The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Rosencrantz said:
Joshawott said:
XAM'D Complete Collection is faulty

Come on MangaUK, it's the MENUS ON DISC 1. Where the hell is the quality control?! How can that be missed?!

Wow that's just sad. Why did they even re-do the disc compared to the original release? Surely they just run more copies of the 1st and 2nd set and put them in 1 box? Hell I kinda always imagined interns removing discs from the unsold singles/half seasons and putting them into the collections.

Yeah, I imagine that would normally be S.O.P. every single other box set that has ever existed has simply been the old discs in a new box (sometimes just all the old discs AND boxes in a slightly bigger box. It seems like an awful lot of fuss for a re-release to mess with it =/

edit: Seems they started explaining: "Cock up! We discovered the faulty menus on disc 1 of Xamd series 1 part 1 and fixed the discs. However, when we rereleased Xamd as"
and then didn't finish. I guess that makes sense in a way...

Sparrowsabre7 said:
edit: Seems they started explaining: "Cock up! We discovered the faulty menus on disc 1 of Xamd series 1 part 1 and fixed the discs. However, when we rereleased Xamd as"
and then didn't finish. I guess that makes sense in a way...
They finished replying to me a few hours later... The full message reads:

Cock up! We discovered the faulty menus on disc 1 of Xamd series 1 part 1 and fixed the discs. However, when we rereleased Xamd as a complete series collection we packaged it with the original faulty disc! We have recalled effected stock and replaced the disc.

Cock up indeed. :roll:

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Joshawott said:
Media Blasters have cancelled their Bakuman blu-rays. Source.

Ah ****... I hope this doesn't stop the rest of the series eventually making its way over here...

Apparently the dub has been completed on Season 2, it just awaits paying for. The source is Mania, but Firefox is currently listing that as an attack site. Go there with adblock if you dare. I'll look for another link in the meantime...

EDIT: Here's a link to Fandom Post, but beware that it also links to Mania

In other news

NISA have announced the extra goody to come with Bunny Drop a.k.a. Usagi Drop

It's a fridge magnet photo frame thingy...

Just Passing Through said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:
Joshawott said:
Media Blasters have cancelled their Bakuman blu-rays. Source.

Ah ****... I hope this doesn't stop the rest of the series eventually making its way over here...

Apparently the dub has been completed on Season 2, it just awaits paying for. The source is Mania, but Firefox is currently listing that as an attack site. Go there with adblock if you dare. I'll look for another link in the meantime...

EDIT: Here's a link to Fandom Post, but beware that it also links to Mania

In other news

NISA have announced the extra goody to come with Bunny Drop a.k.a. Usagi Drop

It's a fridge magnet photo frame thingy...
Do...do NISA ship internationally?

EDIT:
Hatsune Miku is NOT playing at the Olympics

Was anyone ever seriously expecting her to be? Hell, when my older brother tried to sell someone Lang Lang the other day, they retorted "Eww, but he's Chinese!". Enough said.

Joshawott said:

Unless something's changed, I believe they do but at a price. They used to be fairly kind when filling in their customs forms though.

I should really watch my R4 set so I can decide whether or not to plump for the R1 as well, before the latter goes out of print >_>;

R

Rui said:
Joshawott said:

Unless something's changed, I believe they do but at a price. They used to be fairly kind when filling in their customs forms though.

I should really watch my R4 set so I can decide whether or not to plump for the R1 as well, before the latter goes out of print >_>;

R
I see *looks at bank balance*. When you are filled up we shall have to see.

Because that photo frame is just adorable.

Madman Ent licence

Ghibli's From Up On Poppy Hill
Hosoda's Wolf Children

so that's the PAL step to UK release cleared...

and they also license

Shinkai's Children Who Chase Lost Voices...

so another import option for those who don't like name changes and upside down spines...

Back