The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Still fifteen quid with pre-order price guarantee at Amazon at the time of writing. Might be a good idea for people to order now if you expect the price is going to go up - it's £17.99 at Play.

Still £12 for the DVD as well on Amazon and HMV.

Has the RRP gone up for Fairy Tail as well? HMV is selling the latest part of FT for £32 (RRP: £29.99). But then again the age certificates websites are providing for FT don't seem to match the actual rating as well...

"Children Who Chase Lost Voices From Deep Below" has been renamed to "Journey to Agartha".

Source.

Personally, I prefer the Japanese title (although could it have hurt them to just shorten it to something like "Chiildren Who Chase Lost Voices"?)

fabricatedlunatic said:
I will be buying that even if I have to subsist solely on Pot Noodles between now and the autumn. Assuming UP will be offering it, of course.

I asked UP about Madoka, what with it aparantly being limited to certain distributors and their reply was that they deal with Aniplex directly and failing that one of their suppliers does aswell.

I'll buy Bakemonogatari if it's cheapish. I already have it, so it will just be so my husband can watch and stop spoilering himself looking at figures.

R

Joshawott said:
"Children Who Chase Lost Voices From Deep Below" has been renamed to "Journey to Agartha".
Whilst I don't wish to sound uncharitable, has a release already been announced for R1 or R4?

Joshawott said:

Source.

Personally, I prefer the Japanese title (although could it have hurt them to just shorten it to something like "Chiildren Who Chase Lost Voices"?)
Agreed. "Journey to Agartha" sounds like a completely different movie.

Guess what FUNimation are releasing on 31st August?

71YAhi59WGL._AA1124_.jpg

Day.Fecking.Made!

Source

I see a difference, but it definitely isn't as different as say, the Ninja Scroll BD.

I'll still buy it; if anything, to show FUNimation that I will also buy season 2 and 3.

Joshawott said:

Source.

As I was saying elsewhere, actually it still has "The Children Who Chase Lost Voices" as a subtitle - so it is still there too :).

Andrew

I wonder if FUNimation will use the Japanese masters or if they'll do a new HD remaster themselves.

kaze_andrew said:
Joshawott said:

Source.

As I was saying elsewhere, actually it still has "The Children Who Chase Lost Voices" as a subtitle - so it is still there too :).

Andrew
*Looks at the Expo poster*
Oh wait, I see it....the photo quality wasn't great so I had to squint a bit, but yeah it's there.

All is good.

EDIT:
I asked MVM whether Shana II will be on Blu-ray or not. They've said it's too early to tell and that it will probably depend on how well Broken Blade sells. Better than an outright no =3. Source.

Joshawott said:
Guess what FUNimation are releasing on 31st August?

71YAhi59WGL._AA1124_.jpg

Just looked at the running time and seems it's contains the season 1 OVA, which I'm missing, so I will be double dipping since I already own the MVM singles. I'm not that interested in the blu ray since all I want is that OVA. Plus the cover is adorable <3

Looks like it does as the running time for it has 625 minutes while MVM's has 600. Better start saving my monies up :D Don't know what to do with the blu rays yet.

Back