Braun - Christopher R. Sabat
Nae - Brina Palencia
Ruka - Lindsay Seidel
Moeka - Jessica Cavanagh

Colleen Clinkenbeard is the ADR Director and Line Producer, with John Burgmeier as Head Writer and Stephen Hoff as ADR Engineer.

The English dub premiere will be at Otakon in America this weekend and the first volume is out there in September.

Good luck Tatum...Miyano's Okabe will be tough (or rather, impossible) to beat.

Just Passing Through said:
Manga Tweet about Madoka Magica makes for interesting reading...

MM is not going 2 stay at this price 4 long and we may have to delete it after the initial run and go back to single volumes

That's quite unusual indeed, I'll never understand these licensor requirements. I wasn't sure about picking up Madoka Magica, but if that turns out to be the case I'll stick in a pre-order for it while it's still £28 at HMV.

Why Jerome came out with that answer to a question about Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle is another mystery altogether :p

Ath said:
Just Passing Through said:
Manga Tweet about Madoka Magica makes for interesting reading...

MM is not going 2 stay at this price 4 long and we may have to delete it after the initial run and go back to single volumes

That's quite unusual indeed, I'll never understand these licensor requirements. I wasn't sure about picking up Madoka Magica, but if that turns out to be the case I'll stick in a pre-order for it while it's still £28 at HMV.

Why Jerome came out with that answer to a question about Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle is another mystery altogether :p

Good bit of info that about HMV, dusted off my account and put a pre-order in place. Interesting to see it says 3 disc BR everywhere and not a combo like expected tho.

I wonder how they got permission to do a multi pack if the liscensor is asking for future runs to be singles, must of slipped under the radar I guess. Overall assuming you have a multi region BR the UK release is going to be the cheapest available it seems. (for non-uk English speaking territories I mean)

Er, that sounds a bit odd. They're allowed to sell Madoka cheap, but just for a while? I've never heard of anything like that before, and wouldn't be surprised if the release plan changed. Best get that order in anyway...

Raising the price is weird enough but to design and resolicit it as singles after the collection? I don't understand why local companies accept and encourage the obviously strange restrictions the rights holders try to put on things ^^; it's not like there's any danger of it being snatched by the roaring competition.

R

Back