The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

According to the Persona Europe Facebook It looks like at the airing of the final episode/movie of Persona 4, a Persona 3 movie was teased. As to what extent, it seems to be fairly vague, so we'll have to wait for more before we can see if it's a full adaptation or not.

Saying that, if it was only one movie for the whole of Persona 3, i'd be a little worried. I don't think they could cover that with just one film.

My head hurts just reading that article. I don't have a good feeling about these legal wranglings on either side.

R

Just Passing Through said:
The least surprising news I have ever heard...

Strike Witches 2 slips to September.

I won't be surprised if it slips further.

Bound to happen given it's not out in the US yet (though Sept is the date people seem to be predicting for them aswell), plus I was looking round the bbfc website and saw no sign of a rating yesterday. Mind you I couldn't find Angel beats on their site either and thats due in 2 weeks.

Ian Wolf said:
If this is the case, I suppose you could argue that Manga Entertainment has a monopoly of anime in the UK.

I'd argue it's more behaviour than being the only company that is releasing stuff. Manga didn't kill off Beez, and MvM is still alive, arguably Manga might be trying to kill themselves off.

Sounds like it's getting pretty intense, I couldn't see how Funimation thought they were owed money from a business deal that went bad between other companies and now it's aledged they caused some of the issues deliberately.

All I can say is this is going to end badly.

Rosencrantz said:

Bound to happen given it's not out in the US yet (though Sept is the date people seem to be predicting for them aswell), plus I was looking round the bbfc website and saw no sign of a rating yesterday. Mind you I couldn't find Angel beats on their site either and thats due in 2 weeks.

Angel Beats! appeared on the BBFC website eariler today.

Disc 1 episodes 1-9 - 12
Disc 2 episodes 10-13 + OVA - PG

Titan said:
Rosencrantz said:

Disc 1 episodes 1-9 - 12

Hmm, classified today, kinda cutting it close if they are releasing on the 25th, did they just guess really well that it'd be a 12 or are we looking at a delay I wonder

...Strike Witches 2 delayed? *sigh* Why wasn't that unexpected?

Tiger & Bunny cast announcements:
Mr. Lloyds - Daran Norris (Morgan and Cowboy Andy in Cowboy Bebop, Cosmo and Mr. Turner in Fairly Odd Parents)
Kaede Kaburagi - Eden Riegel (Rurichiyō in Bleach)
Doc Saito - Dave Wittenberg (Kakashi in Naruto, Saito in Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex)
Ben Jackson - Beau Billingslea (Jet in Cowboy Bebop, Fourth Raikage in Naruto Shippuden and Outlaw Star's narrator).

Rosencrantz said:
Titan said:
Rosencrantz said:

Disc 1 episodes 1-9 - 12

Hmm, classified today, kinda cutting it close if they are releasing on the 25th, did they just guess really well that it'd be a 12 or are we looking at a delay I wonder

I’m guessing Angel Beats! was probably classified 2 or 3 weeks ago and the bbfc are just updating their website now.

Titan said:
Rosencrantz said:
Titan said:
Rosencrantz said:

Disc 1 episodes 1-9 - 12

I’m guessing Angel Beats! was probably classified 2 or 3 weeks ago and the bbfc are just updating their website now.

Angel Beats was originally due in April, so who knows when it was actually assessed?

animefreak17 said:
if strike witches 2 gets cut let me know in-fact let me know if any anime gets cut
From the looks of Strike Witches' box art, MangaUK must be confident that Strike Witches 2 is going to be a 12. Considering the first season was uncut as a 12 (which surprised me if I'm honest), I think season 2 will be fine.

Hell, they let Mardock Scramble's Directors Cut through uncut with an 18 and that included brief scenes of Rune being molested by her father - just the mention of that resulted in this warning on the rating for the theatrical edition (15):
Contains strong bloody violence, nudity and sexual abuse references

Last edited by a moderator:
Joshawott said:
XAM'D Complete Collection is faulty

Come on MangaUK, it's the MENUS ON DISC 1. Where the hell is the quality control?! How can that be missed?!

Wow that's just sad. Why did they even re-do the disc compared to the original release? Surely they just run more copies of the 1st and 2nd set and put them in 1 box? Hell I kinda always imagined interns removing discs from the unsold singles/half seasons and putting them into the collections.

Back