The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Rena Ryuugu said:
Looks like it does as the running time for it has 625 minutes while MVM's has 600. Better start saving my monies up :D Don't know what to do with the blu rays yet.

A sudden thought has struck me, what with PAL speedup of 4% a 625 minute NTSC series works out at around the 600 minute mark. Perhaps the OAV is an extra and not counted within the main running time?

fabricatedlunatic said:
I read that Aniplex part-funded the Welcome to the Space Show dub with a view to selling it to a US distributor, which might explain the presence of R.O.D. Blu-ray trailers on Manga's discs. But who knows...

The two most likely reasons for the trailer to be there:

!) it is going to be released on BD in the UK, either through Manga who are under NDA or through someone else, like MVM (Kadokawa USA put trailers for The Third, released through Nozomi, on some of their discs released by other distributors - I think I had them on Lucky Star)

2) the masters that Manga are using were authored in the US and Aniplex is planning on using the same masters there (as happened with Xam'd where Manga used Sentai's masters, including their trailers)

The latter would be particularly galling considering Aniplex has blocked direct export of their ROD BDs outside the US and Canada.

Is This A Zombie? Cast list:

Austin Tindle as Ayumu Aikawa
Cherami Leigh as Eucliwood Hellscythe
Jad Saxton as Haruna

Anthony Bowling as Orito
Brittney Karbowski as Yuki “Tomonori” Yoshida
Caitlin Glass as Saras
Emerick Jade as Kanami Mihara
Eric Vale as King of the Night
Erica Harte as Taeko Hiramatsu
Lindsay Seidel as Kyoko
Monica Rial as Head Teacher
Morgan Garrett as Seraphim
Mark Stoddard as Kerberos Wansard

source

Rosario+Vampire will be released by MVM on DVD in the UK.

Season 1 AOL
Release date: September 3rd 2012

Season 2 AOL
Release date: October 8th 2012

Shiroi Hane said:
fabricatedlunatic said:
I read that Aniplex part-funded the Welcome to the Space Show dub with a view to selling it to a US distributor, which might explain the presence of R.O.D. Blu-ray trailers on Manga's discs. But who knows...

The two most likely reasons for the trailer to be there:

!) it is going to be released on BD in the UK, either through Manga who are under NDA or through someone else, like MVM (Kadokawa USA put trailers for The Third, released through Nozomi, on some of their discs released by other distributors - I think I had them on Lucky Star)

2) the masters that Manga are using were authored in the US and Aniplex is planning on using the same masters there (as happened with Xam'd where Manga used Sentai's masters, including their trailers)

The latter would be particularly galling considering Aniplex has blocked direct export of their ROD BDs outside the US and Canada.

How about another option,

3) The trailer is for a Madman ROD bd release - According to Wikipedia Madman still have the rights to both ROD TV & OVA while in th UK MVM has ROD TV while noone is listed as having the OVA.

Looks like there has been some discussions going on, and the guys who work on the Transformers movies are now planning to adapt some of the sci-fi novels from japan into live-action, including Mardock Scramble

Source: Crunchyroll

Murphy is currently developing a Captain Planet movie.
I really didn't think Hollywood could scrape any more out of the minor superhero barrel, but clearly I underestimated them.

Obviously there is still plenty of foreign cinema for them to badly remake though.

Here ya go! From Manga!

"I'm happy to confirm we will release Madoka Magica onw 3 disc DVD and Blu-ray on 22-Oct. DVD is £29.99 RRP and BD is £39.99."

I take it people have heard of the new Toonami block on Adult swim, currently airing "Deadman Wonderland" from it's premiere back the 26-27 this month.

Just thought I'd air that about, see whether this was only America's Adult Swim channel or what

Lawrence said:
easily one of the better experiences I had in the cinema last year.
What are the culprits of your less agreeable incidents? Suspiciously adhesive seats? Crispy floors? The youthful cinema-going proletariat en masse?

Otaku-san said:
I take it people have heard of the new Toonami block on Adult swim, currently airing "Deadman Wonderland" from it's premiere back the 26-27 this month.

Just thought I'd air that about, see whether this was only America's Adult Swim channel or what
Yeah, it's only America unfortunately.

Greg Ayres is terrible as Ganta though >>

Terror-Cotta to release Gyo as Tokyo Shark Attack in the UK this August.It isn't very often that we see anime licensed outside of the usual suspects, but on this occasion it makes perfect sense, with the news coming via its appearance on the Amazon web site that the horror anime movie Gyo has been licensed for release by the horror arm of Terracotta Distribution, Terror-Cotta.

The film, animated by UFOtable and based upon a manga series by Junji Ito, tells the story of an invasion of Japan by fish with mechanical legs. Where they came from becomes secondary as the real question is simply - how do you survive when sharks are roaming on open land?

For its UK DVD release, slated for August 20th, Terro-Cotta have opted to rename the film as Tokyo Shark Attack

http://www.uk-anime.net/newsitem/Terror ... ugust.html

Just Passing Through said:
And for some bizarre reason, Kaze have submitted Black Lagoon to be rated all over again. This time on a by episode basis.
Two possibilites spring to mind: individual episode ratings for possible future digital distribution of some kind, or just the BBFC being pricks because the BD hasn't been released previously. Maybe they looked at the different running times due to PAL speedup and decided it had to be rated again.

Back