The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Its complicated enough with the law here where it feels like walking on egg shells. If its illegal to look at such drawing then should they forbid the reading of texts that contain that material too? There's only so much the justice system can fit in so surely it would be better spent focusing on dealing with images with actual victims?
I don't think I'll ever understand the mentality that written words or drawn images are not just personally objectionable to certain people but dangerous, dangerous to all society to the point they need to be prohibited and those who create them made to feel the force of the law. It's liberty infringing authoritarianism and if people are seeking to apply it to one thing, in order for those people not to be hypocrites they'd have to be in favour of applying it to all similarly illegal things in fiction - So no more games, films or TV shows (maybe even books) featuring violence or murder that would be illegal if it were real either. Hell, they might as well be in favour of bringing back the blasphemy laws while they're at it because some religious people don't like it when people say or create things which go against their religious beliefs. I understand and respect a lot of people's beliefs even if I don't share them, but this I will never be able to comprehend.

Last edited:
Maybe better to wait until they've aired at least one episode before deciding they're crap. All 3 seem perfectly watchable to me, Teacher!? a bit on the lewd side though. 😶

There must be a line where the fiction defense ends. Basing it on real people could be the line.

The law used to only apply to realistic drawings or tracings and I completely get that kind of restriction. But with how its been extended, film reminded too much of the hysteria based on violent video games. So much focus what people who view such material 'might' do,

Lots of HIDIVE stuff I need to catch up on, both newer shows and dubs of old ones. It sometimes feels like they're deliberately avoiding the streaming devices/platforms I use with my TV.

Back