The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Oreimo's cheaper re-release will be available from 10th July, with pre-orders opening on 4th June as a Right Stuf exclusive. Will include all 12 episodes as well as 4 video episodes, a double-sided DVD wrap (does that even count as a special feature any more?), an O-sleeve case and a double sided poster.
Source

What's that money? You want to be spent. Well, as long as AniplexUSA don't decide to make it only available to be sent to the US and Canada.

Also, "Mardock Scramble: The Third Exhaust" has been given a Japanese release date of 29th September. The second film, "The Second Combustion" is out in Japan on DVD/BD on 25th July. Source.

EDIT:
Hold on...the Mardock Scramble BDs have English subs? [/SoTempted]

The UK release for the second series of Baka and Test, which was scheduled for July, will now be in January 2013. This is due to Funimation pushing the release date back themselves and the fact that the English dub isn't ready yet.

Source: ANN

Ian Wolf said:
The UK release for the second series of Baka and Test, which was scheduled for July, will now be in January 2013. This is due to Funimation pushing the release date back themselves and the fact that the English dub isn't ready yet.

Source: ANN
As expected unfortunately.

EDIT:
The standard Oreimo set is now up for pre-order on RightStuf. Link. Including international shipping, £35.73. Nothing yet to suggest that they'll ship only to US/Canada.

EDIT 2:
Michael Sinterniklaas (Shaman King's Horo Horo "Trey", 2003 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle's Leonardo) has been cast as Origami Cyclone in Tiger & Bunny.

Rena Ryuugu said:
If UP gets any of the Oreimo re-release in, I will defintely be getting it, as I loved the show when it was airing. Kuroneko <3

They deal with Animeplex direct so im sure they will have stock, we just need to wait till weds or so for them to be back at work. That or for the normal friday/sat catalogue update.

I've pre-ordered my Oreimo set from Rightstuf. Including postage, came to just under £37 (excluding customs).

I can't imagine UP1 charging less than that anyway. When I compare how much Aniplex charge for the Madoka sets and how much UP1 have to charge...it makes me shudder. But I have no choice but to get those from UP1.

Joshawott said:
I've pre-ordered my Oreimo set from Rightstuf. Including postage, came to just under £37 (excluding customs).

I can't imagine UP1 charging less than that anyway. When I compare how much Aniplex charge for the Madoka sets and how much UP1 have to charge...it makes me shudder. But I have no choice but to get those from UP1.

They are a bit more expensive yes, im wondering how much of a customs hit you normally recieve, and if they also levy a handling fee - those always seem to be massive.

Looking at UP prices for Madoka BR only and the RRP for this set I reckon it's going to come in at about the £38 mark on their site. You have to add postage ofc but that's not so bad overall.

Rosencrantz said:
Joshawott said:

They are a bit more expensive yes, im wondering how much of a customs hit you normally recieve, and if they also levy a handling fee - those always seem to be massive.

Looking at UP prices for Madoka BR only and the RRP for this set I reckon it's going to come in at about the £38 mark on their site. You have to add postage ofc but that's not so bad overall.
Including $11 international postage, Rightstuf will cost me around £37. If I do get hit with customs, there will be the £7 handling fee anyway, so I'm going to give a rough estimate of having to pay £50.

Is anything not coming out this autumn?! It's going to be absolutely packed with long-awaited movies! The tiny gap between the two films somehow makes it seem more exciting.

R

Dragging fans' enthusiasm out for recaps is the usual thing though.

On T&B, these days Kotetsu is a lot more popular. I would totally vote Barnaby though :p

R

Btooom is getting an anime. By Madhouse no less.

The anime studio MADHOUSE is producing a television anime adaptation of Junya Inoue's Btoom! manga. The story centers around Ryūta Sakamoto, a NEET (Not in Education, Employment, or Training) young man and a top-ranked player in the online combat game Btoom! One day, he wakes up on a tropical island without remembering how he got there. He sees a figure in the distance and asks for help. However, the figure responds by throwing something at Ryūta — a "BIM" bomb. In that moment, Ryūta comes to realize two things: one, his own life is in danger, and two, he is now in the world of Btoom!

Awesomeness. I'd love a Cage of Eden adaptation as well!

Back