The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

I'm sure the Black Lagoon DVDs were NTSC > PAL conversions, and therefore had the same running time as the Blu-rays. (EDIT: The new DVD release might well be a native PAL conversion, so that could be it). The digital distribution angle seems more likely, though it could just be that someone dun goofed.

Could it be that the announcement Andrew has been holding up on for AoD being download to own? Interesting if so considering Funimation dropped this.

I guess those pre-season rumours that Kore wa Zombie desu ka of the Dead would be only 10 episodes long were true after all.

Japanese publisher Fujimi Shobo's official Twitter account for the comedy franchsie Is This a Zombie? confirmed on Wednesday that next week's episode of the television anime series Is This a Zombie? of the Dead is also the last episode. The account indicated that after the 10th and final episode airs, the anime's official website will have a "super, super, super important announcement."

Ath said:
I guess those pre-season rumours that Kore wa Zombie desu ka of the Dead would be only 10 episodes long were true after all.

Japanese publisher Fujimi Shobo's official Twitter account for the comedy franchsie Is This a Zombie? confirmed on Wednesday that next week's episode of the television anime series Is This a Zombie? of the Dead is also the last episode. The account indicated that after the 10th and final episode airs, the anime's official website will have a "super, super, super important announcement."
Movie by chance?

reborn said:
Ath said:

Movie by chance?
I imagine it'll be 2 movies - with the first one being a recap.

The account indicated that after the 10th and final episode airs, the anime's official website will have a "super, super, super important announcement."
Wanton exaggeration. It is most probably only super important. To call it so much as super, super important would be to aggrandise shamelessly.

Zin5ki said:
The account indicated that after the 10th and final episode airs, the anime's official website will have a "super, super, super important announcement."
Wanton exaggeration. It is most probably only super important. To call it so much as super, super important would be to aggrandise shamelessly.

Zin5ki, may I just compliment you on being the most eloquent duck I have ever encountered.

Might rebuy Shana? I don't know.

Absolutely love Siren Visual's reply to that Facebook post with 'Jack, at time of release, all of our noitaminA DVD's are "unreleased in the West".'

Arbalest said:
Thought this may interest some, though wasn't worth a full news post. Gundam Unicorn has been extended to 7 episodes instead of 6
Such GDLK news.

Doraemon666 said:
Well hot-damn, I guess that increases my monthly order items by 1 for the next three+ years. Great price, though, I guess.

Joshawott said:
Princess Jellyfish due out on 3rd September
Also, it will be available in a strictly limited 3-disc edition with a Jellyfish plushie.
As in, I will be quite Jelly if I don't get this Fish Plushie, yes.

XY8lDl.jpg

Just Passing Through said:
If you want to watch Shangri-La online, now's your last chance.

After 22nd June the series is coming off Crunchyroll, mainly cos Funimation are releasing it, and wil probably stream it themselves, locked to the US.
Awesome, thanks as always Funi, you massive, massive shower of ****.

Joshawott said:
"Children Who Chase Lost Voices From Deep Below" has been renamed to "Journey to Agartha".
Wow. Try to make it sound a little bit more generic and less enticing, please. I guess crazy Westerners can only handle seriously descriptive film titles - "The Indian in the Cupboard", "The Englishman Who Went Up a Hill But Came Down a Mountain", and "Salmon Fishing in the Yemen" must be the holy grail for these guys!

I was, however, going to point out that the Japanese title was actually "Children Who Chase Stars" ("Children who Chase Lost Voices from Deep Below" was the English language subtitle - the same way that "The voices of a distant star" was the EN sub on "Voices of a Star", "The place promised in our early days" was a subtitle for "Beyond the Clouds, The Place Promised", and "5 Centimeters Per Second" was actually 'changed' to its original JP title instead of using the subtitular "a chain of short stories about their distance") but...

kaze_andrew said:
As I was saying elsewhere, actually it still has "The Children Who Chase Lost Voices" as a subtitle - so it is still there too :)
I guess they covered that. ^^;

"Journey to Agartha" is so much less... pretty, though, compared to the titles of the other movies, far less romantic.

