The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

I have no interest in the series however i'll probably buy this depending on price and other releases at the time just to support more of these types of releases.

ayase said:
Three discs? BD/DVD combo then, or not? The US combo release was four discs, wasn't it?
Three discs must mean DVD-only, unless they're doing a separate Blu-ray edition. No way they'll be cramming 11 episodes plus all the extras onto one BD.

It's a step in the right direction, though.

fabricatedlunatic said:
ayase said:
Three discs? BD/DVD combo then, or not? The US combo release was four discs, wasn't it?
Three discs must mean DVD-only, unless they're doing a separate Blu-ray edition. No way they'll be cramming 11 episodes plus all the extras onto one BD.
I thought it was probably a bit much to hope for (maybe two BDs and 11 episodes crammed onto a very lossy DVD? I'd go for that and be one coaster up). But then that means they're splitting 11 episodes over three DVDs when the US release was only over two? That's unheard of these days.

MikeP said:
A recent tweet suggests otherwise, it looks like they are releasing Princess Jellyfish BDs with preorders expected to be up some time tomorrow.
Huh. But this is another reason I hate the half-sentences of twitter - What "includes #SacredStarofMilos #PrincessJellyfish #BlackLagoon BDs etc"?

It would make sense if it's a Kaze release, as I think they put all their 11-13 episode series over three discs.

Regarding that tweet, it's unclear whether Jerome is referring to BDs for all those series or just Black Lagoon, which we know for sure is coming.

MikeP said:
A recent tweet suggests otherwise, it looks like they are releasing Princess Jellyfish BDs with preorders expected to be up some time tomorrow.

That could be kind of interesting. Guess we will have to wait and see. It's still more likely to be a replication of the french release though I guess?!

I wonder if pre-order bonuses involving Blu-rays could ever work at a store limited level possibly on any future releases? Probably not possible for Anime I guess, but you never know?

animefreak17 said:
Joshawott said:

if its real thats great if its a joke those a*******
It's Steve Blum, why would he joke about something like that?

EDIT: 26th May 2012.

Now, come here! Then again, Adult Swim still needs a UK home, right?

EDIT 2:

The first of the Tiger & Bunny cast announcements!
Sky High (Keith Goodman) will be played by Patrick Seitz (Isshin Kurosaki in Bleach, Laxus in Fairy Tail).

Joshawott said:
animefreak17 said:
Joshawott said:

if its real thats great if its a joke those a*******
It's Steve Blum, why would he joke about something like that?

EDIT: 26th May 2012.

Now, come here! Then again, Adult Swim still needs a UK home, right?

EDIT 2:

The first of the Tiger & Bunny cast announcements!
Sky High (Keith Goodman) will be played by Patrick Seitz (Isshin Kurosaki in Bleach, Laxus in Fairy Tail).

just saying,

The French sequel to Mysterious Cities of Gold is starting to look more like a thing which is actually happening.

Much as I enjoyed the original series, I have very mixed feelings about them bringing it back. It ended quite conclusively, as I recall...

My older sister grew up watching The Mysterious Cities of Gold and was always telling me to give it a go some day. The original looks really interesting, I might have to nab the boxset at some point. I'll let my sister know about this sequel, she should be excited!

More Tiger & Bunny voices!:
Albert Maverick - Jamieson K. Price (Bleach's Chad, Code Giass's Diethard Ried)
Kriem - Stephanie Sheh (Bleach's Orihime, K-ON's Yui, Lucky Star's Akira)
Jake Martinez - Steven Jay Blum (Cowboy Bebop's Spike, Marvel Anime's Wolverine).

Funimation were at the ANNCast

And someone has summarised the juicy stuff on Mania...

Some key points that I jotted down:
- A "5 year" [old] license to announced; noted as "pretty sweet"
- Black Butler & Heaven's Lost Property "hitting our projection"
- Black Lagoon / Shana dub: "been in contact with Ocean" (stay tuned)
- D.Gray-man (second half): Lance noted as still working on it...a little difficult
- Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z orange sets still performs
- Dragon Boxes (more of them): Lance is working on it; issues of getting to retail; want them to be out
- DBZ BDs: Not right time; shelf now, do it later; it's still a project they still want to complete; kept going back on how the orange bricks still sells
- Fairy Tail: surprised them; noted as "keeps performing"
- Fate/stay night, Karin, Nanoha re-releases: "Not From Us"
- Funico: they should be the ones talking about the project; still have a good working relationship; can't comment on other's business model
- Index/Railgun: dubbed process; one season dubbed; working on second one; working on cool extras (almost said Blu-ray extras); no release date
- Geneon (Black Lagoon, Hellsing, Tenchi): soon
- Kadokawa BD situation: we eventually want to release on BD; same region issue; it's a matter of timing and approval; extras issues; working on price; ultimately they wanted more decision on
- Kaze no Stigma: a top 20 performer
- Last Exile BD - "stay tuned," "come from Gonzo," they want to release it
- LASTEXILE -Fam, The Silver Wing-: FUNi dub; in process to dub, will try go getter previous actors in
- Lupin III: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine dub - Lance noted "duh." Would like to dub it
- Mushi-Shi BD - "probably no"
- One Piece S4 on BD - rights issue, not in Japan
- One Piece movies - working on it
- Other good performers include Cat Planet Cuties, Evangelion movies, FLCL, Hetalia, Rosario + Vampire, Samurai Champloo, Sekirei, Spice & Wolf, Summer Wars
- Tatami Galaxy BD LE - a laughing reponse which pretty much equates to a no
- The Future Diary (DVD / BD): stay tuned for more details...yes (?)
- Toriko - would like to have home video rights
- Yu Yu Hakusho DVD ('09) - top 25 performer
- Yu Yu Hakusho movie (2nd one): would like to license it, no news

One thing that excited me is the success that Fairy Tail is having, making subsequent seasons being licensed more likely.

Thanks for posting that! Interesting ..

The one that sticks in my mind though: "- D.Gray-man (second half): Lance noted as still working on it...a little difficult " ...words cannot express how much i want this.

Does 'hitting our projection' mean 'Performing Well'?

Also, i was doing some browsing and it seems the next SG films to be released on BD over here are My Neighbor Totoro & Grave Of The Fireflies, if we keep to the Japan releases.

Back