The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Not sure if this has been posted before, had a quick check and couldn't see it anywhere - Madman's release of Cardcaptor Sakura has seen volume one's release date slip back to September, due 'unforseen issues'. Upshot appears to be that the best possible masters will be available for the release.

Joshawott said:
Doesn't surprise me that it contains the OVA - FUNimation's reissue of Geneon's boxset has it.
Hmm wonder if S2 will include the OVA from MVM...

I have no desire to double dip just for the OVA.

reborn said:
Joshawott said:
Doesn't surprise me that it contains the OVA - FUNimation's reissue of Geneon's boxset has it.
Hmm wonder if S2 will include the OVA from MVM...

I have no desire to double dip just for the OVA.
Possibly. But in the grand view of things, the OVA isn't that important to the story, so it wouldn't surprise me if it was let to slip through the cracks.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/ ... od-blu-ray

Manga Entertainment tweeted regarding its upcoming release of Welcome to THE SPACE SHOW on July 2: "Bonus features: ROD BD trailer, Director interview, Making of..."

The OAV version of Read or Die was released by Manga on DVD in 2003. The later TV series, R.O.D -The TV-, was released by MVM. Both series involve female warriors with the power to use paper as a weapon, inspired by the Read or Die and Read or Dream manga by Hideyuki Kurata.

If Manga can release a BD of both the ROD OVA & TV at a cheapish price I'd buy it (the Aniplex USA release wasn't worth the price in my opinion as I already own the Geneon dvds).

mangaman74 said:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/2012-05-29/manga-mentions-rod-blu-ray

Manga Entertainment tweeted regarding its upcoming release of Welcome to THE SPACE SHOW on July 2: "Bonus features: ROD BD trailer, Director interview, Making of..."

The OAV version of Read or Die was released by Manga on DVD in 2003. The later TV series, R.O.D -The TV-, was released by MVM. Both series involve female warriors with the power to use paper as a weapon, inspired by the Read or Die and Read or Dream manga by Hideyuki Kurata.

If Manga can release a BD of both the ROD OVA & TV at a cheapish price I'd buy it (the Aniplex USA release wasn't worth the price in my opinion as I already own the Geneon dvds).

I asked Manga about this yesterday and they flat out denied it, but they denied DBZ too :wink: Either that or they were just being literal when answering my question...

Shiki was very recent in the US though, I'd expect a little more of a gap for the UK still. And UN-GO is definitely a sexy pickup! Though, I'd been particularly hoping to get that on BD since the sublime ending sequence looked as though it would benefit from the format.

If nobody else says anything before then I'll buy it in August anyway. Have to support Siren's magnificent taste and business model, and I can always buy it again later if a BD appears (or belatedly get it from Japan if I see a good deal).

R

Sentai announced the Un-Go licence last year, but they haven't declared a release date, or BD/DVD options yet. They did licence the Un-Go episode:0 Inga-ron prequel though, so unless Siren have that, it may still be worth waiting.

Ooh, I hadn't noticed (or, more likely, forgot). Thanks :D

If Siren are speeding it out for this summer, hopefully Sentai will solicit it soon as well.

R

Just Passing Through said:
They's also got Shiki BD and DVD coming out that month. Weren't Manga supposed to be releasing that? I suppose that's gone the way of Kenichi.
Yeah, I thought it was supposed to be released around the July period. time to tweet Manga.

I read that Aniplex part-funded the Welcome to the Space Show dub with a view to selling it to a US distributor, which might explain the presence of R.O.D. Blu-ray trailers on Manga's discs. But who knows...

Manga tweeted:

"So, to make it up to you all I have a new announcement for you. We got #Towanoquon and will release entire season on dvd in November."

Rui said:
Ooh, I hadn't noticed (or, more likely, forgot). Thanks :D

If Siren are speeding it out for this summer, hopefully Sentai will solicit it soon as well.

R

People are expecting a dub for Un-Go, which it will get from Sentai if it's released on Blu. That might take longer.

Dannielle said:
Manga tweeted:

"So, to make it up to you all I have a new announcement for you. We got #Towanoquon and will release entire season on dvd in November."
"Entire season"? It's only six OVAs, albeit they're 45 minutes long. Would have thought they'd try a BD release for something like this.

Back