When I saw the Journey to Agartha poster at Expo I actually didn't twig it was even the same movie, until my friend got tired of me being blind and pointed it out. I just parsed the unfamiliar name and then focused on other things, assuming it was something not to my tastes ^^;

R

Journey to Agartha sounds to me like a cheap Narnia rip-off. It's yet another 'what were they thinking' moment.

And pleeease Funi, let the Shana BluRays be region AB.

Sentai announced the Un-Go licence last year, but they haven't declared a release date, or BD/DVD options yet. They did licence the Un-Go episode:0 Inga-ron prequel though, so unless Siren have that, it may still be worth waiting.

Siren have just posted on Facebook that they do have the prequel...

And some exclusive goodies for early pre-orderers.

ilmaestro said:
If you want to watch Shangri-La online, now's your last chance.

After 22nd June the series is coming off Crunchyroll, mainly cos Funimation are releasing it, and wil probably stream it themselves, locked to the US.
Awesome, thanks as always Funi, you massive, massive shower of ****.
FUNimation may not even have UK rights* and if they don't Crunchyroll probably could still stream it everywhere else if they wanted to. If they do, then it will probably be made available on YouTube in some fashion.

* I believe the only Gonzo show FUNi have any UK rights to is Kiddy Grade, which was licensed from Kadokawa. Saying that, FUNimation's copyright footer for this show reads "©2008 Eiichi Ikegami/KADOKAWA SHOTEN/SHANGRI-LA Partners. Licensed by FUNimation® Productions, Ltd. All Rights Reserved."

Rui said:
When I saw the Journey to Agartha poster at Expo I actually didn't twig it was even the same movie, until my friend got tired of me being blind and pointed it out.
Were you present on Saturday?

Zin5ki said:
Rui said:
When I saw the Journey to Agartha poster at Expo I actually didn't twig it was even the same movie, until my friend got tired of me being blind and pointed it out.
Were you present on Saturday?

I may have been >_> <_<

R

one piece collection 7 out

14/8/12

http://www.google.co.uk/url?q=http://ww ... 6o0o6xcOYA

im so getting this im a huge one piece fan, iv ordered one piece collection 6,

seriously those who first looked at one piece and thought ok this looks silly and im not watching it

you shoul totally give it a shot its better the naruto shippuden, bleach, and yes im going to say it.................... dragonball z........... i like dragon ball z and a fan but one piece is freakin awesome

Lawrence said:
That's probably because One Piece is a little more balanced and Oda seems to plan a little more ahead than Toriyama. Take for example a rather recent climax to an arc - that probably happened about a year ago now - said conclusion had been planned for a good five years.

i know i can tell

example

dragon ball z was suppose to end at the cell games but ended up making the buu saga and fans go about saying * wait what happened to buu in trunks time line and toriyama he was planning to stop at cell but he was pressured to do it and didn't have a lot of time,

but one piece is freaking awesome i bet Oda has a good laugh making the manga you can tell hes enjoying him self creating it

Believe in me who believes in the you who believes in the One Piece

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TasIkQc6gX4?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TasIkQc6gX4?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

shiver my timber

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7uX0p0QdAi4?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7uX0p0QdAi4?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Shiroi Hane said:
FUNimation may not even have UK rights* and if they don't Crunchyroll probably could still stream [Shangri-La] everywhere else if they wanted to. If they do, then it will probably be made available on YouTube in some fashion.
You will forgive me if I don't see what Funi have done in the last few years to receive the benefit of any doubt.

Lawrence said:
That's probably because One Piece is a little more balanced and Oda seems to plan a little more ahead than Toriyama.
Toriyama had Dragon Ball planned out to a fully acceptable extent, until he was forced to continue the series past where he wanted it to end.

Back