The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Joshawott said:
K-ON! manga to end in June. However, the series focusing on Azusa, Ui and Jun in High School will continue.

That didn't last that long then, there wasn't any real reason for the mangaka to continue the Uni & high school story, other than to cash in on the huge popularity K-ON is having.

In matter of fact, I didn't hear much about it anyway, manga scans weren't that popular for it and I don't think it sold that well.

But it will still continue on the High School side, So will we be getting K-ON!-2 from Kyoto Ani in the future? :p

Reevothemusefan said:
Joshawott said:
K-ON! manga to end in June. However, the series focusing on Azusa, Ui and Jun in High School will continue.

That didn't last that long then, there wasn't any real reason for the mangaka to continue the Uni & high school story, other than to cash in on the huge popularity K-ON is having.
That probably was the reason.

In matter of fact, I didn't hear much about it anyway, manga scans weren't that popular for it and I don't think it sold that well.
Maybe once they reach college age, they're considered too old? xD

But it will still continue on the High School side? So will we be getting K-ON!-2
Wasn't it stated at some point that the movie was going to be the last anime? I'd still say it's more likely than Haruhi season 3 though.

Joshawott said:
Wasn't it stated at some point that the movie was going to be the last anime? I'd still say it's more likely than Haruhi season 3 though.

Really? If that is true then I would be happy with that, I don't want to be too harsh on the series but I just don't want anymore.

But yeah, I would like more Haruhi or Full Metal Panic! at least.

So, uh, I'm not entirely sure when, but a lot of Toei things happened on CR.

First; Digimon Xross Wars (As in not the recently caned nonsense) has had it's first five episodes uploaded

Second; Most, if not all, of Toei's back catalogue has been unlocked; this means that First of the North Star, Pretty Cure, Digimon Adventure Zero Two, Digimon Tamers, Gaiking: Legend of Daiku-Maryu, Slam-Dunk, Captain Harlock, Air Master and Galaxy Express 999 have been unlocked for UK viewing.

I wonder if Manga's newly noted love affair with the house that Kenshiro built has something to do with this.
MrLaserSharkKH said:
Another Day, Another Couple of Netflix UK Additions

This Time: Dance in the Vampire Bund & Eden of The East
Eden was on a few days ago but Bund is news. And awful. Really. It's shaft's worst work. Doesn't work as an adaptation of Bund, doesn't work as it's own thing. Just a whole load of contextless nudity of someone who appears to be under age. (Not saying that in context is much better but still).

ConanThe3rd said:
Second; Most, if not all, of Toei's back catalogue has been unlocked; this means that First of the North Star, Pretty Cure, Digimon Adventure Zero Two, Digimon Tamers, Gaiking: Legend of Daiku-Maryu, Slam-Dunk, Captain Harlock, Air Master and Galaxy Express 999 have been unlocked for UK viewing.

Has this still to take effect? I had a quick look just now, but GE999, Harlock and FotNS are all still locked out.

MrLaserSharkKH said:
Another Day, Another Couple of Netflix UK Additions

This Time: Dance in the Vampire Bund & Eden of The East
Shame I already own them both on DVD/BD. Still, nice to see the Netflix UK library grow bigger and bigger.

Now Netflix, come to the 3DS like in America!

Professor Irony said:
ConanThe3rd said:

Has this still to take effect? I had a quick look just now, but GE999, Harlock and FotNS are all still locked out.
Huh; I had a bad feeling that OpenDNS was opening it but checking on my old laptop which uses Sky's default DNS Settings, I'm still getting it without logging in with my CR account.

Can I get a third opinion on wither or not it's open? Prefeibly by a non sky user?

ConanThe3rd said:
Professor Irony said:
ConanThe3rd said:

Huh; I had a bad feeling that OpenDNS was opening it but checking on my old laptop which uses Sky's default DNS Settings, I'm still getting it without logging in with my CR account.

Can I get a third opinion on wither or not it's open? Prefeibly by a non sky user?

Didn't work for me on BT Broadband... :(

Just Passing Through said:
ConanThe3rd said:
Professor Irony said:
ConanThe3rd said:

Didn't work for me on BT Broadband... :(
I don't get it. It's only CR that's acting this way. I go to Netflix and it's still the UK listings and I still get booted from Hulu.

Bugger, for half a minute I thought Toei had stopped being stupid. Oh well, the path of fansubs (and Descotek, in the case of FoTNS) is one that never closes

Fingers crossed! I loved the show when I saw it as a stream and I'd definitely pick it up.

R

Back